Sign in to follow this  
DScipio

Oh no, not you again... The Millenium Falcon :(

So again, super transports are here. We have small armed transports again that are better than whole squadrons of fighter.

I mean a single YT-1300 has 7 hull points! Thats more than 12 Y-Wings.

Further it has 3 blue anti squadron dice. So a singel YT-1300 freighter is as good in shooting down fighters as 12 A-Wing Interceptors.

Relax.

We don't know how many space crafts squadron base represents. You've made an assumption that one fighter base is 12 fighters, and another one that one smuggler/hunter ship base is exactly that ship only.

1) 'Squadron' is a very broad term in Star Wars Universe. In New Hope we've got 12 fighter-strong Red Squadron, 7 fighter-strong Gold Squadron and 9 fighter-strong Black Squadron; in Empire Strikes Back there's Death Squadron with lots of various craft including capital ships.

2) Personally I believe squadron base represents exactly 3 starfighters.

3) That being said, squadrons in SW:Armada are abstract.

Talk about assumptions. Where on earth is it written anywhere in the armada rules that three ships represent 12 ships? And where is it then written that, while each x wing represents four actual XWings, that each Falcon represents only one falcon?

I see the falcon vs three tie fighters. The falcon SHOULD absolutely destroy the tie fighters. Plus, it is the falcon.

So yeah.

I also go with that each stand represents just what you see, three fighters, or one ship. We know that the falcon can take on and win vs four Tie fighters so looks OK to me, I just need to send more Tie's to kill the rebel scum (and/or better fighters)

Do we know the price of the falcon?

IF yes, lets do a proper comparison

If no, lets not jump to conclusions

I believe FFG learned well from their worst ******* mistake in X-wing miniatures, and as a single "squadron" and actually following the respective rules (minus rogue) it isn't even close to the idiocy that it is in X-wing

Plus, 7 hull is nothing. A single squadron command (activating before "rogue") with 3+ x-wings will rip that stupid thing in half

Edited by ficklegreendice

Do we know the price of the falcon?

IF yes, lets do a proper comparison

If no, lets not jump to conclusions

I believe FFG learned well from their worst ******* mistake in X-wing miniatures, and as a single "squadron" and actually following the respective rules (minus rogue) it isn't even close to the idiocy that it is in X-wing

Plus, 7 hull is nothing. A single squadron command (activating before "rogue") with 3+ x-wings will rip that stupid thing in half

Base YT-1300 looks to be 11 points, so depending on what Han+Grit+Rouge does say the 18 to 25 range possibly a little more (it is Han and the falcon).

I'm actually more annoyed that they went with Han as the unique pilot for the Falcon, when Lando was the one who actually used it in a fleet action.

Anyway also not a particular fan of the rogues pack, but what can you do?

I am going to mount them on spare X-wing and Tie bases so that they represent them leading a squadron rather than being one ship.

I'm actually more annoyed that they went with Han as the unique pilot for the Falcon, when Lando was the one who actually used it in a fleet action.

I am going to mount them on spare X-wing and Tie bases so that they represent them leading a squadron rather than being one ship.

That is what I will do also, that way it will feel like the falcon and a few xwings.

I wish they had gone with Han and Lando and Chewie so everyone would be happy.

a YT-1300, and even more so the Falcon, fully crewed and armed for battle, is a formidable opponent to any fighter squadron. 2 quad laser turrets that cover 360° at all elevations, proton torpedoes,heavy shields and very powerful engines. Its like a B-17 superfortress thats as manouvrable as a fighter

a YT-1300, and even more so the Falcon, fully crewed and armed for battle, is a formidable opponent to any fighter squadron. 2 quad laser turrets that cover 360° at all elevations, proton torpedoes,heavy shields and very powerful engines. Its like a B-17 superfortress thats as manouvrable as a fighter

I think that it has missiles not torpedoes but other than that yea, very powerful but not even close to the Corvette.

And it in no way should be.

Sidebar, my favorite ship is the corvette.(in particular the modified pocket carrier varient "Night Caller" from Wraith Squadron ) Imagine if Han had gotten hold of one and pimped it out

Hmmm...Han pimps a corvette...

I imagine he would start by relocating the bridge inconveniently and asymmetrically off to one side of the spaceframe.  He would then proceed to cover it in half rusted plating, and replace the hyperdrive with something more suitable--you know, like something that only works half the time. 

Dorsal and ventral swivel mounted turbolasers could stay though, as could the exterior rectenna--they make Han feel right at home!

I suspect that there would have been far more people upset by no Han than by no Lando.  FFG makes the smart choice, as usual. 

This also lets Lando be on a ship while also using Han on the Falcon. Win Win

And it in no way should be.

Sidebar, my favorite ship is the corvette.(in particular the modified pocket carrier varient "Night Caller" from Wraith Squadron ) Imagine if Han had gotten hold of one and pimped it out

Hmmm...Han pimps a corvette...

I imagine he would start by relocating the bridge inconveniently and asymmetrically off to one side of the spaceframe.  He would then proceed to cover it in half rusted plating, and replace the hyperdrive with something more suitable--you know, like something that only works half the time. 

Dorsal and ventral swivel mounted turbolasers could stay though, as could the exterior rectenna--they make Han feel right at home!

Giving that the corvette was originally going to be the Falcon this describes quite accurately what the model makers did when George Lucas told them to "do better".

The Falcon is not a standard YT1300, it's moded and pimped to the max and Han isin't a "normal" pilot. He can out fly, out maneuver, out think and out fight the Imperial navy, or so you get the impression from the movie.

I'm OK with what FFG have done, the Falcon and Han are both heroes. Anything less wouldn't be right.

I just noticed the Falcon has a speed of 3, generic YT of 2. That puts a serious cramp on both, especially the generic. So the Rogue keyword allowing you to move and fire seems a little less OP now. They may be heavy hitters but they're going to be slow compared to many starfighters, require nearby tether ships for commands, and generally not be able to run willy nilly.