Sign in to follow this  
patox

Anyone's dream ship in Wave 7?

... The TIE interdictor came out of nowhere.

Not for me, I was hoping it would come and I'm all grins now.

Is it the TIE Heavy Bomber? Although your description about the wings makes it sound like it could be a Gand Starfighter.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/TIE_Heavy_Bomber

TIEHeavy-SWGB.png

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Gand_starfighter

You reminded me of this other bomber:

TIE/IT Interdictor starfighter

250px-TIEInterdictor-SWGB.png

It would make the current TIE Bomber look petite/cute.

TIE_Interdictor_Final.jpg

17189649735_1e852109a6_o.jpg

The K-Wing is the only ship I personally found interesting of this wave.

The Interdictor is disappointing enough that I'll be ducking out of X-Wing until the next wave (or Ep7 shows up). This will be the second wave FFG is putting out where it's dominated by scum, and if we Empire fans are only getting one shot per wave I'll be waiting longer for my long-desired Gunboat and TIE Avenger to show up. Which means I can leave X-Wing for Armada for a time and check back in half a year.

I mean, if the Interdictor is what we got, my skeptical senses tell me the Oppressor could be the next ship and that's a major turnoff design if I've ever seen one. The Aggressor wouldn't be much better (Almost worse in fact, since it's just an Advanced with a turret slot).

So new advanced pilots and a title card won't do it either?

I followed EU loosely, so everything from Wave 4 on is new to me and kept me from having hopes/expectations so I just look forward to the new stuff from a game perspective.

Edited by AlexW

another Tie another good day yeah sure like all ships so far.

my favorite ships are the

Tie Interceptor

Tie Aggressor

Tie Avanger

only one made it in the game so far come on ffg bring is some X2 prototype love the avanger awaits ma orders ^^

The Interdictor is disappointing enough that I'll be ducking out of X-Wing until the next wave (or Ep7 shows up). This will be the second wave FFG is putting out where it's dominated by scum, and if we Empire fans are only getting one shot per wave I'll be waiting longer for my long-desired Gunboat and TIE Avenger to show up. Which means I can leave X-Wing for Armada for a time and check back in half a year.

I mean, if the Interdictor is what we got, my skeptical senses tell me the Oppressor could be the next ship and that's a major turnoff design if I've ever seen one. The Aggressor wouldn't be much better (Almost worse in fact, since it's just an Advanced with a turret slot).

I'm really happy to get some unique Scum ships in, the new fighter and Hound's Tooth look fantastic, will definitely buy 3-4 blisters of the fighter. Other than that, not sure why you would stop playing a game simply because you don't like some of the ships. I can only hope they add them to Armada as well, so I can have them do battle in both scales.

I never delved too deeply into the EU, so I don't know much either about the ships past wave four, but honestly I think this wave is going to be fun! Sure the TIE (Punisher) is an unoriginal idea, but I like the look of the K-Wing and I think it's going to be fun to fly! (That could just be me though)

I've learned about the Hounds Tooth recently as well, and I'm glad it's now in the game with a unique firing arc of its own, and I don't mind the look of the Kihraxz Fighter either. Scum definitely (in my humble opinion) needs a starfighter that fits along the lines of the X-Wing.

I'm looking forward to it being released!

Well, the Kihraxz was on my wishlist, though I thought it looked differently. I learned there are several varieties..

If it can handle illicits and has the self detonating one I might give it a go ;P

if we're talking from a nostalgia perspective, we ran out of OT ships a while ago

from a gameplay perspective, the promised fixes to ordinance and the appearance of heavy bombers to cement that promise are definitely going to fulfill at least a few people's gameplay dreams

as for me, I had no idea wtf the k-wing was until people started pointing it out as a possibility since it was an eu ship. Seeing it now, though, it looks nice like a legitimate heavy bomber. So, not the ship of my dreams at all, but I do think I want one

go on no one is stopping u lol. but really u think its dominated by scum cause they got 2 ships ? u know that scum is a few ships behind they are catching up and then iam sure of it we will see 171/1 waves. but to be honest go on play armada its cool to but i still stuck to x wing dont know i like it more. i do own armada and going to buy me stuff from the waves but still favorite of both is x wing for meh

cheers.

