Sign in to follow this  
barnabys

The Errata Deck

Highjack said:

That statement implies that they, in no other situations, made really useless cards.  A card that said draw a card every time you play an agrabah world (which, you could make all your worlds in a world racer agrabah) wouldn't be entirely useless.  At the very least it would have more use than halloween town sora (poster boy for useless cards).  In every card game, every. sing. card. game. They make useless cards, you just can't make a set of all playable cards, not gonna happen.

My, aren't we years ahead of our time?  I never knew they made useless cards in a card game!  Heaven forbid they would make such a thing!  Why on earth would they toy with us so?  'N what next?  Limitations on certain cards that would be, otherwise, godly or broken?  Dearest me!

Anyways, welcome to History of Kingdom Hearts TCG 101. Grab a seat 'n take notes.  There will be a test later.  By what I've seen 'n read 'n translated, the original Kingdom Hearts card game had some very different card texts for certain cards.  As I mention'd before, the original cards had a very particular bracket system that we don't have.  What they designated isn't the same thing that we have printed on our cards, meanin some of our cards, if not translated correctly, are useless.  Otherwise, make a whole new makeshift for the game's meta (Wishin Lamp engine, 'n Pegasus engine, for example) [Also note in the Rules Section, the comment's bout Stealth Sneak]. 

Oh, 'n bann'd cards?  Chip 'n Dale, Fairy Godmother, Neverland lvl 1, Stop, Stopra, Stopga.  Meanin we got a revised translation so we can play them.  I'll leave it to you to figure out what the original translation stated 'n why they were bann'd.

Certain cards had [limit 1] to them, such as Hundred Acre Woods, Oblivion, Ultima Weapon, 'n Genie (all levels).  Surprise, surprise that only Genie lvl 1 'n 4 have limits, when the original rules state you can only have ONE Genie of any level in a deck.  Oh, 'n Hundred Acre Woods' text changed too. 

Also, just like world cards, events were only allow'd to be play'd once per turn, makin our translation incorrect once again. 

I'm done teachin for now. 

Choitz said:

Highjack said:

That statement implies that they, in no other situations, made really useless cards.  A card that said draw a card every time you play an agrabah world (which, you could make all your worlds in a world racer agrabah) wouldn't be entirely useless.  At the very least it would have more use than halloween town sora (poster boy for useless cards).  In every card game, every. sing. card. game. They make useless cards, you just can't make a set of all playable cards, not gonna happen.

My, aren't we years ahead of our time?  I never knew they made useless cards in a card game!  Heaven forbid they would make such a thing!  Why on earth would they toy with us so?  'N what next?  Limitations on certain cards that would be, otherwise, godly or broken?  Dearest me!

Are you seriously being condescending and sarcastic when he told you that they make very limited use to useless cards in every game, when you said "why would they do that?"

Choitz said:

I don't have anything on topic to say at all but this part of the post made me chortle. Quite probably because I read it in my ranting voice.

Me <3

Yea, Choitz, really?  No need for that, I was just deconstructing your argument.  You made the contention that the ruling should not be reversed because it would imply the designers made a card that was useless.  In response I pointed out that for this to be true you had to also be saying that they never made any other useless cards.  I perhaps didn't need to go as far as I did, but I wanted to make it clear that useless cards a fact of life.  I could not be sure that you knew this fact because why would you have made that argument in the first place?  I apologize if that seemed condescending of me, but the sarcasm was not necessary.  Thank you for the background info on the game, that was interesting.

Fairbanks said:

B1ack said:

-1 cid

I wanted to stop listening at you suggesting he switch Jasmine for a worse version of her.  I stopped listening here.  The only decks that should not be running Cid are Dark Decks and Roxas, because they can't.

okay but you run a completly useless version of her what if you draw into nothing if you pull out aladdin you get two cards out of your deck instead of just one and if you get aladdin 2 then you can get genie 1 witch is now three cards and then you play genie 1 and draw another card witch is now four cards instead of just one now how is this the worse version hmm. fairbanks didnt think so o and cid is optional i just removed him for 40 card minimum you can have 41 if you want

and roxas what if they have run tinkerbell lv O and lv 1 then they could potentialy out cast you so to solve that pinchhio out your hand or you could simply run snow white but its your choice with valor form when you get them within 2 life and no cards in hand you win automaticly no life gain nessiory and it saves time This is just another way to possibly run this

