Sign in to follow this  
patox

Anyone's dream ship in Wave 7?

Jury's still out on Wave 7. Even predicted 3 out of 4 ships (though at different times) But they weren't a wish list, but based on designers dropping hints and the artwork seen on other FFG products (Kihraxz on Roark Garnet card and Hound's Tooth in RPG). The TIE interdictor came out of nowhere.

On one side there are a lot of complaints. On the other there's trust in what FFG does. Or it's going to be fine. Or after seeing the models that they like them now.

What there does not seem too much of. What seems to be missing are comments, like I've been waiting for that ship forever. I can't believe it's coming true. Or I just peed a little because that's the ship of my dreams.

Is anyone totally jazzed about any of the ships? That it's their dream ship?

Been waiting years for Bossk/Hounds Tooth. Favorite ship? Maybe not, but more than enough to keep me interested. The Scum fighter looks nifty and fills a mainline fighter role, so I am in that one. Need to know more about the other two, but not sulky and disinterested either. Wave 7 seems just fine...

I think he was asking if anyone's favorite ship was in this wave.  Sounds like you are saying 'no'?

It's an interesting question, as I suspect there are a lot of 'favorite ships' of people still out there - if I had to rank my top three, it'd be the TIE Defender, XG-1 Star Wing, and Scimitar Assault Bomber.  So 2/3 of my favorites still unaccounted for.

I imagine a lot of people have similar, or different, lists...with favorites still outstanding.

Which makes the OP's point interesting - with so many 'favorite ships' still out there and unaccounted for...is anyone's "favorite ship" represented in this wave?  I'm skeptical, myself...

As much as I adore the K-wing, it's not my all-time-best-ever-StickMeInTheUniverseTomorrowAndThatsMyShip. I have seen a few die hard bossk fans with comments like what you described, but overall I haven't seen to much hype.

As you said, 3 out of 4 were predictable, mainly Bossk and the K-wing. I haven't seen to many imperial players happy about their new TIE, but maybe it's tied into Rebels season 2 somehow(Although I have my doubts, but we'll see).

I think until we get the Stats (and more than what was on the slides) it will be hard to make an accurate assumption of how good/bad the wave will be. Judging these new fighters on looks is like judging a book by its cover.

The K-Wing is the only ship I personally found interesting of this wave.

The Interdictor is disappointing enough that I'll be ducking out of X-Wing until the next wave (or Ep7 shows up). This will be the second wave FFG is putting out where it's dominated by scum, and if we Empire fans are only getting one shot per wave I'll be waiting longer for my long-desired Gunboat and TIE Avenger to show up. Which means I can leave X-Wing for Armada for a time and check back in half a year.

I mean, if the Interdictor is what we got, my skeptical senses tell me the Oppressor could be the next ship and that's a major turnoff design if I've ever seen one. The Aggressor wouldn't be much better (Almost worse in fact, since it's just an Advanced with a turret slot).

I'd like something more original than, as I see it, a TIE Advanced with the wings clipped and a turret bolted to the back. It's not much better than the creative stumble we see with the Interdictor, in my opinion.

At least the avenger shortens the body, gives the wings angles, and adds missile chutes on either side of the cockpit. It cuts out the flab to add sleekness and gives it a subtle weapons upgrade to perfect the prototype. And the Empire needs an affordable middle-weight dogfighter over another bomber, or a craft that exists for no other reason than to give the Empire a turret upgrade.

[...] This will be the second wave FFG is putting out where it's dominated by scum [...]

Scum & Villainy have some catching-up to do. I don't blame them for releasing two Scum ships and only one each for the other two factions. As much as I want to see more pretty Rebel and Empire toys, I don't want this game turning into Attack Wing, where the products were rushed due to corporate wanting more variety as fast as possible (they get a new wave about once every 1.5 months). That path leads to poor products, both component-wise and mechanically.

The Hounds Tooth is something I've been wanting since I found out about it (ironically just before the scum release was announced)

I'm also interested in the scum fighter. Something at a decent cost in the xwing/bwing bracket might be good for scum (which is rapidly becoming my faction of choice). font know how it will end up, but with a decent but not silly dial (perhaps similar to the scyk) and an efficient cost it could fill a gap for scum.

I don't actually mind the kwing. I liked the art that's been going around, but the model somehow doesn't quite look as good, but I don't see the "ugly".

Interd- sorry, punisher - I am underwhelmed by.

Not really. These are interesting potential options, but I'd like to see how the mechanics shake out to see what they add to the game.

I'd still hoping for Snowspeeders, Skyhoppers, and Bespin Cloud Cars, the whole "space dogfight" thing be damned. It's Star Wars OT material and I say they can fly in space, so give 'em to me.

I'm pretty psyched for the Hound's Tooth, and although I never played Galaxies think the Kihraxz looks good and fills a gap in the Scum lineup (I already know where I'm putting it in my favorite Scum list).

The Punisher and K-wing will be harder sells, for me, but the close-up shots of the models have already gone a long way toward helping me like them.

The Vaksai is a favorite ship of mine and I like that they went with the style of Kihraxz that looks different to that ship. Now if in a future wave they put in the Vaksai it will look distinct to the Kihraxz on the table.

While their not my first choice in bombers I'm also interested in seeing how these new bombers play on the table and just how much of an ordinance fix they'll bring.

So not my favorite ships at the moment but that might change when i see then in action.

I guess I can live with the hound's tooth since it's canon now, though I still think it's pretty ugly.  The scum fighter is decent.  Defiantly don't care for the k-wing or tie interdictor though.

I'll admit again I would have preferred some prequel/clone wars ships, since they are canon, and I like many of them a lot.  The only EU ships I would have been interested in are the assault gunboat or missile boat.

I think he was asking if anyone's favorite ship was in this wave.  Sounds like you are saying 'no'?

My "favorite" ship doesn't exist and thus I am neither heartbroken or ecstatic about anything in this wave, the previous 6, or the next 99 waves. I just want the iconic characters like Bossk over more EU characters. I also realize that FFG is building a game and needs both balance and to address specific aspects like an ordinance fix, so I like this for the health of the game.

Further, I don't recall FFG needing to satisfy the whims of unsatisfiable SW fans by giving them their obscure pet favorites. Probably 99% were happy by the end of Wave 3, if not earlier, and have never heard of any of these later wave ships. There has been a lot of bratty self-entitlement floating around that's pretty ridiculous.

My dream ship is a working X-wing, but I'm pretty excited about wave 7. Hound's Tooth is interesting because large ships without turrets need special tricks to compete, and they are really fun to use. Scum needs more meat, which hopefully the Kihrax will provide (I'm not sold on the Starviper as a mid-cost filler fighter). I've always thought the K-wing looked terrible, but something special looks to have happened when it went from 2D print to 3D model. Nothing about the new bomber excites me aesthetically, but (and this is the real point here) we have no idea what it's going to bring to the game. I don't have any reason to doubt that these ships will make X-wing better.