Sign in to follow this  
Enquiringnewt

Official; No Wave 1 Armada @ early May

I'm sorry, but blaming FFG for this situation is just nonsense.

Is anyone blaming FFG? Not that I've seen. We're justifiably upset about the delay but I don't see anyone blaming FFG for it.

There were a couple of posters above who were insinuating that FFG caused this and were upset that they did not release Wave 1 along with the Core set.

As for me, I have X-Wng and Imperial Assault and the Core set even to tide me over for now....to be honest, I probably really won't get into Armada until Wave 2 is out.  I want my ISD and MC80  :D

@Deathseed. When I was 42 and anyone asked me how old I was I told them I was the answer to life, the universe and everything. For one year I realized I was not only the most important person but also the center of the Universe itself. And to think some would go mad or just out right die. Pardon me for a second, I have some white mice stareing at me.

Just so happens I'm 42 right now. You've just put my significance in universal perspective. If you'll pardon me, I think I'll go invent a planet and name it after my cat.

Wait, the bloody cat?

THE CAT?

EDIT: Now I'm thinking about the cat from Boondocks Saints. Hoo boy.

Actually she just died tonight at midnight CST.

I'm pretty busted up about it. I'll probably be MIA for a while.

I'm a disabled vet, and she was the closest thing I've ever had to a daughter, a furry kitty daughter that was always there with me through thick and thin.

R.I.P. Bubble, 4/25/15

Son of a... Wave one is desperately needed! I think FFG is doing this to force me to get a second starter. I... must... RESIST! Ah man, just placed my order with Amazon.

BTW,this is the reason for the delay, people bought HOOK, LINE,and....SINKER.

Edited by Salex215

@Deathseed. When I was 42 and anyone asked me how old I was I told them I was the answer to life, the universe and everything. For one year I realized I was not only the most important person but also the center of the Universe itself. And to think some would go mad or just out right die. Pardon me for a second, I have some white mice stareing at me.

Just so happens I'm 42 right now. You've just put my significance in universal perspective. If you'll pardon me, I think I'll go invent a planet and name it after my cat.

Wait, the bloody cat?

THE CAT?

EDIT: Now I'm thinking about the cat from Boondocks Saints. Hoo boy.

Actually she just died tonight at midnight CST.

I'm pretty busted up about it. I'll probably be MIA for a while.

I'm a disabled vet, and she was the closest thing I've ever had to a daughter, a furry kitty daughter that was always there with me through thick and thin.

R.I.P. Bubble, 4/25/15

Ah, man. Sorry to hear that. Just another username but let me know if there is anything I can do?

My sincerest condolences.

EDIT: And not to treat your loss lightly, but I just have to say that I would totally want to live on a planet named Bubble.

Thanks.

Nothing will ever fill the hole her loss leaves in me. She was the sweetest, most gentle, affectionate little life I shared my life with and now she's gone. The already small, and largely hollow life I lead is made that much more empty. She was the one good thing I kept from a failed and bitter marriage of 14 years. Now that too is gone.

I'll continue on, but diminished.

Edited by Deathseed

For teh people losing interest: Get some imagination and try some thing different. Not every game has to be 180 points. You could for example play a game where your Nebulon B's have to race around the edges of a map with each player having the ability to move a obstacle after they have moved their ship. Or each player has to set and reveal their movement tool under the table and move like in X-Wing.

My sincerest condolences.

EDIT: And not to treat your loss lightly, but I just have to say that I would totally want to live on a planet named Bubble.

Thanks.

Nothing will ever fill the hole her loss leaves in me. She was the sweetest, most gentle, affectionate little life I shared my life with and now she's gone. The already small, and largely hollow life I lead is made that much more empty. She was the one good thing I kept from a failed and bitter marriage of 14 years. Now that too is gone.

I'll continue on, but diminished.

Sorry to hear about your loss. This is the hardest part about pets .

