Sign in to follow this  
SniperSnake28

Nashtah Pup Images?

Does anyone have a good photo of the Nashtah Pup? Google is not helping me this time. I want to do a repaint of a Z-95 for when the Hound's Tooth comes out.

I second this request for my possible first repaint of X-Wing Miniatures.

I've found a homebrew card, using two different images of the same Z-95. I dunno how accurate it is, or if this is the Pup at all, but it's all I've been able to find.
Upon looking closer, it seems it's just a shop job. Same ship pic, just flipped. Not even a very good shop, for that matter...look at those stars...
Z-95-Headhunter-Bossk-amp-title.png

Edited by UnfairBanana

The picture on the card in the preview article is very small, but it looks like it has a red nose cone.

Yeah... I might have to wait until we get some good images of that card. It could be that FFG's art department just invented the color scheme.

While the modeling is a bit wrong, something like the one posted above or this one would be close (maybe a bit more roughed up). For the following reasons;

- being a scum bounty hunter, he'd likely buy a used, battered, battle damaged ship

- it would likely not have much in the way of markings as its an escape vehicle. wouldn't want to stand out

- a Trandoshan wouldn't care about flash/flare.

33d33f62.png

For a bit of pride, their symbol seems fairly easy to replicate..

180px-Trandoshan_logo.svg.png

Sorry for the thread necro, but really interested in doing this myself. Are there any comics/novels out there that it has appeared in?

I agree waiting for a good look at the FFG card is probably the most realistic option. I'm fine if it's just a colour scheme they've made up, gives me something to try replicate.

While the modeling is a bit wrong, something like the one posted above or this one would be close (maybe a bit more roughed up). For the following reasons;

- being a scum bounty hunter, he'd likely buy a used, battered, battle damaged ship

- it would likely not have much in the way of markings as its an escape vehicle. wouldn't want to stand out

- a Trandoshan wouldn't care about flash/flare.

33d33f62.png

For a bit of pride, their symbol seems fairly easy to replicate..

180px-Trandoshan_logo.svg.png

I don't want to argue too much, but if I'm going to go through _that_ much effort for an escape vehicle, I'd probably make sure it's in top shape.

From the (quite small) picture available, the Z-95 shares the same brown hull as the "Hound's Tooth" itself, and comes with a red front part that matches a red section on the HT. So to match colours ones has to see the HT in the flesh - by which point you also have the card with the artwork in hand. Any repaint previous to this will most likely be off the mark.

Sorry for the thread necro, but really interested in doing this myself. Are there any comics/novels out there that it has appeared in?

I agree waiting for a good look at the FFG card is probably the most realistic option. I'm fine if it's just a colour scheme they've made up, gives me something to try replicate.

I don't believe it's every been shown graphically in color.

Actually, this is from Star Wars Gamer 7.

That Red and grey thing at the back is the Pup. AFAIK, this is the only graphical representation it has ever had. It was said to be a Z95 in this article, though it did say, "treat as a two-person Z95."

Where did its wings go?!

I assume there's something in that SWGamer about the wings folding for storage?  Interesting.  In looking at the Tooth model I'd wondered how that was supposed to work.

Thanks for the source!

It's in the shadows of the empire comic too. Bossk, zuckas, 4-LOM, and a couple ill-fated red shirts use it to dock with a crippled Slave 1.

As I recall, it looked kinda like a semi truck mixed with a y-wing. A big, blocky cab with long engines like the Y.

That Red and grey thing at the back is the Pup. AFAIK, this is the only graphical representation it has ever had. It was said to be a Z95 in this article, though it did say, "treat as a two-person Z95."

Where did its wings go?!

I assume there's something in that SWGamer about the wings folding for storage?  Interesting.  In looking at the Tooth model I'd wondered how that was supposed to work.

Thanks for the source!

I think he's chopped it up quite a bit to fit in the 'Tooth.

Where did its wings go?!

Thanks for the source!

I think he's chopped it up quite a bit to fit in the 'Tooth.

And how does that work as a method to escape immediate destruction? "Please, dear attackers, I need a moment to attach the wings to my Z-95, could you cease fire for a minute?" ... I don't think so.

I guess that picture did not have this aspect in mind though. And the ship in there does not look like a Z-95 anyway.

As for the "FFG version": I think the Z-95 is simply rotated by 90° and neatly  stored inside the Hound's Tooth. In case of emergency: blast of the outer hull part where the Z-95 is stored, and off you go.

Why does a craft built for space flight need wings in the first place? It could look like a parallelogram and it would still fly the same.

It's modified to carry two but the life support isn't upgraded so you have limited time to get to a world with a breathable atmo.

I've found a homebrew card, using two different images of the same Z-95. I dunno how accurate it is, or if this is the Pup at all, but it's all I've been able to find.

Upon looking closer, it seems it's just a shop job. Same ship pic, just flipped. Not even a very good shop, for that matter...look at those stars...

Z-95-Headhunter-Bossk-amp-title.png

The image is from the Edge of the Empire core rulebook, Headhunter description. Could be the Nastah Pup, but I doubt it.

Why does a craft built for space flight need wings in the first place? It could look like a parallelogram and it would still fly the same.

Not saying a space ship NEEDS wings, but.. Spreading out a body's mass increases its moment of inertia and thus alters its maneuvering qualities. But I'm not in the habit of speculating about Star Wars physics so you may feel free to ignore what I just said.