Sign in to follow this  
Darthvegeta800

Price vs quantity/quality

Tannhauser has intrigued me for ages.
I especially love the design of The Reich. (yes i'm an evil man)

But the price makes me frown. If you look at the content FFG tends to deliver then the limited nr of figures and other stuff in the basic box doesn't seem to make it worth the purchase. Granted with the add-on you have far more. And my brother would probably prefer the Russians but that box too is quite excessively priced.

How worthwhile is it? How much content is there in the basic box longtermwise? I read about a campaign system... how does it work?
Thanks for the info!

Darthvegeta800 said:

I read about a campaign system... how does it work?

The only one official campaign available is in the Daedalus box but it's nothing but a list of scenarios...

Anyway, you can build scenarios and furthermore campaigns using the objective tokens (main objective requiring 2 skills, secondary objective requiring 1 skill) provided in each "big box"... or not.

Some equipment tokens have a year on them. If your campaign respects a certain timeline, you can say items aren't available until the year they appear in the game's history :)

Dunno if what i've said is clear...

While it's true that the first "true" campaign appear in Daedalus, there is a serie of 3 scenarios in Operation Novgorod who are linked to the Svarog Project.

Also other scenarios do exists: One in each single pack and a few others on the FFG website.

There's also a number of fan made scenarios you'll be able to download over the internet. Check the Tannbunker of the Black sheep archives.

Darthvegeta800 said:

Any idea when packs with more soldiers might come out? So i can field more than one?

Depends on FFG good will.

The planned troop pack (before Tannhauser sellout) was expected to add one of each type of troop for all three factions. Matriarchy would have had 4 extra voivods. It would also have new equipement token in addition to those found in the base set.