(Well yes, the litter box is a close second)

http://www.americanshipper.com/Main/News/NEWS_FLASH_LALong_Beach_port_truckers_plan_strike_60086.aspx?taxonomy=Labor

Haven't seen what the outcome of this has been, but could be devastating not only for the game, but for the two largest ports on the West Coast. Absolutely crazy innit? Here's hoping for the best and that the already behind docks won't be put further back. 

http://www.americanshipper.com/Main/News/NEWS_FLASH_LALong_Beach_port_truckers_plan_strike_60086.aspx?taxonomy=Labor

Haven't seen what the outcome of this has been, but could be devastating not only for the game, but for the two largest ports on the West Coast. Absolutely crazy innit? Here's hoping for the best and that the already behind docks won't be put further back. 

well... Armada had a good run, it was fun, its just a shame it never got a chance.

Hows imperial assault?

"Oh man, my union dues increased, I better go on strike to get a raise so I can pay more of my salary to the union." 

lol

"ugh, people trying to negotiate their working conditions, where are my plastic spaceships"

Anyone got a source for the "Wave 1 was delayed by the strike"? because it wasn't "on the boat" until the after strike was over for a couple weeks, and the core was practically in our hands

"Oh man, my union dues increased, I better go on strike to get a raise so I can pay more of my salary to the union."

lol

"ugh, people trying to negotiate their working conditions, where are my plastic spaceships"

As a former union member and rep, and a current historian who has studied unions, including the west coast shipping unions, Redpriest is not wrong. Exagerating a little, perhaps, but not wrong. Generally speaking unions have become the monsters they once fought against.

And it really is more than the plastic ships. Its about a national economy.

Mocking the views of others with ridicule does not make you right. It just shows immaturity and an inability to discuss an issue.

And as for the source you requested. Most articles and reports, both in and out of the industry, written at the time the dockworker strike ended agreed it would be months untill the backlog was cleared.

Have a nice day!

Edited by Thalomen

"Oh man, my union dues increased, I better go on strike to get a raise so I can pay more of my salary to the union."

lol

As a former union member and rep, and a current historian who has studied unions, including the west coast shipping unions, Redpriest is not wrong. Exagerating a little, perhaps, but not wrong. Generally speaking unions have become the monsters they once fought against.

And it really is more than the plastic ships. Its about a national economy.

Mocking the views of others with ridicule does not make you right. It just shows immaturity and an inability to discuss an issue.

And as for the source you requested. Most articles and reports, both in and out of the industry, written at the time the dockworker strike ended agreed it would be months untill the backlog was cleared.

Have a nice day!

"immaturity" in my response to a guy insulting a group that's not even here to respond. Truly the height of discourse

Also, my point about the stuff not even being on the boat until after the slowdown happened still stands. It wasn't going to get here on "time" whatever "time" was supposed to be

Which is exactly what redpriest did though, he mocked the view of the dock workers with ridicule. Hypocritical much?

Which is exactly what redpriest did though, he mocked the view of the dock workers with ridicule. Hypocritical much?

If you read what I said, you and Seismic will note that it was a general comment. You will notice that the comment in question was seperate from the response to Red's idea. Neither Seismic nor Red was called out specifically as it was a general comment meant for both. Both had points to make and both could have made them better.

So, the comment stands, with the caveat for the you and Seismic: be sure you fully understand a comment before casting aspursions. Again, general advice I think we would all be wise to follow.

Have a nice day!

Edited by Thalomen

Yes, dispite my love for playing the bad guys in games, I will openly ridicule any tyrannical political engine that threatens liberty. 

If you read what I said, you and Seismic will note that it was a general comment. You will notice that the comment in question was seperate from the response to Red's idea. Neither Seismic nor Red was called out specifically as it was a general comment meant for both. Both had points to make and both could have made them better.

So, the comment stands, with the caveat for the you and Seismic: be sure you fully understand a comment before casting aspursions. Again, general advice I think we would all be wise to follow.

Have a nice day!

Well, you should probably consider the context of what your comment on immaturity, since it was literally sandwiched between two comments about the dockworker's "strike" being a problem. Didn't do a great job of setting it apart from the rest of your ideas :)