Sign in to follow this  
InquisitorAlexel

What would like the next DH2 supplement to be?

The Slaught were a major threat in the Calixis Sector, and they avoided widespread knowledge of their existence.

Besides, I don't think it's too unusual that there are no Sector-specific xenos listed in the main DH2 rulebook, given that there was a stated goal by FFG of focusing on one aspect of the setting at a time rather than the scattershot approach to Adversaries in the DH1 rulebook.

It would have to be almost insignificant.  The sector is ten thousand years old at least.  Even with Douglas Addams is talking about space being 'big' when you have warp travel it isn't really that big and it's been a long time.  I think necrons might be a good addition.  Necrons weren't really in the Calixis Sector too much and it would make sense for them to be Askellon.

•  
  •  
  •  

Why would it have to be almost insignificant? Ten thousands years old with a technology and warp currents that do not permit to get everywhere in space without great risks do not seems to me any guarantee that there isn't something we don't know in the sector.

Mankind has existed for hundreds of thousands of years on Earth without knowing there was an other continent. It is only very recent that it is the case. It's funny to see that sea voyages, even with bad ships, are safer even in the 15th century than warp travel in 41st millenium. 

We can travel in our own solar system and have some technologies that are a lot more advanced than in 40k, and we do not know yet what is on Mars. Hell, we don't even know the names of our neighbours even if we got all the means to speak with them. 

If I follow your logic with your suggestion about Necrons, they couldn't be there without any mention in the core book; It's not like if sitting ruins were hard to spot? I don't have any problems with necrons though!

Like Radwraith, I've got a taste for Rak'Gol; and any Yu'Vath related species. 

Note that it is also mentionned in the core rulebook that some people think that a very large sector would be hidden in the Pandemonium. Could be Yu'Vath Empire, Rak'Gol worlds, or anything else (Slaught Empire? etc.)

Chaos isn't widely known by mankind, still it's a great threath since 10 000 years.

Edited by InquisitorAlexel

I'd really like to see them do more Homeworld entries for the mentioned Worlds of the Askellion sector. Cerix Magnus comes to mind.

I'd also like to see more Elite Advances. Maybe one for the Adeptus Mechanicus who don't really have an appropriate one at the moment.

Edited by Cripple X

Mankind has existed for hundreds of thousands of years on Earth without knowing there was an other continent. It is only very recent that it is the case. It's funny to see that sea voyages, even with bad ships, are safer even in the 15th century than warp travel in 41st millenium. 

That is a good point. Just going by how GW originally explained the Warp and human expansion to work, the Imperium isn't actually "mapping" its area of space as a whole, simply because Imperial ships rely on stable Warp corridors between worlds (see for example the "network" maps for sectors in Battlefleet Gothic).

This leads to "Imperial space" actually functioning more like a loose collection of explored bubbles with a lot of unexplored space between them, meaning that a lot of Bad Stuff™ can hide between its worlds.

If you incorporate this background detail into your take on the setting, it can make sense - and possibly be a good source for future adventure hooks, be it the Imperium exploring a new route that just opened up, or conversely, some of the Bad Stuff™ leaking out and pouncing on an unwary colony whose people used to think they're living in relative safety because nothing bad has happened over the past millennium.

I would like to see an Acolyte's Handbook. Some details on recruitment, training etc maybe with some low level adventures. I like low level stuff and it would be good to know just what a beginning acolyte knows about Chaos/xenos/malleus and so forth.

At this point, it would just be really nice to have an announcement of ANYTHING. Enemies Within came out 3 months ago now. Any book takes at least 3-6 months after being anounced to hit the shelves. So that means that it's going to be a roughly 6-9 month gap until the next supplement.

Considering this is the only 40k RPG currently even receiving new material, let's hope for an announcement soon!

(Fingers crossed for Enemies Without)