Sign in to follow this  
daloonieshaman

Port strike causes Shipping Delays again!!!!!

I thought that the containers heading to the East Coast were loaded on to trains to be transported that distance, not trucks. Could be wrong though.

That's all.

I believe trucks still have to transport them to the train depot.
Point. Well let's hope it doesn't create an issue for wave 1. (Still a chance it might not effect it. I really hope.)

I thought that the containers heading to the East Coast were loaded on to trains to be transported that distance, not trucks. Could be wrong though.

That's all.

I believe trucks still have to transport them to the train depot.

Not sure how the LA ports work, but in Seattle the tracks all go right into the ports. I think the dock workers with the local trucks move the containers over to them.

They should just ship the stuff to countries from China where its made. THis shipping to America then shipping back out is butkiss.

What about the US, tho? Also Europe does get wares directly from the manufacturer, Europe had the core set ready waiting in warehouses long before it got distributed in the US, they just had to wait for the US to be ready for distribution.

Tried to read a few articles on the truckers strike.  It does not seem very wide-spread, targeting only a few companies in Los Angeles, in relatively small numbers.  Not nearly as serious as the shipping strike of a few months ago.  I would be surprised if this has any impact on our nearly irrational desire to possess little plastic spaceships.  Just trying to be patient like everyone else...

(not sure why I can't cut and past here, but this is a good synopsis)

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Ports-Los-Angeles-Long-Beach-Truck-Drivers-Strike-301414851.html

Ugh... I still don't even have the core as I preordered all of wave 1 with the core set.

Been playing some with others who bring their sets to the store, but it would be nice to have my copy so I could set up a carrying case solution.

I'd be curious to know what stage of shipping ffg's items are in...

Is it wrong I want to kill Daloonieshaman now? Screw not killing the bearer of bad news.

Full Disintergrations!

Seems like we need the PunishingOne ASAP, and get Dengar integrated!

Edited by JustinKase

In other news, the Iranian Navy fired shots on the container ship bearing Wave 2 to Los Angeles!!  FFG's entire stock of Wave 2 is being detained at Bander Abbas!  The USS Teddy Roosevelt is sailing to the Persian Gulf to liberate Wave 2! 

Help us Admiral Harry Harris Jr, you're our only hope!

I know, first post and all, but you really only need to worry about shipping blockages at Seattle and Tacoma as that's where all the Xwing/IA/Armada stuff primarily comes through and a ship named after a certain Mozart opera which docked on the 25th with three large containers of goodies is probably what we're waiting for.