Sign in to follow this  
Engine25

Some Different (and probably unlikely) Predictions on Wave 7

I had a couple thoughts about some of the Wave 7 cards, and I'd like you guys to see if I'm crazy.

First of all, the Extra Munitions card. The revealed card art from the K wing reveals that it fills a torpedo slot, leading to some complaints by a few players. There is another Extra Munitions card in the TIE Punisher expansion, whose lower portions are obscured. Perhaps we will get the first card that comes in two slots, and you can pick which is most helpful to your specific build. The Punisher card could fill a missile slot instead. Likely, no, but it would certainly add versatility.

Also, many are guessing that the TIE only card in the Punisher, which appears to be Twin Ion Engines, is a modification, and it has something to do with maneuvering. What if it's a title instead? Obviously we don't know what it does yet, so that's anybody's guess. However, the only TIE variant with a title is the interceptor, and the designers have been releasing more and more ships with titles as the game has progressed. This would mean you can still take that Autothrusters upgrade or that Stealth Device, but could add another option to all of these craft. It would also make it compete with the Royal Guard Title, as stealth and AT is a quite potent combo. If it affects maneuvering, it could improve the defender quite a bit, and then of it ISa title, it may make maybe an Engine Upgrade or something more attractive on the Defender also.

Just some thoughts. Frank and Alex have said that the designers choose which slot to place an upgrade based on what it meant players have to give up. Assuming it adds a maneuverability advantage, I think it could go either way. Maybe it would be too good to also be able to add a mod, maybe not. Basically, I want to know what it does to my box full of TIEs.

It has been suggested that the other extra munitions might be a missile instead. I just think that, if they were going to duplicate effect, they would give it a different name.

What we can see of the TIE upgrade seems clear that it effects maneuvers in some fashion. I have been saying all along that it looks like "title" will fit the spacing better than "modification", but we just don't know. If it is a title it provides competition with the RG title and the x1 title, if it is a mod then FFG don't have to worry about it being taken on phantoms. It really depends on what it does. I am assuming that, while it will be takeable on all 7 TIE variants, that it will be redundant on a couple. But which ones...

It makes very little difference to the TIE Interceptor whether it is a Modification or a Title.

If it is a Title, it replaces RGT, so you get the new card and only one Modification (probably Autothrusters).

If it is a Modification, you can still take the RGT Title to get two Modifications, so you get the new card and one other Modification (probably Autothrusters).

For the Interceptors that can take RGT, this is totally a wash whether it is a Modification or Title. However, it will matter to the cheap genetic pilots (who could use a Title).

I'm really betting this is a Modification though.

I think it is a mod wich will turn red turns white. Usefull on Bombers and the defender. Similar to how FFG made scum y-wings a bit more maneuverable with unhinged astromechs!

Anything to help defenders climb to the top  ;)

Extra munitions takes up a torpedo slot!? WHY!? That sucks! Can't use it on A-Wings, X-Wings, Z-95s.....Even Y-Wings and B-Wings can barely use it. That sucks! I was really excited about that card too....

Extra munitions takes up a torpedo slot!? WHY!? That sucks! Can't use it on A-Wings, X-Wings, Z-95s.....Even Y-Wings and B-Wings can barely use it. That sucks! I was really excited about that card too....

The ammo must be stored somewhere ...

Its intended for bomber-class ships.

Y-Wings and B-Wings can use it to reduce costs on APT or PT.

Y-Wing could even load 2 Proton Bombs for 3,5 points each.