Sign in to follow this  
R22

ISD & MC80: How many?

My plan is to get at least one for every title that they release for the Empire. I am still trying to decide if I want to build a rebel fleet (expand my two starters) but if I do most likely just one of each for them.

I could see a Tector coming out at the same time as the winged MC80

What does the Tector even look like?

up-armored ISD, no hangar (read: low/no squadron value) and more protected reactor

Why not just take an ISD then? If the Tector doesn't have a lot of cosmetic changes why is it even a separate ship?

up-armored ISD, no hangar (read: low/no squadron value) and more protected reactor

Why not just take an ISD then? If the Tector doesn't have a lot of cosmetic changes why is it even a separate ship?

I would guess different stats. Like someone said probably 0 maybe 1 for it squadron ability, I would guess different upgraded abilities as well. But that is all guessing right now.

because it was in a movie? and also it's a whole separate model they can charge you money for, without a dramatically different mold

I'm not declaring "yay, the tector" i'm simply saying that it's capabilities and scale fit in well with Armada, unlike say, the Interdictor, or the SSD respectively

:)

I'm in the same vein as some of our posters here.

1 ISD, 1 MC80.

If they release the Winged Libery Variant, I'll get that.

I'll hold off on the 2nd ISD until I can gauge the first ISD's performance on the tabletop.

Definitely keeping my eyes open for an Immobiliser 418 or Interdictor Star Destroyer. :)

This Tector SD that you're all talking about.

Does it have increased armament too?

In Battlefleet Gothic the Chaos side had a Grand Cruiser that was slow, had a helluva-lota firepower and 25% more armour over standard cruiser hulls.

The purpose of this class of ship was to sit right in the middle of the enemy fleet, throwing out an obscene amount of firepower at whatever was in range while tanking like mad. It was also one of the few Chaos ships equipped with torpedoes - heck a very disruptive vessel in it's own right.

Is the Tector something like this? :)

Edit: Just remembered that this guy had 10 Hull over battlecruiser/cruisers which had 8 Hull. The big battleships had 14 Hull!

Edited by Alpha Xg1

I'll get however many can be fielded in a 400 point match, regardless of the impracticality of doing so. I'm betting that'll mean 2-3 of each. I'm not sure the ISD will be much more then 140 or so, with the MC80 being less then that by a little.That approaches double the cost of the VSD for better stats, but less shots/commands. I could be wrong, but regardless, I am crazy curious to see their cost.