Sign in to follow this  
Lord Ashram

Please show up, Wave 1!

There is another thread on the forum where people say they received shipping notification from another merchant. We can only hope it is shipping so soon.

It's highly unlikely that FFG would forget to update their site and have all the product already in the merchants' hot little hands.

Neal at The Warstore just told me it's likely the wave 1 release is probably leaning more towards beginning of May rather than the end of this month. He usually gets new FFG stuff around 2 days before CSI and several days before MM. Now that I've paid for my pre-order it's going to seem like a long time no matter how long it takes. I hope he's wrong on his estimate. Either way the universe hates me and I won't get my stuff soon enough since I friggin love this game.

I got my shipping notification from Miniature Market yesterday - does anyone else use them? I don't want to get my hopes up too much since no one else is freaking out but it's got a tracking number and a few "package received" and "package departure" notifications.

Sounds like it might be coming in sooner than we thought!

Come on April 25th release! I want to say Wave 1 released n my birthday!

There is another thread on the forum where people say they received shipping notification from another merchant. We can only hope it is shipping so soon.

It's highly unlikely that FFG would forget to update their site and have all the product already in the merchants' hot little hands.

FFG has updated post shipping starting many a time. I wouldn't be surprised if the larger online retailers get shipments directly from the ports, and FFG waits until later in the process, after they've shipped orders, to actually update their site.

I don't know about you all, but it seems to me that the Upcoming page isn't all that inaccurate. I heard that Imperial Assault came in a bit earlier for the UK and/or Europe, but by-and-large, stuff comes in roundabout when we would expect it to based on the estimates given on upcoming page.

It looks like we got the update that Wave 1 was 'On the Boat' on March 13.The estimate on the timeline from China to FFG's warehouse or DC is 4-6 weeks. We're almost at the 6-week mark.

I tend to be a bit pessimistic, and figure on 8 weeks, but if you'll remember my Bets-on-the-release-date thread, I was two weeks too pessimistic. So, I'm guessing we'll be seeing Wave 1 move from the Boat to Shipping any day now.

Ventor: Dave from Good Games was actually showing another employee at GG Rockingham Armada last night. His VSD looked in trouble though, I wanted to watch but it was my rpg night so no dice.

There is also apparently a 300 point tournament in early may on up at Gamagori but Im unsure on that. I havnt actually had a game yet and 300 points sounds a little too unlikely until my Wave 1 stuff arives.

This Sunday eh? Sadly Im already booked for an rpg game otherwise Id turn up. Ive bought 2 starters (but am not going to buy anymore until I work out a good way to store them.)

Good to know there are other players in Perth.

So keen for wave 1, I'm in Australia, anyone know how long it usually takes Aussie retailers to start selling this stuff?

I like trying to support my local store rather than just order online - unless I can save myself a few weeks waiting! (I'll end up going into the store to get some extra stuff anyway for sure)

Move to Australia, then you can wait while the boat, that came from China, steams back the way it came to drop of your little bit of this addiction.

Over time you just get to the point where the mantra is "It gets here when it gets here."

I should feel better about this.  I should.  But I don't.  But if Wave 1 had arrived, I wouldn't have been available to add to this conversation.  I am willing lured by the Dark Side...tis true.

So keen for wave 1, I'm in Australia, anyone know how long it usually takes Aussie retailers to start selling this stuff?

I like trying to support my local store rather than just order online - unless I can save myself a few weeks waiting! (I'll end up going into the store to get some extra stuff anyway for sure)

Who is your local shop? PM me if you like.

But will it be here in time for my hoped for gaming weekend????? Come on HNN, inquiring minds want to know!

No, it will not.

Maybe if you would release your A-Wing and turn to the Dark Side, as it is quicker (more seductive)...

That's not true, that's IMPOSSIBLE!

But will it be here in time for my hoped for gaming weekend????? Come on HNN, inquiring minds want to know!

No, it will not.

Maybe if you would release your A-Wing and turn to the Dark Side, as it is quicker (more seductive)...

