Sign in to follow this  
Beatty

Waiting through the Silence

I know I am not bathe only one but I will say even though I have been busy lately I still find myself checking the Upcoming page daily and looking for Any word, good or bad, as to what is happening with wave 1. (And for you Captain Obviouses yes I know it's on a boat. :P)

I know it will be at least a couple of weeks but I am surprised FFG has not said anything about what is currently the projected time table, and that kind of bothers me. I'd almost rather have an estimated time that could change than not having one at all.

Anyone else feel bothered by the silence?

I know I am not bathe only one but I will say even though I have been busy lately I still find myself checking the Upcoming page daily and looking for Any word, good or bad, as to what is happening with wave 1. (And for you Captain Obviouses yes I know it's on a boat. :P)

I know it will be at least a couple of weeks but I am surprised FFG has not said anything about what is currently the projected time table, and that kind of bothers me. I'd almost rather have an estimated time that could change than not having one at all.

Monday might be the next possible day to hear something.

If its because of these silly strikes on the West Coast then they probably don't know any more then we do.

Honestly the harbors are moving but they are behind. The dock management should have an idea as to where the ship stands in the line of waiting ships. (I worked for Airborne Express in the 90's and we could tell you exactly where a package was.) So the Strike is no longer the unknown factor here. Heck I remembered when UPS went on strike in either 95 or 96 we were so overwhelmed with packages everything got hacked up, but when a costumer called we could still tell them where their package was and the estimated time frame they were looking at. That was 20 years ago, so strike or not they know what is happening at the docks.

My Zombicide Kickstarter is caught up in all this as well. Coolmini or not just did an emergency print run of the missing products to meet the order demand. They also could not get an answer of how long until their product gets off the boat. Sounds like the ports are such a mess that an estimated time table is pretty much worthless.

I sit here, as patiently as I can, dojoing fleets and working on maneuvers.  As i feel the imperials strength will come with preparation, and tactics, opposed to the rebels more reactive adaptive nature.  

If its because of these silly strikes on the West Coast then they probably don't know any more then we do.

Honestly the harbors are moving but they are behind. The dock management should have an idea as to where the ship stands in the line of waiting ships. (I worked for Airborne Express in the 90's and we could tell you exactly where a package was.) So the Strike is no longer the unknown factor here. Heck I remembered when UPS went on strike in either 95 or 96 we were so overwhelmed with packages everything got hacked up, but when a costumer called we could still tell them where their package was and the estimated time frame they were looking at. That was 20 years ago, so strike or not they know what is happening at the docks.

I thought the truckers were on strike now?

I check updates every day too.

I'm still in the unfortunate position of not having my core because I preordered core and wave 1 at the same time with cardhaus. They don't ship separately (understandably so) and if I were to split the order then I wouldn't be able to just pay shipping for 1 core order and the other wave 1 order as I wouldn't meet their $125 minimum for free shipping.

So I just wait, fighting the urge to waste money on shipping.

Fortunately I've been able to get some games in with folks who have brought their cores in to the game store.

But ugh... The wait :/

The wait is annoying. Really not all bent out of shape about the strike. Crap like that happens. To be honest, I doubt that the Core and Wave 1 would have hit the streets at the same time anyway.

Just annoyed, but honestly, in a couple more weeks, it will be fine. It is not really a problem. Pretty sure we have other games to play in the mean time!

I've been playing a lot of imperial assault. It's a great game. Loads of fun and I look forward to the weekend when I can fire it up again.

Have also been playing shadows of brimstone city of the ancients the last couple weeks as well. Also fun, but in a more fluff kind of way. Light on tactics, heavy on theme and rolling tons of dice.

Looks like they updated wave 1 on upcoming page.

They were marked as last being updated on march 22 and on the boat.

Now it's april 29 and on the boat.

Maybe they received an update of where their products are.....

It is frustrating, but it is also really refreshing to experience this delay with this community. Silence does feel like a shrug and a "it'll get there when it gets there," but then I think about what's going on in our community versus what would be happening for a hotly anticipated video game. I feel like we're practically cool as cucumbers.

I think the only article that mentions Wave 1 arrival was on March 16th and noted a loose timeline of "several weeks" - sure, we are at week 7 and it may have been more appropriate to say several months... :lol: But for the sake of comparison, say EA dropped a press release for Battlefront this fall saying it would be out in several weeks and then went dark for nearly two months about it. I can only imagine that it would be madness and pitchforks and torches would be gathered.

Hm, I'm not particularly bothered anymore. (I'm in the acceptance stage of grief. ;))

I do think that Wave 1 is really going to make Armada a lot better. It's just so limited right now with the limited selection at 180 points. That said, it means that we know what the situation is going to be for our upcoming tournaments. For right now, I'm fine with that.

I thought the truckers were on strike now?

But that's the thing, the only thing I heard of the Truck strike is what I heard here from another forum member. Does it affect the Wave 1 or not none of us know. That's why it would be nice to hear something.

I guess if there is any positive from this, its that I'm no longer in that initial hype where I would have bought multiples of everything.

I will possibly buy 2 imperial fighter packs and a victory class.

FFGs lack of support or at least updates has left me less than impressed with their customer service.

I guess if there is any positive from this, its that I'm no longer in that initial hype where I would have bought multiples of everything.

I will possibly buy 2 imperial fighter packs and a victory class.

FFGs lack of support or at least updates has left me less than impressed with their customer service.

It's unlikely that their customer service folks have anything to do with web page updates.

Im in the lucky position of drowning in work which only i am responsible for doing so it even persists in the evening. time passes by and im looking forward to the armada break once wave1 out.

Honestly, the break between the corp and Wave 1 has given me a chance to see that I will need 2 Gladiators because the Vics don't fit me well. It also gives me several games at 180 to learn the game vs just buying alot of stuff and getting frustrated when I don't know.

yea a 2nd gladiators needs to be added to my "get one of each" approach. one just wont have enough impact on a 300/400 points game cutting the option for the imperials to play a at least a little bit mobile game. i think the same is true for a 2nd Assault frigate.

Edited by madtulip

*psst*.. soon; I'm waiting to hear an official date, but as of today Wave 1 is on the move.

o7

*psst*.. soon; I'm waiting to hear an official date, but as of today Wave 1 is on the move.

o7

All together now! WE LOVE NEWT! WE LOVE NEWT! WE LOVE NEWT!