Sign in to follow this  
nikk whyte

having never touched the EU outside of this game...

Go-to good old games and give them your money!

Dig a joystick out of storage first, though.

[EDIT: I guess I'm assuming everyone has carted twenty years' worth of PC peripherals through five moves, four states, and two marriages. It's possible that's not universal, in which case X-Wing and TIE Fighter are an excellent reason to buy a new joystick!]

Edited by Vorpal Sword

Go-to good old games and give them your money!

[EDIT: I guess I'm assuming everyone has carted twenty years' worth of PC peripherals through five moves, four states, and two marriages. It's possible that's not universal, in which case X-Wing and TIE Fighter are an excellent reason to buy a new joystick!]

Them new-fangled computers these days don't even have game ports!

Never touched EU? That means you've never played X-Wing or Tie Fighter on PC. 

Change that .. TODAY! You will not regret it.

I have basics knowledge of the who's and what's. Other than that, if it's not in a movie I don't know anything about it.

My point being, the complaints of "obscure EU ships" are so ridiculous. Guys half the game is "obscure EU ships." I can't imagine being so jaded and cynical that a different part of this made up universe somehow taints the overall experience.

Not the same I know but you can use game controllers as well (I recently played through the first dozen missions of XWA with a PS3 controller and it worked fairly well).

Edited by stmack

Not the same I know but you can use game controllers as well (I recently played through the first dozen missions of XWA with a PS3 controller and it worked fairly well).

Joypad...those are for the lower order of gamers, we are the pc master race we use proper peripherals fully programmable weighted and calibrated.

i'm super happy with all the additions, from each prior wave and coming down the pipe. 

thanks FFG, for giving us all these toys to play with. 

lets go bomb some stuff.

I resemble this and agree! :) No need to play video games with XWMG!

Do you need to use patches and stuff in order to play these old games?

Depends how they have been 'acquired'. Regardless. it doesn't take long to find the appropriate graphics upgrades, widescreen support, etc. 

Darksaber's graphics upgrade is a MUST!!!

I agree.

It's actually humorous reading these threads complaining about people not getting their favorite EU ship every wave. I love Star Wars but generally do not love EU Star Wars. So for my the only major exposure I have to EU has been X-wing the miniatures game. As a non-EU user when I see threads complaining about how ridiculous X ship looks and how instead they want their favorite Y ship from a previous EU game. Which... as a non-EU fan... looks equally ridiculous.

But FFG has made a fantastic game, so I like the EU ships even though I previously had zero interest in them. So I really look forward to wave 7 just like every other wave, because they all have been so incredibly good.

I've always considered myself a huge SW fan having read plenty of novels, playing anything Lucas Arts put out, and watching all the cartoons (I'm still a strong supporter of the original "Samurai Jack" Clone Wars. However, having skipped SWG and Empire at War, while I knew about them - I've never really "experienced" the Punisher or K-Wing. And the H and D Wings?... Wow, those were new to me.

Yet, what I wanted to do was to offer a moment of silence for the lost genre of gaming - the flight/space sim. The first game I beat on a PC was Knights of the Sky from Microprose. Then came the Wing Commander games and XWing. It's sad that the only SW space sim we got after Alliance were the arcade style Rebel Assault games and the on-rails sections of TOR. What I would give for a HD remake of Tie Fighter.

It's all the fault of the console players, but tides are turning we have a new elite and star citizen on the horizon hopefully someone will realize there's a thriving market for space sims untapped and make a new star wars game set in the new movies.

Imagine Elite Dangerous or Star Citizen in SW universe. What a glory it would be

I want this.  So very much.

(Except without Star Citizen's "give us all your money forever so you can fly an A-Wing" model)