Sign in to follow this  
StarBurn

Expansions and Number of Players

okay...so seriously....I use all expansions and this still confuses me.

I have 3 expansions...so a 5 player game would be considered to have only 3 players.

"This modified number of players is
used for such things as
the monster limit and the maximum
number of gates that can be open at once, and it reduces
the level of difficulty for the players since they have so
much more ground to cover."

So to what does this actually apply... because the notion of "is used for such things as" adds a lot of ambiguity... If it would only wanted to modify the monster limit, or maximum number of gates ...I would of said a straight-forward "its used for". So what do you use it for ? and what should it be used for?

StarBurn said:

okay...so seriously....I use all expansions and this still confuses me.

I have 3 expansions...so a 5 player game would be considered to have only 3 players.

"This modified number of players is
used for such things as
the monster limit and the maximum
number of gates that can be open at once, and it reduces
the level of difficulty for the players since they have so
much more ground to cover."

So to what does this actually apply... because the notion of "is used for such things as" adds a lot of ambiguity... If it would only wanted to modify the monster limit, or maximum number of gates ...I would of said a straight-forward "its used for". So what do you use it for ? and what should it be used for?

Yo. Well it's quite simple.

It does affect everything that is related to the number of players ; that is, yes, the monster limit, the gates limit, the successes during Final Battle, all that stuff...

Be careful not to forget that it only applies to BOARD exps, right ? You didn't count Curse, Black or Yellow into your exps, I presume. Cheers.

Hem said:

It does affect everything that is related to the number of players ; that is, yes, the monster limit, the gates limit, the successes during Final Battle, all that stuff...

Be careful not to forget that it only applies to BOARD exps, right ? You didn't count Curse, Black or Yellow into your exps, I presume. Cheers.

Doesn't affect Final Combat, that has been clarified. In fact, it is the only clarification we have so far on what isn't affected by the reduced number. Everything else is currently fair game.

..and don't forget to apply the rule that if you are using Dunwich and Innmouth together then this adds a further 1 to the number of open gates needed for the AO to awaken.

Its listed in the rule book (Innmouth) p6, under combining expansions..