Sign in to follow this  
Scoundrel

What beats chirpy and fel?

Probably just a swarm. Vaporize the Decimator ASAP, then work on Soontir. Soontir is near invincible but his damage output and mobility is far less than the named super Phantom.

BBBBZ and all of the other BBBB builds would also work. 4x Tactician B Wings or Panic Attack would stomp this list, once Soontir gets double stressed he's a 35 point TIE Fighter.

Well.....

LAMBDA-CLASS SHUTTLE: Omicron Group Pilot (21)

Ion Cannon (3)

Tactician (2)

LAMBDA-CLASS SHUTTLE: Omicron Group Pilot (21)

Ion Cannon (3)

Tactician (2)

VT-49 DECIMATOR: Patrol Leader (40)

· Darth Vader (3)

Gunner (5)

Should do the trick.

In addition to what others have said, anything that can put down Chiraneau in a respectable amount of time (lots of things can do this) stands a good chance of mopping up Soontir.  Decimators go down fast to certain kinds of lists, and RAC is definitely the heavier damage dealer of the pair.  

I read advice here on going after the Decimator first, instead of Soontir.

Do you all not really fear Soontir in the endgame?

Yes, but RAC is worth MORE POINTS! You don't have to beat both ships, you just have to beat more than you lose. 

True, but in my experience, most games go to full annihilation of one side or the other, especially in 75-minute rounds.

A shovel.

Are you a 65+ Nigerian woman giving us advice in a cryptic Yoda-like way?

Edited by Mikael Hasselstein

Soontir is a very extreme ship, and I don't mean "woah, bro!" extreme but he's rather that he's got two very distinct modes:

1 - he's got actions and is chomping on a cigar that makes your manhood look inadequate

2 - he's blocked and deeply regretting his choice of craft

This is very much why Soontir's a chump compared to the phantom (where it's either haha arc-dodge or get blocked and haha 4/4 profile) and the reliance on greens after a PTL (which are still limited despite the beautiful dial) only exacerbates this weakness.

Killing Soontir with a swarm is very much a case of opportunity. If you can set up a block, you can set yourself up for one of the easiest kills in the game. If you don't, good god **** luck getting through four greens and that action efficiency.

Edited by ficklegreendice

Earmuffs beat chirpiness. If your asking about chiraneau then pretty much anything since he's not rolling any dice on defense. Lots of dice beats him so hlc is a good one or lots of bwings. Once you take him down your remaining ships should have an easier time taking out fel. Box him in and block.

I'm prepping for Regionals so I've also been trying to crack the Cherry + Soontir code since I know it'll be a very common list that I'll be running into. Here are some of the lists I've been brainstorming:

-Dash + Mangler/HLC backed with a Super Corran would be good against this list. All the crits will stack up well against a Decimator, and if you're lucky enough to burn through Soontir's shield and land a relevant crit, the game gets that much easier. Or, with the HLC, spam red dice until you win, however, RAC and Soontir love getting into Dash's hole, if you know what I mean.

-Oicunn + Vader backed with Soontir/PtL Royal Guard Pilots/VI Rexler. Oicunn gets his damage off through his ramming and Vader's crits while Soontir deals with Soontir, or have two RGPs to deal with Soontir, or have Rexler kite around with an HLC sniping things.

-Stress-Wing, such as Tactician B-Wings or anything housing R3-A2. Cherry doesn't care so much about the stress, but if you can land two or three stress tokens on Soontir, he's pretty much out of the game for those turns which gives you enough time to deal with him.

My biggest concern is that if ou build a list to hard counter Cherry + Soontir you're gonna suffer against other meta calls such as Dual IGs, Swarm and Fat Falcons. You may find the crux of the best list in the meta but that doesn't mean you found the crux of the meta.

Ten Numb + VI + Adv Sensors + Mangler Cannon ===>> this man have Soontirs each day for breakfast

Dutch Vander + Hog Title + Ion Cannon

Horton Salm + Hog Title + Ion Cannon+ R7 unit

---------------------------

Dutch And Horton together with the title can easily damage and control the decimator, Soontir against Ten lasts normally 2 turns, 3 maximum, while the two Ywings attach the decimator, after that the decimator is lost.

Horton´s ability is awesome combined with the free target lock from Vander, because it allows him to use the droid for defense, repeat dices atacking for free at range 2-3 (Horton Sam ability) and use focus for one of the attacks.

Any Decimator with Vader - let the moth Soontir come too close to the flame and die or have him flying in loops being out of the fight to avoid that, while you kill off the rest of his list.

I haven't played the matchup enough to say this with too much confidence, but so far this has done rather well against Admiral Fel:

IG-88B (Veteran Instincts, Fire-Control System, Heavy Laser Cannon, Feedback Array, IG-2000)

IG-88C/D (Veteran Instincts, Fire-Control System, Heavy Laser Cannon, Feedback Array, IG-2000)

If Soontir gets close, he gets zapped to death, and then Chirpy gets murdered by HLC fire. If Soontir keeps his distance, then he won't be able to do enough damage to stop Chirpy getting murdered by HLC fire, and then he'll get zapped to death.

Edited by DR4CO

I'm not an expert player but I did use RAC/Fel to win my local store championship. I would also recommend focusing RAC first. If you can keep 8 red dice pointed at him he will go down very fast. I was thrilled when my opponents would take a shot at turtled Fel because he almost always shrugs it off.

Now if Fel messes up and leaves himself without actions go ahead and take the shot. You could try and lure Fel into a sense of safety by aggressively pursuing RAC, then when he gets into a position you can easily block his next move, turn your forces and wipe him out in one round. 

I've been playing RAC for 4 months now. First with 2 Royal Guard Pilots, than with Whisper and after phantom nerf – with Soontir. Honestly, the only two truly terrible matchups I met were 5 Cartel Spacers with Mangler Cannons (the first time I played against them they eliminated RAC on turn 4) and 4 low-skill B-wings with Fire Control System.

Tacticians are optional in the latter case: the B-wings simply crash the Decimator. I often don't have enough time to grind through shields and reduce the enemy's total firepower before it is too late.