Sign in to follow this  
Enquiringnewt

Official; No Wave 1 Armada @ early May

Mocking the views of others with ridicule does not make you right. It just shows immaturity and an inability to discuss an issue.

Which is exactly what redpriest did though, he mocked the view of the dock workers with ridicule. Hypocritical much?

If you read what I said, you and Seismic will note that it was a general comment. You will notice that the comment in question was seperate from the response to Red's idea. Neither Seismic nor Red was called out specifically as it was a general comment meant for both. Both had points to make and both could have made them better.

So, the comment stands, with the caveat for the you and Seismic: be sure you fully understand a comment before casting aspursions. Again, general advice I think we would all be wise to follow.

Have a nice day!

Well, you should probably consider the context of what your comment on immaturity, since it was literally sandwiched between two comments about the dockworker's "strike" being a problem. Didn't do a great job of setting it apart from the rest of your ideas :)

I thought the meaning was clear. It was a seperate line. That usually marks the begining of a new, if related, idea in writing. The comment was a new idea related to all that had come before it. As the Armada crowd seems to be at the high end of the spectrum, I didn't think I needed to do more. I will note your thought for the future though. Perhaps I spend too much time doing academic writing lately.

Hum. Now the opening crawl to The Phantom Menace makes sense:

Turmoil has engulfed the Galactic Republic (the gaming community). The taxation of trade routes to outlying star systems (the USA) is in dispute.

Hoping to resolve the matter with a blockade of deadly battleships (dockworkers), the greedy Trade Federation (longshoreman Union) stopped all shipping to the small planet of Naboo (FFG).

While the congress of the Republic (FFG forum members) endlessly debates this alarming chain of events, the Supreme Chancellor (Christian T. Petersen) has secretly dispatched two Jedi Knights (???), the guardians of peace and justice in the galaxy, to settle the conflict....

Aww come on guys!

Take it easy ehy?

How this thread broke down into a port debate...don't we have a dedicated thread for that?

This thread was about our Newt, the one that always asks questions on our collective behalf for our benefit!

Do not sully his thread! Let's keep the communication lines clear for updates! Thanks again Newt!! :lol:

...besides, we don't even know how many Bothans perished over this information. (Probably heaps!)

Yeah not looking forward to that for my cat :(

Going to have to prepare a big Shatner "Of all the souls I've known, hers was the most...fluffy."

*cue meowmix on bagpipes*

I miss her desperately.

I've created a little tribute here for her.

Edited by Deathseed

"Oh man, my union dues increased, I better go on strike to get a raise so I can pay more of my salary to the union."

Yet another union victory!

Fight the man...

http://www.americanshipper.com/Main/News/NEWS_FLASH_LALong_Beach_port_truckers_plan_strike_60086.aspx?taxonomy=Labor

Haven't seen what the outcome of this has been, but could be devastating not only for the game, but for the two largest ports on the West Coast. Absolutely crazy innit? Here's hoping for the best and that the already behind docks won't be put further back.

well... Armada had a good run, it was fun, its just a shame it never got a chance.

Hows imperial assault?

Been playing a lot of imperial assault. I love it. I also had no experience with board game dungeon crawlers so can't how it stacks up to other games.

Why does it seem like the Tea Partiers always have to hijack everything no matter what your trying to talk about. Go post on fox news or Rush Limbaugh's web sight. Please keep Star wars for Star wars topics and fiction.

moffmalthus is right. Even though I also said something too, though I am more of a middle of the road guy, we should drop it. If you have strong views on the subject find a forum for it, we do not need to start arguments over political views. Especially now when the political view points have become so toxically extreme that having a civil discussion on the internet is impossible. Heck, I even miss the days of how the political parties argued in the 80's and 90's. At least then when we disagreed we didn't try to rip each other's throats out, we argued yes but we still found common ground to keep our country going.

We all know this and should move on, we will never agree 100% but that does not mean we can't get along.

So FFG please get wave 1 out before we tear ourselves apart.

Edited by Beatty

Why does it seem like the Tea Partiers always have to hijack everything no matter what your trying to talk about. Go post on fox news or Rush Limbaugh's web sight. Please keep Star wars for Star wars topics and fiction.

Actually, you are the one who brought up party politics. Being pro or con union and strike does indicate party affiliation. That you want to blame Tea Partiers says more about you than anything else. Having said that, your bigger point to "Stay on target, stay on target!" is well received.

Lol...

Might want to see who first brought up the unions.... He most certainly isn't a tea partier.

I guess your post was a Star Wars post about Star Wars too eh? No? Oh that's right, you're exempt from your own request.

