Sign in to follow this  
thebigeb2589

did we need another turret :( really?

If the K Wing tried to rely on its turret in this new auto thrusters meta it'd simply get obliterated. A 2 dice turret on a small base ship, with presumably poor maneuverability is not going to be a problem. A weak turret is very thematic for a heavy bomber, but it'll be relying on ordnance to do real damage.

I thinking we may see some nerf to turrets with the release.   Probably something like when firing with primary weapons 360 degrees.     +1 attack die bonus for range 1 is only gained in the primary firing arc.

That will help.

I thinking we may see some nerf to turrets with the release.   Probably something like when firing with primary weapons 360 degrees.     +1 attack die bonus for range 1 is only gained in the primary firing arc.

That will help.

Did I miss something? Since autothrusters was released turrets have become much less common in my meta. Dual aggressors in particular have a field day against turrets.

I don't see the issue .

FOR LOVE OF GOD, IT HAS 2 ATTACK DICE CHILL!!!

Oh? People keep saying it has three. I'll be honest I'm a little bored of 3+ turrets the ks the the prevalence of outrider, Han, and chirpy.

Personally I think 0 with a turret upgrade would have been more interesting if they were goi g to insist on another turret ship. (The K wing is not my cup of tea and I would have prefered something more from space and less from a b-29.

FOR LOVE OF GOD, IT HAS 2 ATTACK DICE CHILL!!!

Oh? People keep saying it has three. I'll be honest I'm a little bored of 3+ turrets the ks the the prevalence of outrider, Han, and chirpy.

Personally I think 0 with a turret upgrade would have been more interesting if they were goi g to insist on another turret ship. (The K wing is not my cup of tea and I would have prefered something more from space and less from a b-29.

I haven't squinted hard enough at the photos, but people are reporting a 2-die primary attack. Even if it is 3, though, I will almost certainly lack the speed and durability that make Fat Han and company frustrating to fly against.

With Autothrusters; applying a second nerf would just be highly detrimental. In either case, it actually makes no difference as the rebellion already has turreted ships it prefers to use for that purpose.

This.  The existing rebel turret platforms are good and fit their roles efficiently.  The K-wing is supposed to be a heavy bomber in the 'ordnance fix' wave, so I doubt that it will outclass existing turret-centric ships.

You know, I really hate to be the voice of reason for what is unquestionably the single sh*ttiest mechanic in the game and the sole ability that is keeping X-wing from reaching its full potential as an unbelievably fun experience...but

1.) small base (can't move further than your small bases, nor can it abuse boost)

2.) dial unknown (as long as it isn't a dial that has ******* everything, it won't be as easy to abuse)

3.) 2 die attack (essentially worthless, especially if the price is high)

4.) in a wave focused on 2ndary weapons (ordinance) and apparently bombers, the primary turret should (if the designers are even considering doing their jobs with even the least bit of thought) be playing 2nd or 3rd fiddle to the ship's other capabilities

from what little I can make out, the k-wing is  2 1 5 4 which is basically B-wing level survivability with noticeably worse offense

even if it gets a crew slot for 3po, it's not going to be a powerful turret

(also just noticed Hound's Tooth has a 180 degree front arc, how weird is that :P?)

Edited by ficklegreendice

You know, I really hate to be the voice of reason for what is unquestionably the single sh*ttiest mechanic in the game and the sole ability that is keeping X-wing from reaching its full potential as an unbelievably fun experience...but

1.) small base (can't move further than your small bases, nor can it abuse boost)

2.) dial unknown (as long as it isn't a dial that has ******* everything, it won't be as easy to abuse)

3.) 2 die attack (essentially worthless, especially if the price is high)

4.) in a wave focused on 2ndary weapons (ordinance) and apparently bombers, the primary turret should (if the designers are even considering doing their jobs with even the least bit of consideration) be playing 2nd or 3rd fiddle to the ship's other capabilities

from what little I can make out, the k-wing is  2 1 5 4 which is basically B-wing level survivability with noticeably worse offense

even if it gets a crew slot for 3po, it's not going to be a powerful turret

(also just noticed Hound's Tooth has a 180 degree front arc, how weird is that :P?)

i'm gonna go ahead and point out that ordnance currently is the "single sh*ttiest" mechanic in the game. turrets are fine. turrets were fine until the phantom showed up. phantom is fine. phantom can be beaten, in numerous embarrassing ways. 

i'm gonna go ahead and point out that ordnance currently is the "single sh*ttiest" mechanic in the game. turrets are fine. turrets were fine until the phantom showed up. phantom is fine. phantom can be beaten, in numerous embarrassing ways. 

incorrect

ordinance is the single most inefficient or ineffective game mechanic in terms of points put in for work done

(primary) turrets are the single sh*ttiest because the way in which they are implemented (you get to choose whichever target when you shoot, rather than having to actually manage a turret, with the same maximum range as every other non-epic ship essentially meaning you always get a shot no matter how poorly you maneuvered--space peanuts excepted) does not belong in a game where almost all meaningful player input takes place during the maneuvers (activation phase)

sure, one guy can have fun boosting all over the place with a falcon or some such, but the poor opponent has to content himself with just chucking dice and hoping they stick <_<

I'm enthusiastic for the k-wing, though. Going by the character of Wave 7, it's a bomber/missile cruiser first and a turret whenever. Ordinance firing out the arc and bombs flying out the rear will put a heavy emphasis on the ship's positioning, hopefully making it a very interesting ship to fly with and against.

Edited by ficklegreendice

I think the complaint is that turret ships don't really "dogfight" and can basically play the evasion game.  I'm fine with it, though, since they simply don't put out the firepower of equivalent points worth of more classical fighters.  The bigger issue around turret ships now are "fat" builds that combine arc dodging, hit cancelling, and a big pool of hitpoints that are frustrating to burn down.  Then again, Soontir et al can be just as frustrating to fight.