Search your feelings, you know Mikael is trying to fool you..... The Dark Side is code for lost with no GPS and can't find the Rebels.. Remember Hoth, the Empire's great moment to destroy the Rebel Alliance and in the end they were left holding Tauntaun Poo while the Rebels got away. Booyakasha. :D

Speaking of lost, I hope that Wave 1 is found soon. The forum seems on the edge of melting down.

Oh yeah, Fulcrum Lives.

Edited by Beatty

No, it will not.

Search your feelings, you know Mikael is trying to fool you..... The Dark Side is code for lost with no GPS and can't find the Rebels.. Remember Hoth, the Empire's great moment to destroy the Rebel Alliance and in the end they were left holding Tauntaun Poo while the Rebels got away. Booyakasha. :D

More rebel lies.

Let me set the record straight on Hoth.

It's true that Lord Vader's attempt to recover his long-lost son (after a violent religious fanatic kidnapped him) was thwarted by the rebellion's talent for running and hiding. If we had not been trying to prevent excessive casualties, we would have just bombarded the place with turbolasers once the deflector shield was taken down. But did we do that? No. All Vader wanted was his son back. That's why he was in the forefront of the recovery attempt.

Also, when he finally did catch up with his son's friends, he let them go as soon as his son was on Cloud City. (Okay, okay, there was that smuggler, but he was a drug trafficker and kind of had it coming.)

When he was finally reunited with his son, it wasn't easy. The boy had been brainwhashed by this bearded terrorists living in a hut in the desert. (Are we sure Kenobi's real name was not Osabi Bin Kenobi?) It took a little tough love, but before it was over, Luke realized that he had been lied to for all of his life. It's understandable that he would have some very conflicted feelings that he needed to sort things out.

(Thankfully he stopped making out with his sister. Crazy religious cults try to keep it in the family, and the Empire is trying to put a stop to that backwards way of life.)

All in all, that whole episode from Hoth to Bespin was painful but how could it really have gone any better given the trauma that Vader's family had suffered thanks to the Jedi?

Mikael, very much liked your post! Actually, the whole EP 4-6 story makes a lot more sense once you perceive the rebellion as the religious fanatics they always have been.. Seriously how can you brainwash a kid to kill his own father and make out with his sister and still being considered 'the good guys'? All this ineffective approach at Hoth, the complete inability to eradicate a tiny rebellion composed of fishy snackpeople, teddy bears and whatnot now makes sense.. They wanted to spare lives, as lowly as they may have been, they tried to convince as many living beings as possible of their wrongdoing to bring them back to the empires kind embracement! The empire had a clear, effective approach to ruling a galaxy, arguably a bit strict at some points, but I am sure Lord Vader always has been open towards any constructive proposal, if brought forward wholeheartedly! Always remember, victors write up the history, so all the movies are most likely utter propaganda ..

Edited by Hesekiel

Hey all

So I'm wondering if the dock strike is really the reason for the hold up.  Supporting it being the cause is companies are still reeling from the hold up.  

FFG's "Encounter at Amon Din" which is part of their Lord of the Rings game had been "on the boat" since 2-25 and just 2 days ago was flipped to shipping.  Now I don't know anything about the game, or its release dates, but if there is a queue and backlog, 2 days ago FFG just was able to ship something that had been on the boat since 2-25.

Assuming ships and cargo is processed in order of receipt, that could mean we are a couple weeks away from wave 1.

Other support for it being the dock strike is other companies have stated delays or even lost containers.  CoolMiniorNot for example is missing an entire container for Zombicide season 3, so maybe something is missing.

However, the rest of the world is waiting on this too.  Now I don't know if FFG makes the rest of the world wait on US delivery, but it seems like if it was the dock strikes alone, something should have happened in Europe (again unless FFG waits on the US).  

However, it is possible that maybe they are waiting for May the 4th be with you and trying to release around then.  Talking to a few store owners, they said it is unlikely it would release on Monday (slowest day of the week for game stores according to them), but it could maybe ship that day or ship early next week for a may 4th delivery.  Just a thought as I, like the rest of you, eagerly wait any kind of real news.