Did you think I would post change to someone who is respected in this commiuntys deck and not be able to defend it come on now im better than that but you dont have to like my idea hihjacks idea or anyone else idea but your own these are not written in stone these are just suggistions take it as that  and if you can't then you have no need to qoute me reply to me or have anything to do with me

Highjack said:

Yea, Choitz, really?  No need for that, I was just deconstructing your argument.  You made the contention that the ruling should not be reversed because it would imply the designers made a card that was useless.  In response I pointed out that for this to be true you had to also be saying that they never made any other useless cards.  I perhaps didn't need to go as far as I did, but I wanted to make it clear that useless cards a fact of life.  I could not be sure that you knew this fact because why would you have made that argument in the first place?  I apologize if that seemed condescending of me, but the sarcasm was not necessary.  Thank you for the background info on the game, that was interesting.

Alright, after an interestinly wonderful weekend of rest 'n relaxation, lesse where my good mood takes me.  Maybe ends could meet.

First off, I was speakin to Mr. Dawn bout how his rulin wasn't incorrect, insomuch that the Japanese 'n English cards are both different.  Yes, FFG tried makin Wishin Lamp, Pegasus, 'n a whole other array of cards make sense, but it clearly came out incorrect (see cards:  Meg, Herc, 'n Hades for prime examples of this, along with the rulebook's 'version' of 'world friend' cards) and we needed an errata.  Mr. Dawn provided us with this errata, that claim'd any card that states a 'world', would also refer to 'world icons', makin certain cards much more playable.  In my statement to Mr. Dawn, I made the opinion that I don't believe the makers of this game would make useless cards. 

Followin this statement, Highjack stated that 'every single card game' makes useless cards, a statement that I cannot believe.  Not per sets, anyway.  I understand that Japan has what we know as 'coin cards', which are, but aren't entirely related, but can be played in the card game (note the many different Sora 'n Riku Player Cards).  FFG just so happen'd to add some (if not most) of these 'coin cards' in Set 3.  Does it mean they're useless?  Not really.  So for us to suddenly have a Wishin Lamp that only draws when you play an Agrabah World (not friend/dark card, mind you), or a Pegasus who does the same for Olym. Col. world, does this mean we have useless cards?  I still think not.  Yes, I know some card games have useless cards (American made Naruto cards, for example.  Ugh...), but I haven't found any card to be useless in Kingdom Hearts.  Especially after checkin up with the Japanese translations of the cards.  The Japanese have a unique bracket system that meant the whole card in itself (ie: anythin that stated whatever was in the bracket), not this 'quotes' 'n bold italic stuff.  But the way we have it translated through FFG makes certain cards 'useless', a fact that I will not accept of this game.  Hence why it'd be better to return to the original Japanese texts for the most accurate translations. 

Did I feel attack'd when Highjack stated this?  A bit, hence my return remark.  I wanted to make it very clear I know quite well the concepts of cards 'n card games, even if it wasn't in a nice manner.  Was I wrong in the way my remark was made?  Yes, to which I apologize.  However, I also wanted to make it very clear that out of a lot of card games I play, I haven't seen much, if anythin, wrong with the Kingdom Hearts TCG.  Not the original Japanese, at least.  But like a lot of games that are brought to America, translations get jibb'd, 'n slash'd.  Most of the cards ('n I mean a good 95%-99%) are very accurately translated.  Some are twisted so they're not bann'd anymore, 'n some are altogether incorrect (see previous post of bann'd 'n limit'd cards). 

With all said 'n done, I was attemptin to help Mr. Dawn understand that he was not in the wrong when he made his rulin.  He was not a fool in his decision, 'n neither was his rulin against the makers of the game (as we still don't know 100% if what FFG is doin is correct either).  All in all, I'd like this game to be the same great game as it has been, 'n continue to be as well.  But for that to happen, we need these erratas, 'n we need the correct erratas.  Moreso, we need what the Japanese had, more now than ever, really.  This could very well be a great game to keep playin, even after it has hit its final note.  But it'd be better to play it correctly, than for naught. 

