Sign in to follow this  
Crabbok

New Star Destroyer in EP 7 Trailer

Lots of new Imperial ship designs too!   and how bout that chrome trooper!    WOWZA!

The rumors that the chrome-armored trooper could be Gwendoline Christie's character are making my heart sing.

I don't have any words, let me post a picture instead. This is for the whole trailer.

1310650820313.jpg

This, so much this!

I love that **** and I literally, literally need it in my Armada fleet!

I doubt FFG is anymore in-the-know about what's going to be in the movie than anyone else.

Actually they are. They work with LFL and are going to know about this stuff well in advance of us.

As far as I know, the only time they worked with LFL was to design the raider. Is there something else they've done with them?

Is there something else they've done with them?

Well for a start, they had the models from ILM to make their models. They also worked with LFL to get the CR-90, transport and every other ship made.

In the back of the various rule books it mentions the LFL Approvals person.

So yes they do in fact work with LFL on stuff. Do you think all those toy companies wait until after the movie comes out to start working on action figures and such, that quite often come out the day the movie is released?

I'm fairly sure FFG knows of all the new designs. Just look at toy companies and especially LEGO, which released Hobbit sets for second part before the first movie hit cinemas. Everyone with a license contract with Disney has access to stuff they might/will be releasing so they could do it when it hits the cinemas.

Well for a start, they had the models from ILM to make their models. They also worked with LFL to get the CR-90, transport and every other ship made.

So yes they do in fact work with LFL on stuff. Do you think all those toy companies wait until after the movie comes out to start working on action figures and such, that quite often come out the day the movie is released?

If it was just a question of models, I'd say it was possible, but there's the problem of lag with FFG in making the models into games. It has to be designed, playtested, built and shipped among lots of other smaller steps unique to gaming that other things don't have to worry about.

Combined with the wealth of ships they haven't touched yet, I'm guessing Wave 3 will be OT ships.

Edited by 1123581321345589144

I'd say it was possible, but there's the problem of lag with FFG in making the models into games.

Alex or Frank once said just before Wave 6 of X-Wing came out, that they were working on wave 8. The lag time isn't all that big. They most likely know what most of the Eps VI ships look like already.

Combined with the wealth of ships they haven't touched yet, I'm guessing Wave 3 will be OT ships.

For Armada? Perhaps, it makes sense to capitalize on the stuff from the new movie though, and doing that when the movie comes out is much better than doing so 6 months later. Not saying wave 3 will be eps 7 stuff, just that it could be.

In X-Wing we still haven't heard a hint at what Wave 7 will be, and 6 has been out for a while now, yet for wave 4, 5 and 6, we knew about them well in advance.

The fact they're working two waves in advance, I think, kind of makes it seem like Wave 3 will be OT ships. I can't speak for X-Wing, I'm too far removed from the game :/

But, either way, what does it matter? We both agree we'll see new ships at some point in Armada, we just disagree on whether they'll come out in a particular wave or not, with nothing at stake. I'm fine just disagreeing.

On topic: Any theories on what the deal is with the new ship? It's looking really good. Can anyone tell from the little we see how big it is?

If it's okay with you, I'd really rather not waste the effort to argue. I'm fine just disagreeing.

Not trying to argue, and I apologize if I came off that way. I'm just tired and apparently a bit cranky.

I deleted that first part because it was kind of inflammatory. And no trouble at all (b^.^)b Good luck hunting rebel dogs or Imperial tyrants, whichever you prefer!

Anywho... :)

I don't know if we'll see any Eps 7 ships in Armada around Christmas time or not. I could see it go either way. Depends on how much lead time FFG had, and what Disney/LFL wants to do.

From a marketing standpoint, putting out a wave of Armada, X-Wing and Imperial Assault that ties into the new movie at Christmas time, is a bit of a no brainer. That's when they want a lot of product to come out anyway, and if they can tie it to the movie all the better.

