Sign in to follow this  
kinnison

Tabletop day

I didn't know there was a Tabletop Day!

Yep. It was started by Felicia Day and Wil Wheaton who run the youtube channel, Geek & Sundry, about 2 years ago (making this the third such year it was run) where they encourage people to find some place public and get together with other people to hangout and play boardgames. They sell tickets to their event in LA (I'm guessing to help control the size of the crowd and offset some of the cost of renting the place). They also do livestreams of them playing games, much like the Thursday releases of TableTop on the channel.

I just wish Wil would shut up about how "he always loses" on the show, when stats show he wins about how often you'd expect someone to win when playing with/against 3 or 4 other people.

I just wish Wil would shut up about how "he always loses" on the show, when stats show he wins about how often you'd expect someone to win when playing with/against 3 or 4 other people.

I suspect it's intended to be funny as he looses 'often' even though it's his show and he is supposed to be a boardgame master or some such. I only watch it once in a while, when there is a guest I think will be interesting or a game I'd like to see getting played. But I imagine it could certainly get old.

It might also be intended to make those guests that are also on the loosing side feel less bad, after all he 'always' loses too.

The best people to play against, or even learn a game, was with a person who always lost.

The joke in one game company I did demo's for was one of the best at doing demo's never won a game, but made it look good.

Still have fond memories of doing a HeroClix demo with a 8 year old kid.  In the End it was a 1v1 with his Sabertooth, and my wolverine.

Yep. It was started by Felicia Day and Wil Wheaton who run the youtube channel, Geek & Sundry, about 2 years ago (making this the third such year it was run) where they encourage people to find some place public and get together with other people to hangout and play boardgames. They sell tickets to their event in LA (I'm guessing to help control the size of the crowd and offset some of the cost of renting the place). They also do livestreams of them playing games, much like the Thursday releases of TableTop on the channel.

Created by two overrated 'showbiz' personalities? PASS

Created by two overrated 'showbiz' personalities? PASS

So you don't like charity events that result in money and games being given to children's charities?

Because that's what Will and Felicia do for every event registered on the site - each event is another donation, and there were events on all 7 continents this year (yes, even Antarctica).