Sign in to follow this  
AdmiralThrawn

Oh I'll Be Buying the Raider Alright.....

This one right here:

swm15-layout.png

I'm kinda disappointed with FFG on this one. We waited like 5 months for a new article, and we finally get one that spoils only 3 mediocre crew options and not Palpatine. The Raider has officially lost my interest, and that's why I decided to spend my money on starting Armada instead. Id rather just proxy the Tie Advanced cards it comes with, because that's about the only good thing about it.

Anyone else agree with me?

not really, I doubt this Advanced fix will spill over into regionals. At least tehy give you 4 copies of Tie advance fixes so you will never have to buy more than 1.

As for armada since those packs are more expensive than the other ones I'll think I'll stick to just the movie packs. So the only thing I will have that wasn't in the original 3 was the Victory class Star Destroyer because it comes in the starter.

Yeah yeah I know guys no logic involved here.

I mainly don't want to buy the raider just because I don't get a chance to play epic often, just ranting a bit.

Believe it or not, I do understand where you're coming from and used to get upset when I didn't get the spoilers I wanted. Nowadays, I think it's better to wait and see, and be pleasantly surprised when I get the final product. Or be disappointed. Either way, having everything spoiled ruins the fun for me, and while I appreciate some spoilers so I can get excited (Admiral Ozzel looks enticing), I think that dismissing it entirely just because not all the cards you wanted to see are shown is a little short-sighted. You might be selling yourself short by doing that, because if it turns out that the good outweighs the bad, you'll probably regret not getting one.

"Disappointed in FFG"'s a bit unfair, don't you think? Not putting Palpatine in the first spoiler article doesn't mean they've removed him from the box, he's still in there.

I get what you mean, it doesn't feel like there's much new content revealed in that article, but remember that there's a lot of card crossover with the CR90 so there aren't actually that many cards to spoil. They spoiled three out of the four crew and the Ion Cannon Battery (we got that before by URL fishing, not actual release). What's left is the TIE advanced pilots (based on the GR-75 they'll get their own article) and maybe an upgrade or two hidden in the fan we haven't picked out. Beyond that, it's the teams and weapons of the CR90. Assuming full spoilers on the three unseen x1 pilots, that'd leave Palpatine as the only unspoiled card, and they always leave one unspoiled.

Honestly, I don't think I'll ever play the old tournament rules again once the Raider comes out.  It will be all epic all the time for me no matter how long it takes to play.  It's the way the game was always meant to be played in my opinion.

Yes! There's just something about having 600 or 800 points on the board that makes the game feel more solid. Last night we had 8 T/fs on the board, with room left over for a few Squints. And a Decimator. And Rexler.

My CR-90 one shot Howlrunner with its maingun.

My teammate just got into the game because Wave 6 introduced his favorite character of all time. With Epic, he was able to run 4 IG-88s. That was a dream for a +35 year old dude with an IG 88 6 inch model.

It's not just having more on the field, though. It's a matter of having squads of ships with different roles doing different things, all interacting. Heavy hitters against the Huge ships. Huge ships against the Large ships. Fighters doing their best to support the rest. There is a dynamism and chaos that feels more alive than a 100 point death match.

@ OP

No, I don't agree with you.

Besides, I don't need to invent excuses to justify myself playing Armada. But if that makes you feel better... Whatever works for you.

My best advice is: 'Have fun'... And my second best is: 'Don't lie to yourself'.