Sign in to follow this  
Tallgeese

Rules Question: Playing Units To Burned Areas

Got to play the game in the flesh for the first time last night and despite being totally robbed twice I lurve the game!! happy.gif

One thing that came up though is can you play units to a burned area and still receive the effect? So for example, can I still play a unit to the Quest area and still benefit from increased card draw or does the effect go with the crumbling walls?

Tallgeese said:

Got to play the game in the flesh for the first time last night and despite being totally robbed twice I lurve the game!! happy.gif

One thing that came up though is can you play units to a burned area and still receive the effect? So for example, can I still play a unit to the Quest area and still benefit from increased card draw or does the effect go with the crumbling walls?

Hey there!

There is no penalty for playing anything to a burning zone at all. Feel free to abuse the zone as much as you want still :)

Osiris

Tallgeese said:

The only problem will be that they can't soak up indirect damage...

Yeah so no penalties as of yet!

However it does leave a massive design space for cards that trigger (or cease to trigger) when a player controls a burning zone. We even have a sneak preview of some potential mechanics with one of the dwarf characters :)

So....... your from England...How did you get to play!! JEALOUS!! :o

Osiris

Osiris said:

Osiris

I work for the company that will be distributing the game in the UK and Europe, my boss brought a copy back from GenCon and it accidently went home with me................happy.gif

Tallgeese said:

Osiris said:

Osiris

I work for the company that will be distributing the game in the UK and Europe, my boss brought a copy back from GenCon and it accidently went home with me................happy.gif

Okay so I'm slowly turning GREEN!!!! sorpresa.gif

Tallgeese said:

Osiris said:

Osiris

Any chance of it "accidentally" making it to the Tekken release event? Hint Hint gui%C3%B1o.gif

ChaosChild said:

Tallgeese said:

Osiris said:

Osiris

Any chance of it "accidentally" making it to the Tekken release event? Hint Hint gui%C3%B1o.gif

Hmmm, I will see what I can do, but I'm pretty sure I can have it in the shop that weekend................gran_risa.gif

Tallgeese said:

I am wondering, if Heidelberger Spieleverlag is not doing it in Germany. Or dont you mean full europe?

jogo said:

Tallgeese said:

I am wondering, if Heidelberger Spieleverlag is not doing it in Germany. Or dont you mean full europe?

We deal with shops all over Europe, but I'm sure Heidelberger, Millennium, etc., will also be shipping the game.