im sorry but i dont feel changing wishing lamp and peg will help the game.  at my shop we banned the deck-the same thing about stall decks good idea though fairbanks- we just decided that anything that can break a card game is banned. im pretty sure tourny organizers can participate still and that a head judge will have final say.  you may be thinking how can you ban a deck  we based it off sportsmanship.  making wishing lamp and peg draw only when the world is played will make them useless and then wr is back to haveing almost nothing.  can you make it so that light players have to have win condition WR only and then if they use infinite loop tink just dq them. i know it could cause more problems in the future sets but with aggro having monstro, valor,seph, cave of wonders and wr having pretty much only wisdom form WR is as good as dead.  so i see a solution to the problem coming from individual players and thier organized play-not ffgs- maybe people and the shops they play at could work something out.  i thought of this deck b4 but i used some different cards aside from the agrahbah cards. i didnt relize it with the event card i was trying to make a stall deck to up fairbanks-i still cant get over that deck it was genius- and when i cycled through my deck and kept going i figured i could use more agrabah friends and cont it forever.  then i reliezed its a broke deck.  i could have brought it to the shop by my house and dominated but id rather not turn people away from the game and im a firm believer of winning isnt everything so i thought we should ban it. well thats my two cents

choitz:  I think our problem may be in how we define useless cards   To me if a card is not tournament playable it's useless.  In this regards halloween town sora is useless.  There's probably others but that's not the point.  I've played over a dozen card games (at least, it's hard to keep track after all this time) and every single one has cards that fit the bill under the above definition.  So I could see how we might be making completely different arguments that didn't really have anything to do with each other.   I can certainly buy into the idea that the original japanese game was better because as much as FFG seems to care about this I could believe that didn't focus that much, but at the same time, no offense, some guy on a forum telling me how things were in the original version just isn't going to hold weight with me.  I'm sure you have some sort of formal training, but translating anything between any 2 languages is such a tricky thing that it just seems a little far fetched you would have done a better job with it than the FFG team.  Please do not take this as an attack, it certainly is not, I'm just trying to define terms because I think this discussion has brought up a lot of interesting points.

capn: no offense, that's a terrible plan and is in no way better than formal errata.  It makes plenty of sense if you have a close knit group of people who play at your local shop and the head judge isn't a jerk and would be fair about things, but there's no way that could ever fly at an official FFG sanctioned event.  I agree with you that the deck isn't fun and would be a detriment to trying to get new players in, that's why I brought this up so that it could get fixed and there would be no worry about it.

EDIT:  choitz, that just isn't coming across how I wanted it to, I'm not gonna change it cause I want you to see it, but I'm really not trying to insult you or your knowledge of japanese, I just don't feel it's relevant to the discussion here.

im sorry but not to crush anyones hopes Kingdom hearts is not going to get any bigger than close knit groups at local shops.  FFG will never give it OP past sending promos to those shops.  the only thing remotly close to a sanctioned event is the tourny at gencon which WTTD is head judg, and hes been doing for at least the past 2 years with no one complaining about his judge style so idk.  an argument saying kingdom hearts can get decent op is pointless.  UFS has no op and its a stronger card game for FFG-i have no idea how it is but it is. that games "OP" is structured the same as KH FFG sends promos or whatever but ive never heard of a states or regionals or nationals or anythign for it.  they are tournys at gencon but thats it.  I was merely saying that a sloution is to ban "unsportmanship" decks or etc. idk possibly limit an infinite draw deck to 5 chars or sumthing.  i was checking my deck and i run 6 agrahbah worlds 5 friends and 2 W lamps. you dont draw a card for playing a wishing lamp on wishing lamp-right. i run aladdins for genie for magic and iago and abu becasue i feel they are pretty good cards.  so the most i can possible draw from them is 6 in 1 turn and thats if im lucky-5 friends 1 world- and then next turn i probably wont draw the 5 friends to repeat the process.  i dont cycle through my deck consistently but it happens every 2-3 turns and thats with bambi/kairi. i dont feel my deck is broke but it relies on the drawing to help it. ive lost plenty of times to aggro and other WR but i know without the extra little draw power i would be screwed.  i feel my WR is defenitly one of the top WR decks-outside of unsportmanship decks- and it would be a shame to make wishing lamp and peg useless becasue that could defenitly spell "the end" for world racer. i understand that you feel its a terrible plan im just saying its going to be hard to errata a card without making it useless yet not broke at the same time and keeping the game balanced.

capncrunch said:

UFS has no op

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

capncrunch said:

its a stronger card game for FFG-i have no idea how it is but it is

Because it had established OP and a fanbase in America, England and various other places BEFORE FFG bought out Sabertooth games?

