Sign in to follow this  
Trebonius

Huge ships colliding

With the raider about to arrive, we have the issue of what happens if two huge ships collide head on.

I presume they crit them selves to destruction (or rather face up damage card each other until both front ends are crippled...) as they cannot manouever out of the way of each other?

"When a huge ship executes a maneuver and the final position of one of its sections overlaps one or more huge ships, use the standard rules for overlapping ships as described on page 17 of the core set rulebook. However, the huge ship that moved does not skip its “Perform Action” step. Instead, both huge ships are dealt one faceup Damage card; each player draws this Damage card from the deck that corresponds to his ship’s affected section."

Just played a 2v2 Epic game this evening (two Raiders vs two Corvettes), where one of the Rebel players ran his crippled-fore Corvette head-on into my untouched Raider's fore.  Neither huge ship could get around the other, and my fore-section continually received face-up damage cards from repeated collisions until it too became crippled.

Neither ship could target the other ship's aft-section, and neither ship could execute any maneuvers.  It was....boring.

Edited by Rydiak