Sign in to follow this  
Enquiringnewt

Official; No Wave 1 Armada @ early May

Honestly, at this point I wish they'd just waited to release the Core. I know, I know they wanted it released in Q1, but this is just beyond frustrating at this point and I think really will slow the game down in adopters.

It should really pick up once Wave 2 hits, but still. Not that promising a start.

I don't think a delay will hurt the game at all. the already existing fans of armada, while disgruntled about the delay, won't stop playing bc of it. and the potential players that don't play the game have no vested interest in having wave 1 arrive early. new players can join the game at any stage. they might even enjoy it more if they discover the game after a wave or 2 have been released as they will have more substance to play with. 

also, the game is still very new and I know that I am still learning how to play the game with efficient strategies, etc (probably most everyone is). so having a little more time to refine our skills won't hurt us. 

with that said, i will definitely adding some more ships to my fleet to dominate with!! 

I look at it this way: we won't have to wait long after Wave 1 for Wave 2 to drop. And after seeing the ISD in person (along with Home One) it will be well worth the wait. Although, to be honest, the ISD has nothing on the jaw-dropping Imperial Raider model for x-wing...even if seeing that and then seeing it's diminutive Armada version next to thr ISD really put things in perspective.

Bet it's sat in distribution in Europe already and I selfishly wish they would just let us get our hands on it now rather than wait for a world wide release...

Can't decide if that would be a good thing because it would generate hype and excitement or a bad because of ill feeling to those parts of the world that could not get it

Yeah honestly I was considering waiting 2 more weeks then another week for shipping to get wave 1 together but with no idea really when they will get here I'm done waiting.

But the core doesn't look that great

It looks so seriously asymmetrical.

Honestly, at this point I wish they'd just waited to release the Core. I know, I know they wanted it released in Q1, but this is just beyond frustrating at this point and I think really will slow the game down in adopters.

Are you kidding? Sure, I want Wave 1 as much as the next guy, but I'm having fun with the core set all the same.

My community (Portland Admirals FTW!) already has two tournaments coming up. They won't be what they could be with more ships, but they'll still be a good time.

I am kind of glad! going on holiday for two weeks next week and i would have had to look at all your bat reps and lovely painted fighters ;)! FFG i have an idea! how about anyone who sends in their armada proof of purchase gets all the upgrade cards from wave 1? Maybe on crappy card and not legal from wave 1. I would buy a 2nd core from my

flgs.

This flgs hasn't sold a single copy. the game is dead before its begun!

Edited by Corver

Its a bummer for everybody involved including ffg i think. maybe newt is the an official using the incognito on internal acknowledgment of ffg so he can work arround the otherwise required professional form of a whole news article. i think they also realy dislike theire plans beeing delayed.

Edited by madtulip

As dissapointing as it is I can painfully keep waiting. However I hope this doesn't hurt the game itself with all these delays. I can see the more impatient people either losing interest or giving up and going to X-Wing or something. I'd hate to see this game take a hit before it can even really get anywhere. I'll probably have a hard time finding games with other people as it is, I'd prefer it not to be harder.

Core set is still only a few weeks old so I'm okay with this. 

The work slowdown on the docks (it was never a strike) was expected to take several months to be able to clear up the backlog and have an impact for quite a while. 

As most of us were expecting wave 1 the first week in May this is really only a two or three week delay. I'm sure the game will survive just fine. That being said I too have gotten tired of using the same three ships for the 30+ games I've played. I can't wait to add wave 1 as it's really going to change things up a great deal. 

Anyone who didn't think it would be the last possible week in May was probably a bit too hopeful.  It's a bit frustrating to be honest.  This release schedule will hopefully get firmed up after the port debacle, going forward.  Like all of you, I want the new toys too.

I am eagerly awaiting the new ships. That being said, I am kind of done playing Core Set or even double core set matches.

I will use that free time playing other things I guess. Once the Wave 1 stuff gets in, it really is going to be more exciting to play the game.

Well, look at it this way guys... if Wave 2 is still on target for July, then that's only a two-month wait between wave 1 and 2 releases. Thats almost attack-wing level of content in that short amount of time!

^^ Very positive thinking sir.

this is going to suck.  Planning on a 2.5 hour trip to another FGS so I can use some gift certificates and pre-order discounts on May 9th.  Now i might have to do it again.

The news sucks, but there's nothing we can do. It's certainly not FFG's fault given how long it *normally* takes to ship items by boat. All they can do is hope for the best, which is all we can do also.

That being said, they did put out the Core box earlier, to allow players to become familiar with the system, and they ALSO published the stats on the Wave 1 expansion ships, titles, upgrades, and commanders, so players can already pre-plan builds. Gamers love theorycrafting, so it IS a boon from them.

So let's not starting throwing blame around, and simply accept the bad news and be patient. It's only delayed by a month here ... it could also just have never shown up.

Are you kidding? Sure, I want Wave 1 as much as the next guy, but I'm having fun with the core set all the same.

This.  Yes, I want Wave 1 in my grubby hands yesterday, but the Core Set is still fun, and I will be getting a second copy, if only to tide me over until next month.