Sign in to follow this  
AldousSnow

Ark Angel

Large base ship. Scum or imperial... Not sure yet. Front and rear firing arc. And if you read the comic, the number of interesting pilots/ crew members is amazing. Not gonna spoil for anyone.

Edited by AldousSnow

Looks interesting. Those 4 dual turbolasers look like they pack a punch, too. The engine arrangement is cool and unique. I like this ship. Oh yeah, and the paint job is epic!

And that top "canon" too. I feel like range 1 is a bad place to be when facing off against this ship.

Looks interesting. Those 4 dual turbolasers look like they pack a punch, too. The engine arrangement is cool and unique. I like this ship. Oh yeah, and the paint job is epic!

And that top "canon" too. I feel like range 1 is a bad place to be when facing off against this ship.

Didn't notice that the first time. The duals would also make it not fun at R3.

Is this comic series good? Worth getting into?

Marvel put out 3 nearly at the same time. Star Wars, Princess Leia, and Darth Vader. They are all intertwined and currently set between episode 4 and 5. None have gone beyond issue 4 yet. I think they are all amazing, but if I had to recommend one, it would be Vader. It sets him as a lone wolf after his failure with the Death Star. Two thumbs up.

what is going on with the back of the ship? the engines are pointed one way.  there's an antenna array pointed the other? i don't understand this ship at all

The engines are symmetrical, it's just the perspective that makes them look weird. But you can see a little slice of the port-side engine on the right side of the artwork.

The asymmetrical sensor thingy is a little weird, but it also looks like it might be on a "turret" that can aim it in different directions. There looks to be another asymmetrical radar dish thing, too... but the Falcon rocked the same look.

Edited by Gibarian

Is this comic series good? Worth getting into?

Star Wars is good. The Darth Vader comic is amazing!
Kieron motherhugging Gillen writing Darth motherhugging Vader was kind of a can't-miss concept, to be fair.

I think I kind of love the Ark Angel, but I think I'd need to see it without the TIE advanced docked with it. I agree with other people, I immediately thought "Firespray" at first glance.

Edited by Rodafowa

oh oh .  i thiought that was part of the ship.  Ugh.  ambiguous design.  it looks like a mishmash

Probably because it is. Given what I've seen of Aphra so far (only one issue), I am wiling to bet her ship is heavily modified. Especially in the weaponry department. I do want to see the Ark Angel in this game. If it includes an Aphra, 000, or BT-1 pilot, all the better.