Sign in to follow this  
Major Mishap

Vader alive in episode VII?

Not being a Star Wars geek, so throwing this out there.  In the new trailer Luke refers to his father in the present tense instead of the past, so is Vader making a comeback like Gandalf did in LOTR?

In the sense that he's a force ghost possibly, but I think that they just copied the line from ROTJ.

Not being a Star Wars geek, so throwing this out there.  In the new trailer Luke refers to his father in the present tense instead of the past, so is Vader making a comeback like Gandalf did in LOTR?

The voiceover you hear in the trailer is from Luke talking during the original trilogy.

Yes they could but it wasn't referred to after Anakin lost his hand during the events of AOTC.

Given they did this with Luke's hand in the now Legends canon of the Thrawn trilogy nothing stopping them from doing that, but I agree that sounds more like it was taken from ROTJ.

Well since his body was cremated and his living force was separated from his body he won't be in there unless he is a Living Force Being, but if they bring back that Anikin brat from the prequels I will personally go down to Cali to slap Abrams in the face.

Edited by Beatty

I think that if done right.. the emperor was correct and Luc's journey to the dark side started with defeating Vader. So this one should end with Lucy putting On the mask

Which explains why Luke has been a hermit since Episode 6. Imagine the force ghost of your dead parent hounding you for eternity, always judging your actions.

"Luke, really? You're going out with her? I dated and married a queen. You can totally do better than that."

"Hah, blew up the death star? I took out a trade federation ship at 8 and the entire droid army it was controlling."

Luke's lightsaber was his fathers lightsaber, Anakin's/Vader's and then Luke's.

Luke lost it along with his hand at Bespin. He then made a new one in RotJ.

All I know is Disney had better have a good reason on how the lightsaber found it's way from Bespin to wherever it is in EP7.

Some of the leaked storylines tell how Lukes lightsaber is important to the Sith to be able to make their sabers.

I'll go and watch Ep7 at the theaters but EP4, EP5 and EP6 were my generation, I'm willing to let the new movies be the new generation's. I'm not going to dis them, my time has gone and it's time to move on.

yes the sabre falls in Cloud City but just like Luke fell and was sucked into a side chute the sabre/hand could easily have ended up somewhere in the depths of Could City and then found moved etc.

My wife just pointed out to me about his force ghost being seen at the end of ROTJ. Maybe he his haunting luke still as Kenobi did

Wait, you were just pointed this out?

"Welcome to Earth. We are humans and this is our Religious mythology Star Wars. What Planet do you come from?" :P

the Voice over is very similar to the EP III teaser, you had ANH Obi-wan telling Luke about his father.

But it implies that Luke or Liea had offspring, and my money is on the girl.

But i also bet the BBEG with the red silly cross-hilt saber is a clone of Luke, Vader, or Sideous.  Just to get hear the screams of outrage by the fans when it is revealed when he copies the plot from the Dark Empire comic

My wife just pointed out to me about his force ghost being seen at the end of ROTJ. Maybe he his haunting luke still as Kenobi did

Wait, you were just pointed this out?

"Welcome to Earth. We are humans and this is our Religious mythology Star Wars. What Planet do you come from?" :P

I knew that, it was just her riposte to my Vader's suit being burnt theory

There has been a long discussion dealing with a Bespin maintenance droid that found Luke's hand and lightsaber. It was EU, but they have said that they can use any part of the EU they feel like. It may have been returned to Lobot and he got it to Lando at some point after RotJ.

It also isn't Vader's lightsaber. His had a black band around the blade emitter.

In the Thrawn trilogy *SPOILERS*

Luke ends up fighting a clone of himself made from his hand that was cut off and weilding the lightsaber he lost at Bespin. The Emperor found it apparently and had him cloned.

Also, Mark Hamil confirmed in an interview very recently its a new voiceover that he had to record, not the one from ROTJ and he said he had to keep re-recording it because he kept stuffing up and saying "My father HAD it", not has as he was supposed to.....

Edited by MaverickNZ