Sign in to follow this  
FTS Gecko

Yevethan D Type Up Next?

Could this mean we're going to see Etahn's targets at some point?

No.

This has been another episode of Short Answers to Simple Questions! Tune in next time...

Now vorp haven't we learnt saying no outright ends up with egg on our faces?

Could this mean we're going to see Etahn's targets at some point?

No.

This has been another episode of Short Answers to Simple Questions! Tune in next time...

Now vorp haven't we learnt saying no outright ends up with egg on our faces?

No.

This has been a special bonus webisode edition of Short Answers to Simple Questions! Tune in next time...

well played sir.

on topic we might see them certainly the artwork proves nothing crowd disappeared when scum was announced so sure, but personally i'm not getting a star wars vibe from them so it'd depend on how the model turned out.

For a longer answer, I see two big problems with the D-type. First, it doesn't fit with any of the three factions. The Yevetha are definitely not part of the Empire, and they fought against the New Republic, so they can't be part of those factions. And they're a race of paranoid xenophobes, so it's hard to see how you portray them as working with Scum & Villainy.

Second, and this is admittedly more speculative, but I'm not sure Disney/LFL is going to be happy with resurrecting the Black Fleet Crisis even in a non-canon "publication" like X-wing Minis. There's obviously a new post-Endor timeline underlying the new movies and comics and novels, and there may simply not be room there for a war with the Yevetha.

so it's hard to see how you portray them as working with Scum & Villainy.

Eatin'-a-boat shoots lasers at them and they explode.  Great teamwork!

Second, and this is admittedly more speculative, but I'm not sure Disney/LFL is going to be happy with resurrecting the Black Fleet Crisis even in a non-canon "publication" like X-wing Minis. There's obviously a new post-Endor timeline underlying the new movies and comics and novels, and there may simply not be room there for a war with the Yevetha.

Havent they already done this with the K Wing?  I have next to no exposure to the EU/Legends stuff, but from what I have seen on the forum, wasnt the K Wing out of that same storyline?  Even if you discard the black fleet story, the Yevetha are still 'there' in the universe arent they?  No reason that their fighters couldnt be, same as the K Wing. 

I really hope not. It's just an ugly ship that would be easy to sweep under the carpet. I'm starting to get less and less excited with the new waves, because it seems like they're "filler" ships. Just stuff to prolong the game as long as possible, and taking away the iconic SW feel.

I'd have rather seen more Aces packs of earlier ships than dip into complete obscurity.

...and so once again the rule which shall not be named proves to be accurate.

If that rule were worth anything, we'd already have both Death Stars, a couple of Star Destroyers and Cloud City.

Edit:

I hope we do not get that Jet Fighter.

Edited by dvor

I would have agreed with this conclusion a mere few short weeks back, as it seemed dead-certain the K-Wing would never see the light of day for exactly the same reason.

However, here it is.

Given we've seen the D-type already in art...and the K-Wing, introduced in the same series, is now in the game...I dunno, any more.

(I mean, seriously, the K-Wing!  It's hideous!  And practically appeared nowhere BUT the 'Black Fleet Crisis' - that certainly accounts for at least 80% of its presence in EU material.  Never been in any video games or anything to date, either...)

As to the odd faction issues - that's handled easily enough, similar to the IG-2000 title.  Just drop it in the 'Scum' faction (the obvious choice as the Yevethan did specifically war with both the Rebel-ish forces and Empire forces), and have a 0-point title for them that provides some kind of group boost if flown only alongside other D-types.  Given lore of the ship, it would seem obvious it would have to be a 2-attack, 4-agility ship...so a "Yevethan Purge" title that provided +1 attack dice against 'small' base targets if flown in a fleet of pure D-type fighters...or something like that...would make thematic sense.

So basically we're saying that now the K-Wing's on it's way, all bets are off?

Be careful with your pronouns, there.  ;) 

To me that's just a variation on the argument that FFG introduced Scum, and therefore no one can ever believe anything is unlikely to happen ever again.

So basically we're saying that now the K-Wing's on it's way, all bets are off?

Be careful with your pronouns, there.  ;) 

To me that's just a variation on the argument that FFG introduced Scum, and therefore no one can ever believe anything is unlikely to happen ever again.

Fourth faction is on its way i the great seer hoho have forseen it!