Sign in to follow this  
amuller93

More weapon patter rules?

So as it is now, the weapon pattern rules are

1. boring

2. unblanced

3. to few

Do any of you know a housed ruled system for patterns?

i have been thinking of one but its just in the ide stage more on it later

I just don't really think I needed a random pattern generator. Guidelines/suggestions yes, RNG no.

I want a generator for things like solar systems, entire war fronts, logistical issues. Those are things where I'd like a random number generator to help me spark ideas. For a nonstandard pattern of weapon, I'd rather just put thought in to it if I was designing it -it should be achieving a specific effect if I've designed it- or have a general approach of 'players suggest a pro, gm suggest a con'

You want a lasgun that has full auto fire? So you guys want suppressing and over watch, like a tactical strike team. Sure, but what if we cut its range drastically? A lassmg.

You meant heavier than that? Cool, heavy lasgun, more heavy stubber than multilaser. but it needs to be braced like a heavy weapon. Or it chews through ammo even faster than normal. Or its unreliable.

But then, I kinda prefer "bolt pistol with a laser sight and silver inlays" over the 7 patterns of bolt pistol that Inquisitor had.

Allright, fixed some such rules for you. 

Here

To a large degree I moved pattern upgrades that worked in several categories so that they could be gained in several categories but I added a few new ones as well. It could easily be expanded upon if there is interest in that. These are just an expansion of the original though and just as with that it should be used with some modifications on the GMs part and plenty of imagination (i.e. think of why it gains that change and fix background around that). 

For an advanced system I would suggest different categories depending on weapon type (las, sp, bolt, etc) as it is hard to make general rules fitting all with one description.

Here is an example for creating las-weapon patterns that I made. It is made more for choosing yourself rather than randomizing but it was easy enough to add randomizing rules so I did.

Edited by Leogun_91

Allright, fixed some such rules for you. 

Here

To a large degree I moved pattern upgrades that worked in several categories so that they could be gained in several categories but I added a few new ones as well. It could easily be expanded upon if there is interest in that. These are just an expansion of the original though and just as with that it should be used with some modifications on the GMs part and plenty of imagination (i.e. think of why it gains that change and fix background around that). 

For an advanced system I would suggest different categories depending on weapon type (las, sp, bolt, etc) as it is hard to make general rules fitting all with one description.

Here is an example for creating las-weapon patterns that I made. It is made more for choosing yourself rather than randomizing but it was easy enough to add randomizing rules so I did.

Nice!!!