Sign in to follow this  
goncardoso

Some help from players here..

So I'm thinking about getting one of this games to play but i have some doubts ..

- is it possible to play alone ?
- what is better ? age of rebellion or edge of empire ?
- can the character be played in the other expansions , like Force and Destiny ? Can he be turned on Jedi / Sith in this expansion.. ?

if someone can help me out , i really appreciate..

No, its not really possible to play alone... if you did, you would essentially be writing a story, since you would be GM and Player. And part of the game is players and GM reacting to each others actions without knowing what is going to happen, or the results.

Trying to play alone would probably take alot of the mystery out of it.

One is not 'better' per se than the other, they focus on different aspects of the Star Wars universe.

Edge is more illicit, underworld, shady side of things, while Age is more Military focused.

Yes, you can take a character from Edge into Age or Force and Destiny, the rule sets are fully compatible, and you can even mix and match from all 3 books.

No, its not really possible to play alone... if you did, you would essentially be writing a story, since you would be GM and Player. And part of the game is players and GM reacting to each others actions without knowing what is going to happen, or the results.

Trying to play alone would probably take alot of the mystery out of it.

One is not 'better' per se than the other, they focus on different aspects of the Star Wars universe.

Edge is more illicit, underworld, shady side of things, while Age is more Military focused.

Yes, you can take a character from Edge into Age or Force and Destiny, the rule sets are fully compatible, and you can even mix and match from all 3 books.

oh that's too bad since i dont have anyone to play with.. guess i have to give up on the idea of getting it then.

I know the pain of finding it hard to find players. But dont give up.

Try checking out your local games shop, and see if they have a notice board.

Theres plenty of people who run the games online as well, using Skype or Google Hangouts

Never give up :) I waited 4 years after my original group fell through before i found a new group.

I know the pain of finding it hard to find players. But dont give up.

Try checking out your local games shop, and see if they have a notice board.

Theres plenty of people who run the games online as well, using Skype or Google Hangouts

Never give up :) I waited 4 years after my original group fell through before i found a new group.

lucky you.. but you probably live in a place where people do play it.. where i live is kinda hard.. i like that Skype thing though but since i'm new it would not work very well..

If there's not much option for live play, I would suggest playing online. I've been predominantly playing online for about...oh, 7 years now, I consider my main online group to be good friends of mine and we've had a lot of fun together. 

yeah i would like to but i dont know anyone playing this online and i dont know how to play either..

Check out any number of RPG forums. Lots have looking for group options. 

A lot of groups are friendly to newbies. Though I suggest you give the rules a read before applying, because if you haven't read them AT ALL that can sour some people. That said, FFG Star Wars' rules really are not as complicated as a lot of games.

Edited by Kshatriya