Sign in to follow this  
WWPDSteven

Intensify Forward Firepower: An Armada Podcast

Okay, I listened to it. The manner was a lot of fun. I do think that the run-down of the rules as a tutorial could be useful to people who do not want to read the rules, but I wonder how many of those would sit through an hour+ -long podcast.

But, so my question: what's the next topic now that the first one has been done?

My suggestion, cover the basics of strategy as you see those unfolding. Maybe make shorter podcasts that deal with a particular issue or set of connected issues. The ins-and-outs of the objectives would be good. The nuances of fighter combat and their strategic roles would be another.

Thanks guys!

@Mikael- yeah the first episode is partially catered to our big existing listeners via our network WWPD which is about all sorts of games. So with most new podcasts we like episode 1 to be all about the game itself.

In the future, I can say not to expect shorter episodes, as we are the kinds of dudes who like to hit our stride and gab about stuff, but we will definitely be getting into "crunchy" parts of the game!

I wonder if guess stars will be invited. . . 

So just how much does the Wookie weight? Or. How many mideclorians in the jar?

Are we talking Chewie sized or a Midget Wookie? As for the jar, is it marmalade sized and is Yoda's blood in it?

I wonder if guess stars will be invited. . . 

So just how much does the Wookie weight? Or. How many mideclorians in the jar?

Are we talking Chewie sized or a Midget Wookie? As for the jar, is it marmalade sized and is Yoda's blood in it?

It's an African Midget Wookie.

Just finished listening. Great show!

I've definitely already recommended it to several of my friends who in trying to teach how to play so they know the rules already.

For another episode, maybe go through fleet building and upgrade cards and how they work and how things like commanders work. That would be the next logical step from the learn to play rules.

Also. You need a facebook page. (Or at least I couldn't find it)

Edited by Bloodstripe Baron

Very much enjoying the podcast, I'm a bug fan of the WWPD podcast network, mostly BAR and the LRDG but even though I don't play FoW I do still check out the occasional New From the Front. It's nice to hear content from you guys for a game I'm actively playing for a change, much as I like FoW and Bolt Action, there's not a huge community where I am.

I did not anticipate someone saying that they enjoyed DO-DANNA.

Something tells me Jestor is the one kid in the classroom that requests extra homework for the class; and that's all the acceptance we need to continue ruining everyone's favorite hits from the 80's.