The K-Wing is a dream ship, but not in the traditional sense. I've recently started playing with bombs and munitions. The thing that got me most excited for Most Wanted was the Bomb Loadout cards for the Y-Wing.

I didn't even know the K-Wing existed until people started speculating/wishing against it showing up in Wave 7. I then went out to find some resources on it.

I love it. I love everything about it. The design, the customization options, the size, the huge hit point total. It plays directly into my current favorite style of flying.

The TIE Punisher also has that feel, but it's just a tad too similar in styling to the TIE Bomber for me to get too excited for it.

The K-Wing is the ship I wanted, before I knew I wanted it.

Edited by RagnarokSquadron

giphy.gif

FTS Gecko, is that Dean Ambrose? Lol

And not to derail, Hound's Tooth has long been on my radar and I am very excited about it. The iconic X-Wing is still my favorite ship, but as far as scum and villiany, evil and empire goes, the Hound's Tooth is it for me! 

I'm really happy to get some unique Scum ships in, the new fighter and Hound's Tooth look fantastic, will definitely buy 3-4 blisters of the fighter. Other than that, not sure why you would stop playing a game simply because you don't like some of the ships. I can only hope they add them to Armada as well, so I can have them do battle in both scales.

Oh yeah, scum fans are going to be happy I know, and I guess I'm happy for them for getting one more bounty hunter and a decent middle-weight fighter. Just like next wave will probably finish them out with what, the last two? But I'm not interested in Scum at all, I'm an Imperial Navy fan, and the token ship we're offered this wave does not inspire me. Not when next door in Armada the next wave is offering Star Destroyers to drive. That interests me much more.

Truth be told I felt like giving X-Wing a rest as soon as Armada hit anyway. That the next wave is mostly ships that don't interest me, I feel better about taking a break. I'm not selling or destroying my collection, I just don't have the hots to play it as much as Wave 1 Armada and beyond. Not presently.

Oh yeah, scum fans are going to be happy I know, and I guess I'm happy for them for getting one more bounty hunter and a decent middle-weight fighter. Just like next wave will probably finish them out with what, the last two? But I'm not interested in Scum at all, I'm an Imperial Navy fan, and the token ship we're offered this wave does not inspire me. Not when next door in Armada the next wave is offering Star Destroyers to drive. That interests me much more.

Truth be told I felt like giving X-Wing a rest as soon as Armada hit anyway. That the next wave is mostly ships that don't interest me, I feel better about taking a break. I'm not selling or destroying my collection, I just don't have the hots to play it as much as Wave 1 Armada and beyond. Not presently.

You're not much of an Imperial player if you can't get behind a great TIE Bomber variant.

You said it wouldn't/shouldn't happen and it has, and now you can't be gracious about it so

run then, runaway to Armada in your fear of a epic Imperial ship to come:

16572582893_b0d2a84c17_o.jpg

Where the fire truck is the Punishing One? Don't get me wrong, I'm super happy about the Hounds Tooth and the K-wing, but Dengar needs some love!

Wave 8 baby!! Calling it now. 

The Hound's Tooth has always been one of my absolute favorite SW ships since I was a kid.

I'm pretty psyched to see it coming to X-Wing.  I need two, so I can have dual YV-666s.

And then promptly crash them face to face and leave them there all game, giving me permanent 360 coverage.  K4 Security Droid crew members to still get target locks.

Where the fire truck is the Punishing One? Don't get me wrong, I'm super happy about the Hounds Tooth and the K-wing, but Dengar needs some love!

Wave 8 baby!! Calling it now.

A man can dream!

16572582893_b0d2a84c17_o.jpg

The Tie Interdictor is a big bad bat ^^

The Tie Fighter, Tie Advanced, Tie Bomber and the Tie Defender are my dream ships - and I really hope for a good fix for the Bombers, new Pilots for Tie Fighters someday, and a small boost for the Tie Defender :)

Edited by TheRealStarkiller