Sign in to follow this  
DariusAPB

Fat Chirpy

He's the big part of it. Basically need the turret of the deci to autocrit arc dodgers, and gunner - well you can see where gunner fits in here.

If only I could put FCS on this.

Edited by DariusAPB

Well, I would start by spelling his freaking name correctly.

Ahem.

After that, I don't think there's a clear, bright line on what's too much to spend. I will say that Gunner + Vader is expensive both in terms of price and in terms of the effect using it has on your ship. Personally I'd drop them, although I understand it's a popular build.

Edited by Vorpal Sword

So far the price seems to be hurting what I can take with him, just adding backstabber and magic mithel gives me only 4 points to play with. I could swap isard with reb captive, but I love the idea of doublecritting Soontir, or quickly wearing down whisper.

R2D2 E-wings hurt this though.

So far the price seems to be hurting what I can take with him, just adding backstabber and magic mithel gives me only 4 points to play with. I could swap isard with reb captive, but I love the idea of doublecritting Soontir, or quickly wearing down whisper.

R2D2 E-wings hurt this though.

Yeah, Gunner + Vader is basically a really expensive insurance policy against two ships. They're two really important ships to take care of, but there are lots of things out there that can completely ignore two points of damage, and it's 1/4 of your life every time you do it.

Basically, it's a metagame call at this point. Are those two ships worth setting aside 8 points in a build that's already strapped for points?

I regularly run admiral Cheerios at 63 points, but with a different loadout.

I have found him effective with echo, soontir or 3 academies. The academies were probably the most effective though. Blocking enemy ships so they can't concentrate fire.

Been thinking of running him with a rec-spec bounty hunter, but haven't tried that yet.

He's the big part of it. Basically need the turret of the deci to autocrit arc dodgers, and gunner - well you can see where gunner fits in here.

you really don't need the turret to counter arc-dodgers

with the phantom errata, a good block will absolutely **** over the remaining ships that can actually trivially disengage from you (Soontir, and soon maybe Vader)

If you feel of you need a turret (rather than more practice) you're going to want to shave off a whole tie's worth of points for the basic PS 3 Vadermader imo. Chiri is too many points to help your opponent kill off.

But if you want to use Chiri because he's Chiri, then he can also just push through high agility (sometimes even thrusters, if lucky) with just highly modified attacks plus gunner (no vader needed)

Edited by ficklegreendice

with the phantom errata, a good block will absolutely **** over the remaining ships that can actually trivially disengage from you (Soontir, and soon maybe Vader)

If you need a turret (rather than more practice) you're going to want to shave off a whole tie's worth of points for the basic PS 3 Vadermader imo. Chiri is too many points to help your opponent kill off.

Chiri can, however, also just push through high agility (sometimes even thrusters, if lucky) with just highly modified attacks plus gunner (no vader needed)

What's with your anti-turret crusade? They're not going away anytime soon, you know.

If you need a turret (rather than more practice) you're going to want to shave off a whole tie's worth of points for the basic PS 3 Vadermader imo. Chiri is too many points to help your opponent kill off.

Chiri can, however, also just push through high agility (sometimes even thrusters, if lucky) with just highly modified attacks plus gunner (no vader needed)

What's with your anti-turret crusade? They're not going away anytime soon, you know.

I'm not going anti-turret here, I'm giving advice regardless

Apart from agreeing with people that feel Chiri is too expensive for self-damage (and that a basic patrol leader would be a more effective suicide ship), I'm also imparting the idea that turrets are no longer necessary to counter arc-dodgers (and never were, imo) if that is the reason why the OP wants to use chiri.

If the OP wants to use chiri, then I gave additional advice below

edited previous post for clarity

Edited by ficklegreendice

It should be noted that the person I want to try this on uses Soontir, Carnor, Turr lists a lot, so i figure this would troll him hard.

do you have two decimators?

one goes vadermator, the other goes oicuun. The Vadermator stays further off, Oicuun goes HAM. Interceptors should shoot Vadermator but Oicuun's in their face.

watch the poor guy cry

I've had good success with this 63 point build: http://xwing-builder.co.uk/view/197984/imperial-firing-squad

The TIE blockers can be awesome for setting up kills and he really doesn't suffer from bumps with his ability and Gunner. The VI is seldom useful... except against Phantoms and arc dodgers when it suddenly becomes a game changer.

Like all Decimator lists, though, squadrons with a lot of fire power can be problematic. 4 B-Wings will eat him alive.

And I agree that Vader is not going to be worth it. At 63 points, each point of hull/shield is too valuable to give away with Vader.

vs

Last night I ran him with, expose, gunner, repel captive and engine. I wanted to try out expose and fairly often had 5 dice because of it. But even with Chiraneaus ability, I had in average two hits, so Gunner got usefull plenty of times to. I think Vader is overkill in a build like this, and personally I am trying things other than vet instincts these days. If expose did not take an action it would be brilliant on the Decimator, but I think a target lock would have helped me just as much last night! 

Edited by Dwing