Sign in to follow this  
R22

Ship Ratios (Again..): Wave 2

My usual question. I like to buy ships in proportion to their in-universe availability so that I'm forced to field fleets reflective of a factions general supply ("57 MC80s incoming sir!").

Right now I'm at:

2 Neb-B

3 CR90's

2VSD

1GSD

Pretty sure I'm skipping the Rebel Assault MkII -- it's looks hideous and isn't an easily recognizable part of the Rebel fleet. I'm allowing the GSD even though I have similar complaints so the Imps will have more than one ship to use.

But what are the ship ratios for wave 2? Any idea for the MC30s?

Raisers are new so who knows but I think I'll only get 2 since, by their "new" nature, you almost never hear about them in Imperial fleets.

I'm thinking 1:1 for the MC80 and ISD. Not a lot of room for multiples of those in a list. But gosh the MC80 looks kinda small next to the ISD. Makes me want to get 2 even though it ought to be the Imps if anybody gets a second of these...

You might want to reconsider the Assault Frigates. I know they look odd, but the Rebels need them. By omitting them you're removing a lot of staying power from the Rebellion. Fragile Nebulons and ankle-biting CR-90s I don't think are going to be enough. Not in a Wave 1 environment.

Thing is, with the canon being re-set by LFL we don't know anything about the fleet-ship ratios. The Raiders have been introduced by FFG with the blessing of LFL, so for all we know they've replaced the now-legends Carrack cruisers in the new continuity. I find them suitable light ships for the Imperial Navy, at least in appearance.

I highly doubt AKs are going to be mandatory by any stretch of the imagination. They'll probably be far easier to utilize correctly than the current offerings, but I have more faith in FFG to invent a balanced game (except for turrets). Mon Motha and the hilarious Neb titles should make the core ships a little easier to get a grasp on.

I don't understand why people don't like the look of the AF, though, its a nice looking lil vessel :(

Edited by ficklegreendice

You might want to reconsider the Assault Frigates. I know they look odd, but the Rebels need them. By omitting them you're removing a lot of staying power from the Rebellion. Fragile Nebulons and ankle-biting CR-90s I don't think are going to be enough. Not in a Wave 1 environment.

Thing is, with the canon being re-set by LFL we don't know anything about the fleet-ship ratios. The Raiders have been introduced by FFG with the blessing of LFL, so for all we know they've replaced the now-legends Carrack cruisers in the new continuity. I find them suitable light ships for the Imperial Navy, at least in appearance.

For the time being, X-wing, Armada, IA are legends games and Raider is legends ship. I hope they will not add new ships or create a new game format- FA. I'd rather like to see old EU ships  then another Interceptor-SD hybrid  ;) . This isn't ugliest ship I'v ever seen but I'd prefer Dreadnought or Carrack. We have enought cosmic triangels. They're cool but in Galaxy are many shipbuilders and many ship conceptions.