capncrunch said:

that games "OP" is structured the same as KH FFG sends promos or whatever

Once again: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

This post isn't constructive in any manner. It's mostly here just to laugh at you. Please, take your time reading it over and enjoy yourself.

capncrunch said:

WTTD is head judg, and hes been doing for at least the past 2 years with no one complaining about his judge style so idk

I complained. I wasn't there though so I didn't count.

wow your a total ****

i went to orgins last year and i saw UFS i demoed it i liked it. i was tlaking to people who played it who entered the main tournys w/e what they described to me di not seem at all like op.  maybe my standards are a little high looking at pokemon and yugi but unless he was making it seem worse than it actually was-which i didnt think it was becasue he thought the whole thing was amazing- then my bad. i knew it had a decent fanbase but i meant to say that kingdom hearts is a much bigger name and could easily out-fanbase(dont know how to say that right) UFS if FFG did more with it. i didnt know it was made by another company first that FFG bought out.  apparantly the person working the booth thing for FFG-UFS did a terrible job advertising the game but from my perspective its op sucks.  so enlighten me on how their op works

as for WTTD i know alot of people complained about him but i didnt hear anyone complain about his rulings on cards at the event. personally i feel that most people who go to those already know the rulings and if he did have to make a ruling i didnt hear anthing about that. if you could tell me your complaint please id appreciate it.

ill make a topic in odds and ends so we dont waste more space in this thread

capncrunch said:

wow your a total ****

capncrunch said:

Thank you. It's good to know that I'm making the correct impression.

as for WTTD i know alot of people complained about him

Dude...I was joking. Dawn knows that him and me are tight, a'ight?

dood...capncrunch...calm down...I don't want another flame war in here, no one needs that...I knew Truffles was joking and that's all the matters, we be tight for sho. ^_^  He was just pointing out, in his own "charming" way, that your information was wrong, that's all.

As for people complaining...no one complained about me, they just didn't like some things I was saying about their friend, my judging ability and my personality were never in question, I'd like to think I'm incredibly well liked by 95% of the community here...I try my best to be anyway....sure I may be a **** sometimes, but who isn't? We all get angry from time to time, I apologized to those deserving and moved on, no need to bring it back up.

Back on topic though, I still need to talk with Trothael and Sora_Yagami about this deck and the cards it contains and how things should be handled...it's all a bit confusing right now and arguing about it will get us nowhere.  We'll have info for you guys soon I promise, feel free to continue discussing it though, any input on the matter helps as long as it's in a civil manner.

crunch asked if he would draw for playing wishing lamp over the other one and that would be a big NO in my book along with pegsus drawing when you play a new one. ill explain why now you have to discard the one in play to play the other one and they dont draw a card when there played cause there not in play to use the effect. if im wrong in my logic which is not very much then please correct me.

Highjack said:

In this regards halloween town sora is useless.  

I'm going to take the time here, to gaze at my bizarre prize from GenCon, specifically, the one neat set of framed Japanese cards.  They're the foils and promos from set 1 in Japan.  And there's a HT Sora.  He has 4 hp.  No other differences.  Apparently this was too good.

Just thought you guys would like to know :)

Fairbanks said:

Highjack said:

In this regards halloween town sora is useless.  

I'm going to take the time here, to gaze at my bizarre prize from GenCon, specifically, the one neat set of framed Japanese cards.  They're the foils and promos from set 1 in Japan.  And there's a HT Sora.  He has 4 hp.  No other differences.  Apparently this was too good.

Just thought you guys would like to know :)

O_O

....I...don't know what to say here....

The story goes as is:

Wishin Lamp came out in Set 4.  It's card text stated 'Equip this card to your Sora or Riku card.  Anytime you play an 'Agrabah' card, draw a card'.  As we read over it 'n its Japanese counterpart (along with several other cards from the set), we discovered the wordin issues that came with the cards.  Such insomuch to the point where we made a rulin that Wishin Lamp would draw a card for each card that had 'Agrabah' on it.  'N Set 4 came out with several cards with 'Agrabah' on it (friends, worlds, heartless, etc), 'n the draw potential was near infinite (thus this whole post origin).  Fast forward through the complaints 'n arguments 'n naggin from people wantin erratas, 'n ultimately we came down to the point where Wishin Lamp will only draw a card when you play the 'Agrabah' world card, ultimately makin it a nearly useless card altogether. 

Long story short:  Wishin Lamp isn't what it could be, or should be for that matter. 

As I like to say:  too many chiefs, not enough Indians.