Sign in to follow this  
InquisitorAlexel

What would like the next DH2 supplement to be?

Hi,

I'm finishing Ennemies Within and I'm already tired of waiting for the next book for DH2 and I told myself: why not starting a speculative thread about what it could contain. 

It seems that DH2 will go with the Ordos as themes for its supplements, so I would like to get an Ordo Xenos book as the next add-on. It was discussed a lot in DH1 and there were very good ideas in there. Even if I'm more of a Hereticus/Malleus type, I would be very glad to get new stuff for xenos to enhance my skills at playing them well in the games I master.

I'd hope it was a Ordo Xenos book as well. Adventure hooks relating to the cold trade, kill and assimilate type infiltrator xenos, rules either for Xenos NPC henchmen or Xenos characters for particularly out there Ordo Xenos Inquisitors, and of course a bunch of gadgets related to either finding, and killing them and a few xenos devices to be be used on/by the PCs.

I hope it's an Ordo Xenos book that explains what the Eldar are after in Askellon, though I suspect that'll be part of its own Adventure book series. I really really hope they don't just release 3 books for the 3 major Ordos and call it a day ala Black Crusade.

I'm with you on that. It would be pretty lame if the line stopped with the three ordos. Because even if there are 3 sourcebooks for those ordos, it would still be appropriate to get GM-only creatures supplements (Disciples of the Dark Gods, bestiary, etc.)

Yet another vote for Ordo Xenos.

It seems that DH2 will go with the Ordos as themes for its supplements, so I would like to get an Ordo Xenos book as the next add-on. It was discussed a lot in DH1 and there were very good ideas in there.

Ah, yes, this thread. I've been thinking about trying to revive that project...

Yes, it was that topic indeed. There were very good ideas in this one. 

I'm also interested in a supplement that treats how to do "ascended" campaigns where players are a lot stronger indeed. Rules for having our own inquisitorial organisation, domains, better rules for recruiting/requisitionning services, etc. could be very nice. 

If the supplement pattern continues the next book will be a GM monster manual. Followed by an adventure, followed by another player supplement.

Of the ordo books I'd prefer to see the ordo xenos book before the ordo malleus book. I want to know more about what minor xenos threats exist in this sector especially since Forbidden lore (xenos) is now broken up into sub specializations by race. How can we pick anything but the boring ones like orks and eldar until we know what else is in this sector.

In general though I would really like to see something more along the lines of inquisitor's handbook, Ascension and/or like one of the Only War supplements. Something with a longer list of new talents, a variety of new elite advances for other classes, and some more generic equipment and weapons. Some more class specific elite advances similar to the sister of battle to give a bit more of an Ascension feel for higher levels so one character can go Inquisitor and then other classes can take one related to their background or just to add some more variety like 1st ed had with all of its alternate career paths to represent some of the more off the wall branches of the different organizations.  

Ordo Xenos.

Forgotten Gods starts making some Eldar connections.  Let's just see how deep the rabbit hole goes in Askellon.

Maybe we finally get to play Deathwatch Space Marines then? :D Oh wait. ;)

Deathwatch are just part of the Ordo Xenos.  There are inquisitors and acolytes just like Ordo Hereticus.  It's not like everyone in Ordo Hereticus is a Sister of Battle.

So far Askellon is known to contain Craftworld Eldar. Eldar Corsairs, and Orks.  This means no Nids, Necrons, or Tau so far.  There are major hints so far though that the presence of the craftworld in the area has some unknown purpose.  Part of that purpose is revealed to a very minor extent in Forgotten Gods.  The Eldar are keeping watch on planets where extinct xeno races once worshiped the ruinous powers.  That's really all we have so far.  I wouldn't be shocked though to see some of these xeno races make a return from the dead.

It could be approprite for the Yu'Vath to make an appearance in this game line also. I liked very much the concept but they didn't go very far with it (or they went as far as possible for a dead race).

As for the Death Watch, I know, but I was saying that because there are the stats for a DW Space Marine in the requisitions Characters, you add an ordo xenos supplements and you're equip to play DW missions with just DH2.

If the supplement pattern continues the next book will be a GM monster manual. Followed by an adventure, followed by another player supplement.

I'd be fine with a Monster Manual being next, IF it wasn't mostly just slightly altered versions of the same daemons and xenos that have appeared in every single game in the WH40KRP line so far- which it almost certainly will be. I understand that each game needs to stand alone, and you shouldn't have to buy supplements intended for a different game to get stats for iconic 40K adversaries, but, geez, how many more times will I be asked to buy new stats for Orks and Bloodletters?

I guess I would want at least 1/3 new critters to feel good about the inevitable repetition...

Edited by Adeptus-B

I'm with you Adeptus-B on that. Even if I mostly have all supplements (not the adventures, tho), I'm at ease with looking throught all my books to get what I already have. On the other hand, Dark Heresy 2 added something I like to NPCs which are special rues. Before, the majority of monsters were just stats of block, but now, many of them have special stats. I would like to see how they would bring back the stats for other beasts, daemons and etc. with those special rules for them.

But I would be glad if there was indeed at least the 3rd of the stuff that was brand new.

I really do like the idea of seeing yu'vath show up.  The problem is they are 'officially' a dead race.  They were wiped out.  What I really enjoyed though was that someone suggested one a thread years ago that the yu'vath were not actually evil, and it's sort of this puzzle you put together reading about them.  They were 'enslavers', but that was just the way other races looked at them.  There was some suggestion a poster made that people were taking up their devices voluntarily.  I thought this would a be a great plotline.     

I have a theory about them, but It ain't the same topic. They are the Old One (and they look like the Elder Things in Cthulhu). Either they ain't evil, or they are the corrupted remnants of the Great Old One after the enslaver virtually ate all the specie. Whatever, it is like this I use them in my games! (The players do not know that...yet)

Fantasy flight develops new races, but the problem is we should have heard about this new race in the core book, if it was going to be a major facet of the setting.  The pandemonium hasn't been well fleshed out either.

It would have to be almost insignificant.  The sector is ten thousand years old at least.  Even with Douglas Addams is talking about space being 'big' when you have warp travel it isn't really that big and it's been a long time.  I think necrons might be a good addition.  Necrons weren't really in the Calixis Sector too much and it would make sense for them to be Askellon.