Sign in to follow this  
Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun

Downed Susper Star Destroyer in The Force Awakens

Why are we calling it a Super Star Destroyer when it looks like a standard Imperial-class?

EDIT: Oh wait, is that what the engines the Millennium Falcon flies through are from? Holy gods, what a thing to crash-land.

Edited by Utsanomiko

That's not an SSD at the begining on the new trailer.

That's what I thought the OP was talking about too, until just after I posted and I remembered there's another massive ship near the end.

I was like "Man, between these guys and Bell of Lost Souls' Armada battle report it's like nobody knows what an Executor-class looks... Oh wait... Wait, what?"

At first I was like, no, that ship at the end isn't a Super, it's just a redesigned Imperial-class Star Destroyer...

a7FZFzm.png

Then I kept waching:

QZ2hsx1.png

Oh, crap! That IS an Eclipse-class!

Edited by caelenvasius

I dunno, I would honestly have expected the engine nozzles on an SSD to look bigger. Exactly how can we be sure we're looking at the sorry remains of yet another crashed Exexutor-class?

I dunno, I would honestly have expected the engine nozzles on an SSD to look bigger. Exactly how can we be sure we're looking at the sorry remains of yet another crashed Exexutor-class?

...You...You DO realize that is the same thing, right?

...You...You DO realize that is the same thing, right?

Yes, sorry for the confusion; I guess I should've gone with the same name in both sentences.

Yeah, an Eclipse would've probably destroyed the darn planet when it crashed...

And yet I would morn for the Eclipse Class more than a simple planet, the Galaxy has tens of thousands of those.

The Eclipse Class has been long ago recton'd not to be longer than the Executor Class (SSD) each being 9 3/4 miles to 11 miles (15.75 Kilometers to 17.95 kilometers), but you are of course correct, the Eclipse Class is much more massive vessel and carries much heavier armament even when compared to the Executor Class.

Edited by Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun

Some point out that this crashed ship is missing the middle two engine banks (The arrangement is 3-2-3 on the Executors), but I think the bells on the right are part of the middle two and the ones left of us are missing.

I'm interested in what her name was. Executor is long gone. The presence of this ship also proves that more than one Executor existed in the Star Wars new Canon.

Edited by Norsehound

Some point out that this crashed ship is missing the middle two engine banks (The arrangement is 3-2-3 on the Executors), but I think the bells on the right are part of the middle two and the ones left of us are missing.

I'm interested in what her name was. Executor is long gone. The presence of this ship also proves that more than one Executor existed in the Star Wars new Canon.

I always thought that Han's statement in Return of the Jedi about there being lots of Command ships pretty solidly established that the Executor wasn't one of a kind. And since it was stated onscreen, it would be canonical.

Jim