Sign in to follow this  
KennedyHawk2

Rebel Spam

We have a local tournament coming up next week, I already won one a few weeks back so I am making up a more fun rebel build to run.

Here's my current plan. The goal was to incorporate a lot of Pierce (it tends to help me against Vader), between Luke, Mak, and Jyn I can hopefully knock Vader down a bit with Pierce... then the sabateurs can attack adjacent royal guards or what not to add onto the damage. I may drop the deflections for some more heavy weapon upgrades but I have to test it out first.

http://ia-armies.com/army/9nLXvRgG

RebelSpam  |  40 points

Deployment Cards
 ---------------------------
   ▪ Luke Skywalker
   ▪ Mak Eshka’rey
   ▪ Jyn Odan
   ▪ Gideon Argus
   Elite Rebel Saboteur
   Elite Rebel Saboteur
   Rebel Saboteur

Command Cards
 ------------------------
   Son of Skywalker
   Take it Down
   Inspiring Speech
   One in a Million
   Deflection
   Deflection
   Rally
   Planning
   Take Initiative
   Urgency
   Lock On
   Explosive Weaponry
   Fleet Footed
   Expose Weakness
   Element of Surprise

An interesting idea.  However, if you plan on going up against Vader or the Champion, remember that the Imp player will be running 2 or 3 Imp Officers.  They can get the Major hero as well as the royal guards into position quickly and attack your heroes just as fast.  What I am trying to say is that while your unique heroes do have a white die (for a 1/6th chance of a dodge)  they absorb less damage than what the Imps can, and generally have less health.  That means that your guys will die far to quickly.  

Or, worse yet, I am running Vader, Champion and Officer x3.  Turn one try and survive the combined firepower of Vader AND a Champion.....

An interesting idea.  However, if you plan on going up against Vader or the Champion, remember that the Imp player will be running 2 or 3 Imp Officers.  They can get the Major hero as well as the royal guards into position quickly and attack your heroes just as fast.  What I am trying to say is that while your unique heroes do have a white die (for a 1/6th chance of a dodge)  they absorb less damage than what the Imps can, and generally have less health.  That means that your guys will die far to quickly.  

Or, worse yet, I am running Vader, Champion and Officer x3.  Turn one try and survive the combined firepower of Vader AND a Champion.....

I would challenge a Vader and Champion build to take out a team turn 1 with regular officers, you still get usually at most two brutalities. The key I've found to taking on Vader is spreading your units out to avoid brutality (only doable with ranged) and hitting him with as much pierce as possible. We'll be testing this out this week If someone comes to me with a Vader/Champ/O/O/O build it's fairly easy to maneuver around them and just take all of the objectives. 5 figures can only be in so many places at once.

I would challenge a Vader and Champion build to take out a team turn 1 with regular officers, you still get usually at most two brutalities. The key I've found to taking on Vader is spreading your units out to avoid brutality (only doable with ranged) and hitting him with as much pierce as possible. We'll be testing this out this week If someone comes to me with a Vader/Champ/O/O/O build it's fairly easy to maneuver around them and just take all of the objectives. 5 figures can only be in so many places at once.

Yeah, I like that the Vader / RGC Brutality Bros uber tanky list is a thing.  I've got a tank-killer list that I didn't get a chance to run this last tournament but need to get some solid testing into.  When I do, I'll post it.

We have a local tournament coming up next week, I already won one a few weeks back so I am making up a more fun rebel build to run.

Here's my current plan. The goal was to incorporate a lot of Pierce (it tends to help me against Vader), between Luke, Mak, and Jyn I can hopefully knock Vader down a bit with Pierce... then the sabateurs can attack adjacent royal guards or what not to add onto the damage. I may drop the deflections for some more heavy weapon upgrades but I have to test it out first.

http://ia-armies.com/army/9nLXvRgG

RebelSpam  |  40 points

Deployment Cards

---------------------------

▪ Luke Skywalker

▪ Mak Eshka’rey

▪ Jyn Odan

▪ Gideon Argus

Elite Rebel Saboteur

Elite Rebel Saboteur

Rebel Saboteur

Command Cards

------------------------

Son of Skywalker

Take it Down

Inspiring Speech

One in a Million

Deflection

Deflection

Rally

Planning

Take Initiative

Urgency

Lock On

Explosive Weaponry

Fleet Footed

Expose Weakness

Element of Surprise

Love the list and the flavour.  Nice to see that there are viable solid options coming out of the woodwork for Rebels.  Now mercs need their day in the sun.