Sign in to follow this  
Desslok

Stupid boat! BE FASTER!

Just means that unfortunately there won't be any May the 4th & Destiny beginner game like we were really hoping. If its on the boat now that means we might not see it in Australia until late this month or even next month...

I love the FFG stuff it just seems they miss some great Star Wars opportunities due to release dates being slightly after the event. 

I love the FFG stuff it just seems they miss some great Star Wars opportunities due to release dates being slightly after the event. 

Unfortunately, shipping times are something out their control.

They can aim for products to come out on or around May the 4th, but the slightest delay at the printers or while it's on the boat can throw those plans completely out of whack.

Unfortunately, shipping times are something out their control.

They can aim for products to come out on or around May the 4th, but the slightest delay at the printers or while it's on the boat can throw those plans completely out of whack.

Believe me I do understand this, I deal with this everyday as a Project Manager in the Construction industry but most companies should and do have an idea on manufacturing and shipping timeframes.

It's not a really a criticism on their choices (as I stated - I love FFG stuff, they are hands down my favourite Gaming company -just check my crippled bank balance!) but more a rambling that with May the 4th becoming more and more of an event to look forward to by Star Wars fans every year it would have been nice to celebrate this with some Gaming. It just seems like a bit of a missed opportunity to have made it into a gaming event, maybe draw more people into the hobby. If any year were the year for it, it would be this one!

Edited by Ebonwarlock

Well, a new preview article went up today.  So perhaps that means the Beginner Box is that much closer to reaching shelves?

I'd hope so. Half the time new previews go up when shipping/production moves forward a step, so hopefully it switches to "Shipping Now" in the next couple days.

OK, confession time. I've been trying to get a coworker to give the system a shot, so I told him the beginner box featuring lightsabers and force powers was coming soon. He was really interested, and he's been looking forward to it ever since. However, whenever I plan things, stuff always manages to go inexplicably wrong. I just have terrible luck. So, if you're wondering why this has been on the boat for a full month and a half now, I'm pretty sure it's my fault. Sorry about that.

Next time, I'll try to slow down an Armada shipment instead.