Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Darkrai848

Will thay make a 5th series of kingdom hearts trading cards?

Recommended Posts

Roxas said:

FFG lacks the ability to actually sustain a card game let alone create a new set.

I disagree with the statement. FFG sustains and has created new stuff. Just look at the LCG genre and UFS. The reason why KH gets no love is because it is not getting popular appeal.

I think the issue with FFG not creating new content is simply because I don't think they have the creative license to do so, only the license to reprint what has already been made.

 

BTW. How is this card game compared to other card games? I was going to purchase some booster boxes from the holiday sale...but I doubt I'd have anyone to play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This game has seriously plumetted compared to other games. And FFG, You have my permission to use my Zexion Card -related ideas... speaking of which, with 358/2 days out, shouldn't they make more Play Arts? I want a Zexion Play Arts with PaperCut Action. Lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not neccasarily...if you haven't noticed, so far they only made the major characters, and Axel, being a friend to Roxas, is the most imprtant Organization member besides Roxas himself. They may make a Xion action figure, but I doubt it. As of now, they are making the Christmastown Sora and the original King Mickey, the one in the red, yellow, and white. If they did make the organization members, Zexion would be clsoe to the bottom I presume, with Xemnas, Marluxia, Vexen, and Saix playing a bigger role than he.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FiendishDevil said:

Roxas said:

 

FFG lacks the ability to actually sustain a card game let alone create a new set.

 

 

I disagree with the statement. FFG sustains and has created new stuff. Just look at the LCG genre and UFS. The reason why KH gets no love is because it is not getting popular appeal.

I think the issue with FFG not creating new content is simply because I don't think they have the creative license to do so, only the license to reprint what has already been made.

 

BTW. How is this card game compared to other card games? I was going to purchase some booster boxes from the holiday sale...but I doubt I'd have anyone to play.

 

Compared to other games is a tough call really.  There are certainly better games in terms of Rulings and Card Effects being correct, as well as a bit more depth.  But in terms of fun and just to have a good time and mess around with, I think KH has other games beat hands down.

This is ultimately what I believe to be KH's problem.  It's more fun and simple than it is deep and competative...thus turning off a good portion of the so called "competative types" who usually make a CCG popular.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well to let you know japan has a fifth set "Endless Darkness" and i was really hoping to hear that this wasnt a dead game anymore but i seems that i had my hopes to high in the sky. o well.

still would dig starting a tourney up tho. monthly perhaps?? i dunno dumb idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WayToTheDawn said:

FiendishDevil said:

 

Roxas said:

 

FFG lacks the ability to actually sustain a card game let alone create a new set.

 

 

I disagree with the statement. FFG sustains and has created new stuff. Just look at the LCG genre and UFS. The reason why KH gets no love is because it is not getting popular appeal.

I think the issue with FFG not creating new content is simply because I don't think they have the creative license to do so, only the license to reprint what has already been made.

 

BTW. How is this card game compared to other card games? I was going to purchase some booster boxes from the holiday sale...but I doubt I'd have anyone to play.

 

 

 

Compared to other games is a tough call really.  There are certainly better games in terms of Rulings and Card Effects being correct, as well as a bit more depth.  But in terms of fun and just to have a good time and mess around with, I think KH has other games beat hands down.

This is ultimately what I believe to be KH's problem.  It's more fun and simple than it is deep and competative...thus turning off a good portion of the so called "competative types" who usually make a CCG popular.

I would also like to add that UFS was mostly setup by Sabortooth Games (it's original owner before FFG brought it). So far it's just been translating (other than a few cards whose original texts were changed to make them playable thus avoiding a banned list. 

I like KH since it makes it more playable to everyone, but as Mr Dawn said it lacks competitiveness that comes with the other games and the support other games get. I don't get the rush playing KH as I once did or as I do when I play YGO.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Darth_Scyon said:

well to let you know japan has a fifth set "Endless Darkness" and i was really hoping to hear that this wasnt a dead game anymore but i seems that i had my hopes to high in the sky. o well.

still would dig starting a tourney up tho. monthly perhaps?? i dunno dumb idea.

Japan had 7 Sets total...but we're coming up on the last bit of Japanese Cards since we've been combining them.  I wouldn't be surprised if OUR set 5 is the last of them.  Japan's sets are irrelevant at this point.

I don't believe wanting to start a monthly tournament at your local shop is "dumb" persay...it'll just be tough selling a dying/dead game to the shop owner...I've been told they are at least releasing all the cards, so as I mentioned above, we'll probably get one more set...so maybe that would entice someone to play?  I'm out of ideas at this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...