But then again, seems like your complaint is when it's a post that is against your political beliefs. I notice you're not referencing the guy who is sad about losing his cat making posts...

How about all just drop it or start a thread somewhere else to endlessly debate your bipartisan political system. 

Yay new ships. I've got a Victory, two Gladiators and one Fighter pack on order. Think I want another fighter pack and maybe an Assault Frigate for the extra Enhanced Armament upgrade and new option for my otherwise meaner Rebel scum fleet. 

moffmalthus is right. Even though I also said something too, though I am more of a middle of the road guy, we should drop it. If you have strong views on the subject find a forum for it, we do not need to start arguments over political views. Especially now when the political view points have become so toxically extreme that having a civil discussion on the internet is impossible. Heck, I even miss the days of how the political parties argued in the 80's and 90's. At least then when we disagreed we didn't try to rip each other's throats out, we argued yes but we still found common ground to keep our country going

I'll agree only insofar as FFG is more likely to make this thread disappear if we don't hold our tongues.

It seems to me that if we limit our debates to political fora, we are highlighting what makes us different from one another. Also political fora tend to be echo chambers of one side or another. In a place like this, we are talking to one another in the context of something that draws us together and highlights our common interests and fascinations. I think we need more of that, not less.

Mocking the views of others with ridicule does not make you right. It just shows immaturity and an inability to discuss an issue.

Which is exactly what redpriest did though, he mocked the view of the dock workers with ridicule. Hypocritical much?

Yes, dispite my love for playing the bad guys in games, I will openly ridicule any tyrannical political engine that threatens liberty. 

You're right. Down with the Rebellion!

[seriously, the funny thing is that both the left and the right like to construct themselves as the underdogs in a fight against 'the man', and to construct the other as tools of 'the man'.]

I'm curious to see how the meta shakes out, before i commit to doubling up on anything. Will more fighters or more expensive upgrades be the way to do it. I'm willing to save my money, and take some losses until we figure that out what I need to double up on

Again, none of us are Gungans.

...Let us rejoice and be glad.

Anyway, it's been said people care less about what happens to them than how it happens to them. If FFG had a larger forum presence or at least released a minor article that simply acknowledged these delays -- instead of allowing them to ferment blindly -- would go a long way.

What would be super cool but would never happen (this is total customer dreaming) is if you could produce a preorder receipt for such delays and get a promo card (like the alt artwork cards for tournaments) or something that was printed in-house. It wouldn't have to be every time a delay happened since life happens but for the occasional big wrench in the works like this it would be neat. Even if everybody had the same one or some randomized one, people would slosh about how thoughtful they are just like they do (rightly) with their customer service. But that's totally me getting carried away.

TL;DR

None of us are Gungans so don't act like a Bothan because they aren't the Trade Federation.

Lol...

Might want to see who first brought up the unions.... He most certainly isn't a tea partier.

I guess your post was a Star Wars post about Star Wars too eh? No? Oh that's right, you're exempt from your own request.

But then again, seems like your complaint is when it's a post that is against your political beliefs. I notice you're not referencing the guy who is sad about losing his cat making posts...

Dude, you are getting personal and even though I was the one who first mentioned the issue (if you look at my post I wasn't taking one side or the other either) and I regret it becuase I forgot it is the internet. You know that medium that brings the worst out of us.

So drop it and don't even mention Deathseed's situation even in context, he is going through a lot and deserves better.

So drop it. The rest of us are.

Edited by Beatty

Lol...

Dude, you are getting personal and even though I was the one who first mentioned the issue (if you look at my post I wasn't taking one side or the other either) and I regret it becuase I forgot it is the internet. You know that medium that brings the worst out of us.

So drop it and don't even mention Deathseed's situation even in context, he is going through a lot and deserves better.

So drop it. The rest of us are.

I posted yesterday and haven't responded since--so it was dropped, until you decided to resurrect it.

As far as telling me to drop it, please follow your own advice before deigning to pass it out to others.

Regarding deathseed, consider the point.  It had nothing to do with what he is going through at all.  It has everything to do with what moffmalthus decided was or wasn't "on topic".  Oddly enough, the only thing he considered to be worthy of "off topic" complaint was that which didn't fit within his political beliefs. 

Finally, so as not to let this get out of hand, if you have any more you'd like to say to me, please send it through PM so as not to drag this thread down any further.

Edited by Reiryc

Hello Armada forum community-

This post has been locked because it has spiraled down into political debate. Political viewpoints have no place on our forum – please keep the focus on the game and feel free to continue productive conversation elsewhere.

Thanks!

FFG Forum Moderator