Sign in to follow this  
Totengraber

Can I still use my CCG cards with the LCG cards?

As mentioned, not for organised play, but for friendly games no real problems.

You will need to sleeve the cards as the backs are different, and some of the mechanics such as Day and Night have not yet introduced into the lcg,

Suppose it depends on where and who you are playing.

WilyC

Wow, the professor, first ever I'd heard that CCG versions of LCG reprints were allowed at gencon. That's nice to hear. And surprising. Never has the distinction been made between LCG reprints and LCG altered core cards. Like Clarney and Anthropology Advisor, there are a few such cards. Those with image changes aren't a factor, like Shub and Trigger Man, and would be cool to switch out, just to have a CCG card in play. How did this play out? Did someone ask in advance, or did they find out when the card emerged and was pointed out by opponent, or what.

Well, I never actually heard the official ruling on this.  I didn't face the player directly, so never had the opportunity to explore it.  But I saw him playing in the final four round, and the black borders were evident.

I suspect that he spoke to the TO, showed him which cards he was using, and they were confirmed to be reprinted in the LCG set.  Since it was the final four, I know that it was evaluated - something shady would not have been permitted.  Everything was very up and up and scrutinized.

Yes. I discussed it with Nate the day before Worlds and he was fine with players using black bordered cards that were reprinted in the Core Set, so long as nothing had changed with the reprint.