Sign in to follow this  
superbabs84321eu

Wave 7 announcement today at Anaheim?

Just stumbled at this. It's in a few hours. Could it be the wave 7 announcement?

http://starwars15.mapyourshow.com/6_0/sessions/session-details.cfm?ScheduleID=119

Star Wars With Fantasy Flight Games

Fri. April 17| 1:30 PM - 3:00 PM | Star Wars Fan Stage – 303ABCD

Ever wanted to find out what it takes to bring Star Wars from a galaxy far, far away to your own gaming table? Join Fantasy Flight Games as they give you a look behind the curtain into their world of board, card, miniatures and role playing design and learn more about some of the exiting Star Wars games they are working on now!

Just stumbled at this. It's in a few hours. Could it be the wave 7 announcement?

http://starwars15.mapyourshow.com/6_0/sessions/session-details.cfm?ScheduleID=119

Star Wars With Fantasy Flight Games

Fri. April 17| 1:30 PM - 3:00 PM | Star Wars Fan Stage – 303ABCD

Ever wanted to find out what it takes to bring Star Wars from a galaxy far, far away to your own gaming table? Join Fantasy Flight Games as they give you a look behind the curtain into their world of board, card, miniatures and role playing design and learn more about some of the exiting Star Wars games they are working on now!

It's a panel on game design featuring no one from the X-wing Team, but if there were going to be any sort of X-wing news out of Celebration it'd be there. I just wouldn't get my hopes up.

I don't think it was X wing people that have the talk at gencon that announced scum either.

That was Christian Petersen, Fantasy Flight's CEO--who also isn't on the Celebration panel, if I remember correctly. I'm in the "don't get your hopes up" camp, although I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

For UK-based X-Wingers... this will be 9:30pm tonight. I really can't believe they won't make an announcement this weekend. It's been a long, long time and this is a really good opportunity for them to do it.

when was wave 6 announced?
if we don't get an X-wing announcement I will start to doubt the future of this game. This is the only Star Wars product that hasn't had a new product announcement in months.

I don't think it was X wing people that have the talk at gencon that announced scum either.

That was Christian Petersen, Fantasy Flight's CEO--who also isn't on the Celebration panel, if I remember correctly. I'm in the "don't get your hopes up" camp, although I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

I'm also in that camp, but not because I don't expect anything... but rather I've fallen in love with Armada and just am not as hyped about X-Wing anymore.   Still like the game and all, but I've settled into a comfortable state and as far as I'm concerned they can wait as long as they want. 

I do think it's logical to expect some Episode 7 stuff at some point, and if they delay Wave 7 for another few months, then we might expect to see the Episode 7 X-Wings and TIEs as early as wave 8... which would be pretty cool!  

if we don't get an X-wing announcement I will start to doubt the future of this game. This is the only Star Wars product that hasn't had a new product announcement in months.

Why? We already know Wave 7 is done with design as of a month or two ago, and that they're working on wrapping up Wave 8. They just haven't announced any of it yet. They're likely just trying to not leave so much space between announcement and release anymore.

It literally had a nee faction released about a month and a half ago.