Sign in to follow this  
FrozenFlesh

Imperial SD faster than Victory SD?

We don't know for sure the ISD is under 100 points based on a very blurry picture. Until a better preview is released we simply won't know.

And the picture might not even be of the final product. Let's chill out on the points/balance whining until...I don't know, can we at least wait until we actually know how much it will cost?

We don't know for sure the ISD is under 100 points based on a very blurry picture. Until a better preview is released we simply won't know.

And the picture might not even be of the final product. Let's chill out on the points/balance whining until...I don't know, can we at least wait until we actually know how much it will cost?

Per internet quide lines and regulations, no. PANIC! Edited by Indomitable

And the picture might not even be of the final product. Let's chill out on the points/balance whining until...I don't know, can we at least wait until we actually know how much it will cost?

Honestly I think that was started by me from trying to gauge how many digits there were. I was just guessing from the picture which is very very hard to read, so no we do not know the cost of the ISD yet.

That said I am not sure why some players find the VSD's lacking when from the reports coming in and from personal experience the VSD II is the best ship in the game and worth every point. And I am a Rebel player (even though I fly for both sides.) saying this and I want my Rebels to be great.

That said I am not sure why some players find the VSD's lacking when from the reports coming in and from personal experience the VSD II is the best ship in the game and worth every point. And I am a Rebel player (even though I fly for both sides.) saying this and I want my Rebels to be great.

You know that if you show up to the tournament flying Imperial, I won't let you live it down. :P   Neither will Benn Gleck or Prop Agandist.

You know that if you show up to the tournament flying Imperial, I won't let you live it down. :P Neither will Benn Gleck or Prop Agandist.

Well even Han Solo once worked for the Empire, then he got smart. (Or he was adopted by Chewbacca. Not sure how the Human Wookie relationships work but Wookies do live longer than their Human companions.)

I also wouldn't blame you, Benn Gleckon the other hand......

Edited by Beatty

Actually I think the neb b is the best ship in the core game. I love the empire but I'm not a big fan of either victory. They are slow and all the firepower is stacked on the forward arc. There way too easy to flank and two rebel ships ganging up on a vic can take it out more often than not.

Really, would love to hear you expound on your reasons for thinking the neb is the best ship in the core set.

Most rebel players would say it is the corvette , with its ability to get into the rear of the Victory a turn earlier and definitely take up residence therein.

Although i must say that i find my nebulons also do not have that much trouble jamming their front into the Victorys rear end by turn 5.

Hmmm... Well I have seen and heard about the Empire doing well enough that they are not outmatched by any means. I just find it funny that 3 weeks ago when everyone was talking about how Awsome the VSD was going to be compared to the Rebels wave 1 ships I was explaining how the Rebels have the speed to out flank a VSD and will give it a run for its money.

Now I feel I am again on the other side of the argument. :P

I agree that the Rebels can absolutely out flank a VSD if the Empire player doesn't respect the smaller ship's abilities but in the end it comes down to the tactics used more than the ships in question.

In the end I can see that FFG did a good job balancing the factions well when the discussion of which faction has the better ship goes back and forth. I also think it depends on some other factors like Missions, if you are already on a 3x6 and which basic tactics are employed. I love this about the game so far.

Edited by Beatty

Wow ... VSDs really are outdated compared to ISDs

With a speed of 3 ISDs could even flank, while VSDs are holding the line ^^

...and the rest of the fleet composed of two TIE Cheerleaders is chanting: Go get them, Daggers!

In the end I can see that FFG did a good job balancing the factions well when the discussion of which faction has the better ship goes back and forth.

Best way to tell if a game is balanced... If both sides are considered to be both OP'ed by different people.

See it in X-Wing all the time. 'Rebels are the Dev's favorites' 'Empire has too many OP'ed ships' Of course this tends to vary from wave to wave, but looking at the stats for all the tournaments played it's pretty close to 50/50 faction wise. In my experience S&V also works pretty well, so I expect it to become a 3 way split.

I say that all, because it's proof FFG knows how to balance a game fairly well, and both Armada and Imperial Assault seem to have followed suit.