Also with Wave 2 we have most of the really iconic ships needed for Armada, the ISD, VSD, CR-90, Neb B and MonCal. At that point anything new would most likely be some sort of EU stuff. Even the Interdictors are EU, as they never were seen in the movies.

On topic: Any theories on what the deal is with the new ship? It's looking really good. Can anyone tell from the little we see how big it is?

Hard to tell because of the angle and I don't have time to extensive research on it. It's far bulkier than an ISD, making the silhouette closer to Gladiator in shape... it kinda reminds me of Praetor or Imperious-class Star Destroyer because it seems to be much wider than ISD but yeah, that might just be an illusion because of the angle. I think it's just as big as an ISD or a bit bigger, like about 2000m.

Of course it's just my guesses, but I think they wouldn't show anything small as the first capital ship for their new movies, while I don't think they would be showing a full-fledged SSD without some ISD-sized ships to show how giant that thing is. At least not in a trailer that's supposed to hype people for the movie!

The lighting for the new Star Destroyer wasn't that good to really aid speculation.  Nor was the angle worth a ****.  There was a lot of motion blue with the ships.

Which i think was planned.

In the opening shot the Star Destroyer has an unusual asymmetrical bridge tower. But i couldn't make out the main port/starboard Turbolaser turrets on the top hull near the bridge super structure. And the One the Falcon flies through (who would really do that unless they KNEW they could fly through) is very similar to the Executor.. but not.  If The SSD ship was symmetrical it would have at least 9 engines (3-3-3) instead of the 13 (3-2-3-2-3) on the Executor

If it was just a question of models, I'd say it was possible, but there's the problem of lag with FFG in making the models into games. It has to be designed, playtested, built and shipped among lots of other smaller steps unique to gaming that other things don't have to worry about.

If GW and LOTR is anything to go by, FFG will already have had these images months ago and the new stuff could easily be done by the end of he year.  But of course, they could also get screwed over like GW and images changed at the last moment in the same way GW's Thradruil is on a horse when he appeared on a stag in the film.

Um...yeah Wave 3 wont be out anywhere near this film's release.

Wave 2 is supposed to be quater 3. Which we know by now means a month or so later than we think. I wave 2 will be out around the time this film hits theatres, maybe even after that depending on the boat situation.

If we do get Ep 7 ships, next year at the earliest I think.

I think Wave 3 will surprise me and a few here too, it's a big galaxy and the well known ones are in Wave 1&2. What surprises me is that you guys are already discussing wave 3 before wave 1 is in the stores.

I thought I was excited.

[sorry, don't know why the snapshots are coming up sideways.]

Notice the TIE's have white solar panels now, kind of makes them more like Stromtrooper air support units now.

2jdqom1.jpg

Also, in the scene where the TIE is strafing the hanger, it's using a drop down swivel laser cannon. Pause it and look. It's definitely not coming from the "ball" cockpit itself and it's also definitely not the cockpit side.

28ktwl.jpg

Note that in the top picture the cockpit is visible and that that is not what is show in this lower picture. Also, in the trailer the TIE is moving away from the camera towards the open hanger door. It's also not some chrome TIE, it's the same type of TIE as those in the top photo. If you look closely you can see the white solar panels and in motion it is very apparent. I just don't want to upload another crooked image while it's at a better angle to show it.

Edited by R22

I like new SD as well as X-wing mk II.

I'm worried about the film though.

is already an Internet meme, prequels were awful, and old Harrison Ford's starring in it. He brings bad luck. Just think about that: Indiana Jones IV, Ender's Game, plane crash. Everything old Ford touches turns into catastrophe.

I doubt FFG is anymore in-the-know about what's going to be in the movie than anyone else.

Actually they are. They work with LFL and are going to know about this stuff well in advance of us.

As far as I know, the only time they worked with LFL was to design the raider. Is there something else they've done with them?

Ffg CEO Chriistian Peterson stated in his interview with TC they do know stuff about the sequels