Sign in to follow this  
9thimmortal

Seattle Regional 9/26/09

Hey all,

Time for my annual aGoT blow out!  Everything must go! :)  Out of my beer fridge that is.

Usually it is earlier in the year, but that didnt' work this year.  So, we are having it this fall.  9/26/09 to be precise. 

For those of you who don't know, we have a great time.  My wife is vacating out wonderful, pretty big house (I married well, as do we all) and we play both at www.firstpickgames.com and after that at my house.  It is a blast at both locals, especially the 3am playing after a few drinks and Best of Will Farrell (if the moon was made of spare ribs, would you eat it...it is a simple quesiton). 

I am pretty sure I have a little Cali coming up, and hopefully Oregon.  Then we have our Washington folks, and hopefully Canada.  Lastly, even Luke made...lukewarm comments about making it.  But I would love to have EVERYONE to enjoy Seattle in September (sleepless?).

We will also play with CoC (never get old) and Warhammer if it is out in time.

Thanks!

Matt.

Binder - this will be a Friday night, Saturday day, Saturday night, thing.  And please, get all dolled up if possible.  you know the shade of lipstick I like.

Red - ~stop trolling!  :)  j/k - it was to be a regional until a couple of weeks ago.  Now it is just going to be a larger tourney w/ full FFG support (Nate's approximate words, w/o looking at the e-mail).  Not sure what that means.

But i will be supporting it fully:

PRIZES SO FAR:

Uncut sheet of cards.

Lots of old product to do with what you wish.

New product.

Signed GRRM stuff if I can dig it up :)

Free x-box/wii time at the store the entire time.

Sleeves.

Free ...drinks...at my house Friday/Saturday night.

I have CA coming, OR it sounds like, maybe some Canada, and of course Washington.  Hope to get more!

Matt,

Binder and I are in. We're not sure if we're driving up Friday night or Saturday morning. Friday night is tough since we'd be battling traffic and wouldn't get in until late.

If Binder plays Greyjoy I won't guarantee he's got a ride home so someone might have to give him a lift or at least bus fare.

What kind of events are we looking at? LCG for sure. Classic? Multi?

rings said:

Red - ~stop trolling!  :)  j/k - it was to be a regional until a couple of weeks ago.  Now it is just going to be a larger tourney w/ full FFG support (Nate's approximate words, w/o looking at the e-mail).  Not sure what that means.

Heh. Honestly, just asking for my edification. The Kingsmoot was never an official regional tournament partly b/c it didn't gel until after the stated application deadline and partly b/c there apparently wasn't anything concrete to apply for with OP, including regionals, in flux.  But in the heading for the article about it that FFG just posted, they referred to it as a "regional event", ~so you may continue to call yours the same without any further grief from me. gui%C3%B1o.gif

myersd37 said:

Matt,

Binder and I are in. We're not sure if we're driving up Friday night or Saturday morning. Friday night is tough since we'd be battling traffic and wouldn't get in until late.

If Binder plays Greyjoy I won't guarantee he's got a ride home so someone might have to give him a lift or at least bus fare.

What kind of events are we looking at? LCG for sure. Classic? Multi?

We would love to see you Friday, but just come by the house and 'party' with the oldies.  Come late if you are too wussy to handle traffic.  :)

Now, we are officially the 'Struggle for Lannisport" tourney (at least that is what it will say on the banner!) since we are on the West Coast.

On events, the Joust will be on Saturday.  Multi Saturday night with something cold in hand (maybe even special rules regarding them?).  Friday might be the cube draft.  Standard and Classic can be on the list as well - we have all sorts of options!  :)

greybinder said:

Okay...rules clarification.  If i have a better record than Myers in the joust can we make him play Greyjoy or Martell in the multi?

aloha,

binder

Sure, we can even make him wear a dress...but that wouldn't be much of a disappoinment for him...

Nickchat - we will make a deck for sure...is Dragon Flight still legal?  How about Queen of Love and Beauty?  :)

Deathjester26 said:

With bells on baby!  Got my plane tickets!

Whoa, if Deathjester26 is going to go for sure, I will try to get my plane tickets this week as well.

Rings,

I spoke with you quite a while ago elsewhere as "Bittersteel", unfortunately I missed Kubla but will try to make it up to Seattle. Could you provide info on times and locations so I can plan a place to stay? Thank you much.

It is the weekend of the 26th, although Friday a lot of people are coming in (the 25th).  The airport is Seattle-Tacoma (SeaTac) and I will be picking people up if possible - I already have 2 coming in at about 2-2.30. 

