Sign in to follow this  
cody campbell

Kirhaxz Fighter: History and Pronunciation

Apparently it's a highly customizable ship, which I'm assuming its pretty much the Geo Metro of the SW universe.

No idea what pilots they have in mind for it, it could be fun looking into potential pilots through checking the EU on famous Black Sun/Hutt Cartel characters.

Never played SWG because a week after I bought the game they shut off support for it or something like that.

As for pronunciation, I'd agree with Gadge: keer-axe. That's how my friends and I have been pronouncing it lately.

I hate to admit, but I'm a little disappointed by the model of the Kihraxz.  It was one of the few Scum ships that I was actually looking forward to a release for.  The standard Kihraxz is one of my favorite ship designs in Star Wars, but they decided to go with style 4, according to this picture from Wookieepedia.

It's not a bad design, and I'll still pick this ship up at some point, but I just had different expectations.

I think I'll start using Keer-ax until someone corrects me. 

History is on the Wookie page. 

I'm thinking it will be good to have a medium fighter to the faction.  Y-wings aren't what's needed all the time and I kind of expect something like an X-wing in this.  Oh, sure, it won't be exactly the same, but a medium fighter is what I'm thinking.  There has been a need for one.

hate to admit, but I'm a little disappointed by the model of the Kihraxz.  It was one of the few Scum ships that I was actually looking forward to a release for.  The standard Kihraxz is one of my favorite ship designs in Star Wars, but they decided to go with style 4, according to thispicture from Wookieepedia.

I do prefer the cockpit farther back rather than placed in the nose.

Above is by farsox not Chadwick...sorry.

Edited by ryanabt

in SWG the ship was too big with too less mass to really do much with, everyone used the vaksai iyixien or dunelizard instead.

As someone that got the Ace Pilot title in that game... What? That thing had amazing turn and engine ratios for the ship. Yeah it didn't have much mass allowance, but neither did my A-wing and I was one of the most prominent pilots on Bria. I mostly flew my X due to never completing my A-Wing's engine retro, could never find a dang Y axis turn that was worth using the other parts. This ship was meant as a quick fighter and it did well as that. It took some planning on mass usage to make it work, hence why people took more lumbering ships like the dunelizard to compensate. But the pilots that did this, would never see me coming till it was to late :P

Its kinda obvious why they didn't go with style 1 though, looks to similar to an E-Wing in that configuration.

As someone who aced over 9 times (3X for each + change) no to mention solo'ed lord Cyssk and went on so many help the rookie bag an ace runs it wasn't funny -  yeah, the Kirtchtyxx was basically a 40k mass vaksai.  Yeah it had good ratios but you struggled to put enough on it.

duny, Heavy Syck and Vaksai were all better choices. Hell, Krayt, Kimo and Firespray covered off the rest for privateer..

In all fairness the Vaksai was really just a 150k weight kirkrahshtx. but come on - same ratios, same frame + 110. Who'd fly the kie3245tgearrrxxx?

as for the A-wing. That had 65k allowance and a hitbox which was microscopic compared to the kyewrejrejrxxxxxdtsdxxx x.

I ******* loved my A-wing. It look extra sexy with that 1 quest given level 7 engine, you know the one.

I had a godlike retro droid computer which had tiny mass and this level 1 reactor which put out over 20k too.

Lasers were good but had a lame snowball effect. Think they were level 6 or 7.

I'd add for any who care that on Intrepid, my favorite ship was a Y-wing. twin level 8 borstal based cannons, a mass produced 117k engine and a decent booster + weapons cap.

Shadowblade was a king among y-wings.

Edited by DariusAPB

Ahhh yes, that A-wing hit box was magnificent. Reason I was sad I never finished my level 7 retro engine for it. Always was running around with a piss poor excuse for an engine while I had everything else in amazing shape. I just loved the Ace quest laser cannons you got though, toss that in with the alternate engine design and it made the A-wing look amazing, the orange laser cannons just topped the cake.

The 40k mass was fine, and never said it was amazjng,. It worked well with lower lvl components and for a leveling ship it did its job. You are right on the Vaksai though, it was the successor to that ship and was much more accommodating.

I hate to admit, but I'm a little disappointed by the model of the Kihraxz.  It was one of the few Scum ships that I was actually looking forward to a release for.  The standard Kihraxz is one of my favorite ship designs in Star Wars, but they decided to go with style 4, according to this picture from Wookieepedia.

It's not a bad design, and I'll still pick this ship up at some point, but I just had different expectations.

I was also a little disappointed in their style selection.  All the other variants look a little better.  I get the need to differentiate from the E-Wing, but the nose fins and additional engines (?) on either side of the cockpit would have done that.  My only thought is that we might see the Vaksai released later which will incorporate some of the other notable design elements (and hopefully a Black Sun paint scheme...).  If we do see a Vaksai hit the table, the logic behind the stripped down Kihraxz would make more sense. 

To take this a little further.  If we saw them both, Kihraxz would be X-wing LITE while Vaksai could be rough B-Wing equivalent with slightly more health and perhaps boost.

Edited by Rhoaran

The best were the trandoshan repeaters.

Level 10 cannons with a machinegun like effect. Get those reversed engineered down, slap them on a vaksai and you have one of the fastest and most agile ships in the game with truly horrendous firepower. Hitbox was the weakness but with good shields you could take a hit or two.

Of course my first pair of trando repeaters were incorrectly RE'ed, so I had this really well made powerful gun that fired pink beams.

I nicknamed them gaybeams and it was an injoke in the guild for the longest time.

Edited by DariusAPB

Always remembered thinking the SWG designs were really bad... Now I'm looking them up again, and I still think that way. :-P A "light" fighter that was actually larger than an X-Wing. Seems to me that Black Sun is the type of organization that'd have two types of fighters:

1) Really inconspicuous fighters that they could use in their criminal activities. Some of these pilots might not even realize they're flying for Black Sun. Headhunters, Starchasers, Y-Wings, etc.

2) Really good fighters they can give to their important figures and ace squadrons, used only when necessary. StarVipers. I guess Supa Fighters, but those weren't great...

Seems to me like having really crappy, exclusive fighter designs doing criminal activities would invite law enforcement to investigate you... Then you'd have to bribe a lot more people.

I think FFG did as good a job with the ship as they could be expected to do.

Edited by Knightcrawler

Keer-Akz. The H indicates a very brief pause, making the two syllables very distinct.

As for the rest, FFG will likely make some people up. From what I can tell the thing was one of many SWG MandalMotors ships designed to give non-Rebel, non-Imperial players more selection. The lore therefore is likely pretty limited.