Doc, the Weasel

New teaser

Which begs the following questions...

1.  What have the Empire been doing since the destruction of the DS2

2. What have the Rebel Alliance been doing

3. Are there more Jedi's/Force Users about

4.  Who is in command of the Empire

5.  Will this movie follow or hint at the orig. books/Legends

6. ARE YOU GUYS SOOOO TOTALLY PSYCHED/PUMPED/EXCITED/UBER SEXED UP FOR THIS MOVIE!!!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!! :wub::D:ph34r:

The Sith is very crusader like what with the new saber. Just because the Emperor and Vader were killed doesn't mean everything else fell apart. As per Rebels Inquisitors are lore now. The Sith could be an Inquisitor part of the Empire. Luke coild have gone into hiding to avoid them.

The Sith is very crusader like what with the new saber. Just because the Emperor and Vader were killed doesn't mean everything else fell apart. As per Rebels Inquisitors are lore now. The Sith could be an Inquisitor part of the Empire. Luke coild have gone into hiding to avoid them.

Heck, Maul was still alive post Son of Dathomir comic-arc...which should be canon because it's based on a TCW story.  How long could he hide from Vader and Palpatine?  If long enough, then he's available to start again...

Welcome to the Marvel influence. Kill off a character and then bring them back later, negating anything about their deaths. Just look what Disney has done with Agent Coulson, Nick Fury, Pepper Potts, Loki, etc...

Welcome to the Marvel influence. Kill off a character and then bring them back later, negating anything about their deaths. Just look what Disney has done with Agent Coulson, Nick Fury, Pepper Potts, Loki, etc...

Except that TCW came out 4 years before Lucas sold to Disney....

I was just about to post this ^^

I didn't say Disney did it. I just said look at the influence of others, namely Marvel, about character death and the impermanence of it.

Killing off popular characters is an old trope. Or at least looking like you did. It was trope of the old cliffhanger serials if only till the next episode. And comics of all types have been doing it for years. Considering how many sources Star Wars draws on I'd be surprised if they didn't use such a trope. They did use it in what is now legends with Boba Fett.

Killing off popular characters is an old trope. Or at least looking like you did. It was trope of the old cliffhanger serials if only till the next episode. And comics of all types have been doing it for years. Considering how many sources Star Wars draws on I'd be surprised if they didn't use such a trope. They did use it in what is now legends with Boba Fett.

Judging by some Battlefront 3 screenshots they'll be doing it again, canonically.

Heck, Maul was still alive post Son of Dathomir comic-arc...which should be canon because it's based on a TCW story.  How long could he hide from Vader and Palpatine?  If long enough, then he's available to start again...

I was happy they brought Maul back, like Boba Fett in TOT you saw him a couple times and he seemed really cool, then he's in the sarlaac pit. Maul, same thing, he  was pretty bada$$ till he got sliced in half. The cool thing is or, was, thanks to the EU those characters got their due.

Judging by some Battlefront 3 screenshots they'll be doing it again, canonically.

I remember playing Battlefront and killing Vader regularly. Fun times.

And I actually don't mind the resurrection of either Boba Fett or Maul. They were both characters I always wanted more out of who got the shaft on screen.

I rather enjoyed the space battles in Battlefront 2 personally. It's been a long time since I played it but I recall flying ships right into the hangar of Star  Destroyers and then taking out systems from inside. It was a blast.

I remember playing Battlefront and killing Vader regularly. Fun times.

And I actually don't mind the resurrection of either Boba Fett or Maul. They were both characters I always wanted more out of who got the shaft on screen.

The trailer doesn't imply any kind of resurrection of Boba Fett. We see Boba Fett flying around on Tatooine (desert planet, jawa sandcrawler in the background, Tatooine has been announced as one of the maps). The Tatooine battle doesn't need to be placed after Boba was digested. There is also a Hoth map. The game isn't about future battles, AB, but Rebel era battles that have already occurred.

I was speaking to the resurrection of characters in general. As someone indicated a Marvel reference to why Star Wars was doing it. The trope has been used in just about every form of media so i don't think Marvel has any influence and Star Wars was doing it long before being bought by a company that also owns a comic empire.

Maul's resurrection won me over in the end, not the least reason being Sam Witwer's stellar voice acting. I view Boba Fett's resurrection as inevitable, but I'm also not expecting him to factor into the new movies at all. And Disney might surprise us by keeping him dead and just using him extensively in their side stories.

I do figure this Captain Phasm character or whoever might be related to him. Daughter, maybe?

On the topic of Maul and the influence of Marvel, ep 1-3 are so bad plot wise that if this next trilogy goes well i would love to see ep 1-3 remade with a whole new story. reuse all the good characters, but have decent scripts with actual meaning.

Randon speculations from me:

The handing off of the lightsaber is a Noghri giving Queen Leia the lightsaber

Leia is the big bad of the movie, corrupted possibly, and leader of the First Order (not likely)

-or-

Queen Leia is assassinated, by agents of the First Order as they overthrow the New Republic.

The reason why Han and Chewie were entering the falcon in the "we're home" scene, Luke borrowed the Falcon and disappeared.