Sign in to follow this  
MrDodger

Deck boxes for the mini cards (UK). Anyone?

Try Talisman forums and Arkham horror, Descent and many others the first two will be the best start IA is still new and so there wont be a lot of thinking yet on storage solutions unless they cross over from other games.

Amazon sell a holder but its like £13 for 60 cards or something.

I use the same box I hold the components for swing mini game in like a nail sorting box from B&Q, have done home made both will let you set the number of cards and I know many mini carrying cases have limited solutions as well.

Sorry couldn't be more helpful

Edited by Lilikin

Actaully, on this line of thinking...do they (they being anyone) make Mini Card Sheets? You know, like the sheets of plastic that fit in binders?

Not to my own or the FLGS's knowledge. My gaming group all use either UltraPro or Monster side loaded binders (for Magic etc. ) and simply slide 2 mini cards in a pocket. Works best with sleeves mini cards.

I know someone uses binders/sheets for coin collecting but haven't tried that myself

I have gone to the local office supply store and found plastic binder sheets for business cards. you can fit 10 mini cards per side and can fit multiples in each space without stretching the plastic. I have used these for the Command Cards and the upgrade cards for X-Wing.

BGG has plans for download to make boxes for Armada cards but can also be used for command cards in IAhttp://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/116182/tuckboxcollection

Apparently those aren't the answer nor the boxes he was looking for ;/)https://imgflip.com/i/k3mv3

Very good sir, very good :)

Actaully, on this line of thinking...do they (they being anyone) make Mini Card Sheets? You know, like the sheets of plastic that fit in binders?

Actually, yes. I have some for all the upgrades in x-wing. They're not ideal though, as the cards fit very snugly (can't be sleeved) and the first column of pockets are too narrow. Also you'd need a special binder, as the standard ones have the holes in the wrong places.

I get mine from an eBay seller in the UK, if that's any good?

http://imgur.com/1IVb5xn

And to answer my own OP, I'm starting to think normal deck boxes will be the answer, I can't find mini sized ones anywhere.

Edited by MrDodger

I tried a business card holder for the Upgrade cards for X-Wing, and ended up going with something else because they were just a little too tight a fit. I tore several of the slots trying to get the card in and out. Now I'm using a regular card sleeve pages and putting them in sideways.

The mini cards are half the size of regular gaming cards (e.g. Magic, or X-Wing pilot cards). That means you can fit two mini cards, sideways, in the same space as one CCG card.

Get the cardboard boxes that normally hold CCG cards lying down, on edge. If you put a thin divider down the middle (like cereal box card), you can do two rows of mini cards instead of one row of normal cards.

- H8

I use an Ultra Pro binder. It's side loading so stuff doesn't fall out, and it has a nice 'grippy' surface inside the compartments. Sideloading also means you can place the upgrade cards in sideways and get them in and out easily. 

It says it can hold 360 cards, but it can hold even more than that. At last count, I own 53 ships. 

My one binder, holds every single unique pilot card, all the generics, sorted by PS and faction, every upgrade card I own, all of my maneuver cards (50ish cards) and some of the reference cards for bombs, S-loop etc. 

All of the cards are sleeved. I've probably got something like 5-10 pages still empty - plenty of room for expansion.

It's brilliant having every single card for the game all in one place. (It never leaves the house though!)

Thanks jonboyjon, may well have to check those out :)

No worries. 

Also another bonus of binders is that it allows you to 'browse' your cards - you can easily find/look at cards and compare abilities and points values. Very helpful in list-building. You also might see cards you've never previously considered. I find that when I store cards in deckboxes, you don't tend to browse them that often.