Sign in to follow this  
superbabs84321eu

Wave 7 announcement today at Anaheim?

I'm more interested in some more Raider spoilers than anything for wave 7.  Even if they announced wave 7 today it wouldn't hit the streets for a very long time yet.  Seems to me it's better to get more info on something that is closer to release.

when was wave 6 announced?

if we don't get an X-wing announcement I will start to doubt the future of this game. This is the only Star Wars product that hasn't had a new product announcement in months.

Why? We already know Wave 7 is done with design as of a month or two ago, and that they're working on wrapping up Wave 8. They just haven't announced any of it yet. They're likely just trying to not leave so much space between announcement and release anymore.

who are "they"?

if we don't get an X-wing announcement I will start to doubt the future of this game. This is the only Star Wars product that hasn't had a new product announcement in months.

Why? 

Because where would we be without DRAMA?!

Left rolling little colored dice and moving plastic toys around

Why? We already know Wave 7 is done with design as of a month or two ago, and that they're working on wrapping up Wave 8.

We do????

The Jodo Cast (podcast) did a Q&A with one of the lead designers for X-wing at a Store Champ in one of those cold, rectangle states.  He stated that FFG was working on Wave 8 now.

Why? 

my post was in response to all the people who think FFG will not announce anything new for X-wing today. Not drama.

Wave 1: Announced April 2012. Released 5 months later.

Wave 2: Announced at Wave 1 release. Released 5 months later.

Wave 3: Announced 2 months after Wave 2 release. Released 4 months later.

Wave 4: Announced 4 months after Wave 3 release. Released 4 months later

Wave 5: Announced at wave 4 release. Released 5 months later.

Wave 6: Announced 3 months prior to Wave 5 release. Released 6 months later.

Wave 7: Announcement at least 2 months after Wave 6 release. Released somewhere between August to October at the earliest.

So I got one theory about why the announcement is taking so long. I suspect the content of wave 7 is episode 7 starfighters. Because the episode 7 starfighters are spoilers for the movie, the release is tied by Disney. For Lego starfighters about episode 7 the releases are around September 2015. Ergo, if the content of wave 7 is about episode 7 starfighters, they may be released around September 2015. If the announcement is 4-6 months prior to release this means that the announcement is around April. This makes either Star Wars Celebration Annaheim perfect fit. Thats why I strongly suspect we get an announcement today.

Think about it. It all fits. 1. Wave 7 = Episode 7 is catchy. 2. We know FFG extended the license to include the new movies. 3. If they are gonna release a wave with episode 7 would you do it a few months prior to the movie (when all the toy companies will launch their episode 7 toys), or several months thereafter (when the buzz is over)??????

Ow, and here you have a cookie: http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront

Babs out!

Edited by superbabs84321eu

Didn't they basically go out and say "Hey, guys, there's gonna be X-wing news at the celebration"?

Who are 'they'?

On Facebook they said:

Star Wars™ Celebration is a little more than two weeks away. We'll have a team there demoing games, and this year we're also giving a panel! Join us at 1:30pm on April 17 on the Fan Stage to learn how some of your favorite games are made– and what's coming up next.

Why? We already know Wave 7 is done with design as of a month or two ago, and that they're working on wrapping up Wave 8.

We do????

The Jodo Cast (podcast) did a Q&A with one of the lead designers for X-wing at a Store Champ in one of those cold, rectangle states.  He stated that FFG was working on Wave 8 now.

Specifically it was Alex Davy, who also hinted that Wave 7 would involve bomber/ordnance fixes in the same interview.

The idea there'd be an X-wing announcement at Celebration has only ever been speculation, the same way people were expecting X-wing announcements at the GAMA trade show last month.

Rogue Shadow or bust, gentlemen.

A THOUSAND REPUBLIC CREDITS ON BUST!

I have to say I never understood why people like that overdesigned... thing.

It is more likely we will either get:

- nothing until May 4

- bigger versions of the new ships in Armada's Rogues and Villains pack ("Havoc" bomber, Punishing One...")

Edited by Polda

I will start to doubt the future of this game.

This game is fine. Seriously the people. This isn't duke nukem we are talking about here....

please understand I think we WILL get X-wing news today...it is the best venue aside from Gencon to do it.

I think we will get a new Starter (Maybe more than one?) and 3-6 new ships or packs.

I will start to doubt the future of this game.

This game is fine. Seriously the people. This isn't duke nukem we are talking about here....

please understand I think we WILL get X-wing news today...it is the best venue aside from Gencon to do it.

I think we will get a new Starter (Maybe more than one?) and 3-6 new ships or packs.

How about a set of Faction Starters you can build a basic 100pts squad from?

Why? 

my post was in response to all the people who think FFG will not announce anything new for X-wing today. Not drama.

You said "If we don't get an X-wing announcement today I will start to doubt the future of this game." That's not in response to anything; it's just drama for the sake of drama.

The game is doing fine. FFG has the Raider planned, and there's also the "leak" from Alex Davy about upcoming waves. Then there's the fact that X-wing is some absurd portion of FFG's sales. Then there's the fact that there's a whole new batch of canon coming in December, and we know for sure that FFG's license covers the new trilogy.

I'm not sure what FFG is waiting for, or why. But the game is in good shape regardless of whether or not we get a big announcement today.

Edited by Vorpal Sword

Why? 

You said "If we don't get an X-wing announcement today I will start to doubt the future of this game." That's not in response to anything; it's just drama for the sake of drama.

The game is doing fine. FFG has the Raider planned, and there's also the "leak" from Alex Davy about upcoming waves. Then there's the fact that X-wing is some absurd portion of FFG's sales. Then there's the fact that there's a whole new batch of canon coming in December, and we know for sure that FFG's license covers the new trilogy.

I'm not sure what FFG is waiting for, or why. But the game is in good shape regardless of whether or not we get a big announcement today.

it was in DIRECT response to this:

"It's a panel on game design featuring no one from the X-wing Team, but if there were going to be any sort of X-wing news out of Celebration it'd be there. I just wouldn't get my hopes up."

but thanks for telling me what I am posting and why...I appreciate your knowledge of me.

it was in DIRECT response to this:

"It's a panel on game design featuring no one from the X-wing Team, but if there were going to be any sort of X-wing news out of Celebration it'd be there. I just wouldn't get my hopes up."

but thanks for telling me what I am posting and why...I appreciate your knowledge of me.

You're welcome!

The problem is that I don't actually care about what you were intending to do. What came across from reading your posts was "If we don't hear today then the SKY IS FALLING, people."

Edited by Vorpal Sword