Sign in to follow this  
Lord Ashram

Are you a...

So, having read a lot of posts here, and in other wargaming circles, I wanted to ask...

As you an unlimited collector?  Are you the type whose collection grows and grows and grows, often gleefully out of control?

Or are you a limited collector?  Do you have a set plan and generally stick to it?

Which type of collector are you?

With minis so far i sticked to the rule that i have to paint 80% of a certain game before i buy more expansions. That usualy keeps me from buying to much and motivates me to paint.

Also if you got the time invested to paint 80% i think you got enough time out of it for the price.

This is sadly not applicable to armada for the squadrons beeing to few of an obstacle.

Edited by madtulip

Negative, I am a meat popsicle.

do you mean Meatbag?

Nope, and your name sounds tasty!

Meatbag was a phrase made popular by the assassination droid HK-47 in the KOTOR series.  feel free to read that in the most nasally voice you can.

I'm un unlimited collector, that like giant fleet battles, that need it's toys NOW, and that for now is going on a limited budget, so snif, kind of depressed.

Negative, I am a meat popsicle.

do you mean Meatbag?

Nope, and your name sounds tasty!

Meatbag was a phrase made popular by the assassination droid HK-47 in the KOTOR series.  feel free to read that in the most nasally voice you can.

Oh I know, I played them. And SWTOR.

I was making sure my reference was recognized.

In the case where I have no idea what will be fun (such as now), I'm a "get one of everything and hope something sticks" kinda guy

(glues an assault frigate to fickle's nose)

*honk honk*

*Victory Destroyer explodes in the distance*

Incidentally, you glue an AF to someone's nose and they become a clown. You glue a star destroyer and they become Pinocchio.

Edited by ficklegreendice

As far as Armada goes, I'll buy enough of each to fit a list while gearing towards massive 1000 Point Battles. I think I may lose my lid when the ISD comes out as I do not know how many of those I'll end up buying yet.

3 of each ship/squadron pack... Except the rogue/scoundrel/scum pack, just one of those for completion's sake. Just wish wave 2 was a little further distance as to better raise the capital to purchase it, alas ramen it is.

Always wanted a SW capital ship miniature game, think it's going to do well, but I am ensuring I have enough to field a campaign or giant MFing space battle even if no waves past 2 are released.

I dont want to own enough to pull this off, but.....

I would love to see a 5v5 2000pt game at a convention I am attending.  each table a new mission, each fleet its own commander, characters across all 5 players.  and then have 1 person be the over all fleet commander per side.  Re-work the deployment a bit, so do you double stack one 6x3 to crush an opponent and risk them just dominating the other 6x3?

I'm a buy one of everything I like kinda guy, which FFG takes advantage of by sticking cards I want in packs I don't, meaning I don't stick to my initial plan so good.

Bad news is, that means I end up with ships I will never play just for cards I will use, so I might need to sell ships without upgrade cards for people looking to play 1000 point fleets.