You can stay at my house, it is pretty big and the family is out until Sunday afternoon.  I can't guarantee you get a bed though, so if you want that, any hotel downtown or next to University of Washington is close to all the events.  Chaos is making it as well from your meta. 

PM me if you need more info!

Hope to see you there!

MAtt.

rings said:

greybinder said:

Okay...rules clarification.  If i have a better record than Myers in the joust can we make him play Greyjoy or Martell in the multi?

aloha,

binder

Sure, we can even make him wear a dress...but that wouldn't be much of a disappoinment for him...

Nickchat - we will make a deck for sure...is Dragon Flight still legal?  How about Queen of Love and Beauty?  :)

It's Taking Flight, not Dragon flight! HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO TRUST YOU TO MAKE ME A DECK WHEN YOU CAN'T EVEN REMEMBER THE NAME OF MY FAVORITE CARD!!!!

COPY OF MY E-MAIL TO PEOPLE PLANNING ON COMING

Another couple of adds for people, and a rundown of the ‘regionals’ this weekend. First, since there are no regionals, FFG has christened this the “Struggle for Lannisport” since we are on the West Coast and…well…Lanni rocks.

Wednesday (9/23):

I will be at the store from about 3.00pm until 6.00pm if anyone wants to visit! Messing with my aGoT and Warhammer LCG mostly ?

Friday (9/25):

Picking people up from the airport as long as it is early afternoon or after. I know I have a couple coming in at about 2.00 regardless. In the afternoon we will probably hit First Pick Games for casual playing, and maybe something structured like a cube draft (or regular draft if we can figure out rules, it isn’t like I don’t have a ton of old packs!). Back to my house later for more gaming, but getting plenty of rest for the big day ;)

Saturday (9/26):

The Joust starts promptly at 1.00pm (you hear that Mr. Loe – promptly!). # of rounds and finals will depend on # of players. It will be $5/person entry and everyone is at least guaranteed a chapter pack (value - $10). I will, of course, have plenty of other prizes as well.

Right after the draft will be the gaming, drinking, laughing, X-boxing, Best of Saturday Night Live extravaganza like every year. Probably a multi-player tourney or two that night, and I will have prizes…of some sort or another ? I expect us to be there at about 7 or 7.30 and it has gone to 4-5 in the morning in the past (not me, I just heard…). Of course I despise multi-player (okay, maybe not that harsh) so will be playing other games with people – Warhammer, Full Metal Alchemist, Deadlands, L5R Open, Magi-Nation, Harry Potter…really the possibilities are endless for crappy dead games. I know some of you are anti-social and just come to the Regionals – but seriously we have a great time…even the guy from Victoria had a good time last year ? ~Just watch out for the Portland crew…they get ‘touchy-feely’ after a couple of drinks. I supply a lot of different kinds of booze (to those who are of legal age), but feel free to bring something if you are particular. Everyone is welcome to crash at the house, the main guest room is the only one that I have allowed a reservation (hey, he is bringing his wife from CA…who beat my butt in multi at Kubla…she deserves it!).

Address:

*Withheld here - PM or email me if you need it!*

Sunday I have always scheduled something, and it has never happened. I am not even going to try. The house will be open until mid-afternoon or longer if you are nice to my family ? I will be taking people to the airport where applicable (i.e. not leaving at 4 in the morning).

Hope to see everyone there! We always have a great time, regardless of the # of players. Not as many CA people this time (maybe 4-5, instead of the usual 10+) but we have OR, WA, and hopefully Canada. Everyone is welcome, so feel free to bring a friend.

Please call or write me with any questions or comments!

Hi rings,

could you please provide the address for the event on saturday?

Turns out I will be driving up (leaving tonight since I have to stop in Portland on Thursday) so I will coming into Seattle on Friday.

rings said:

Just go to www.firstpickgames.com for address and map.  I will be there on Friday for a bit (then my house at night - are you staying both nights?), and all day Saturday for the main event. 

HI rings,

Currently I am in Vancouver, Wa. I will getting to First Pick Games in the afternoon, I would guess between 2-4 sometime so I will wait for everyone there if no one is there when I arrive. I will be staying Friday night (I can sleep in my car or on floor) and will be there all day Saturday for Thrones but depending on how tired I am I will probably leave late Saturday night (Deathjester style ;) to get back to Portland by noon on Sunday. Thanks

[QuOTE efidm=199715

It's Taking Flight, not Dragon flight! HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO TRUST YOU TO MAKE ME A DECK WHEN YOU CAN'T EVEN REMEMBER THE NAME OF MY FAVORITE CARD!!!!

Seattle Regionals was great fun.

Too bad Pyke and Littlefinger's Meddling ruined the competition.