Sign in to follow this  
Gizlivadi

What faction is there left?

I think we'll eventually get a coastal cycle (focus could be Noldor and Gondor, heroes and deluxe box would be a bit like Voice of Isengard), a cycle set in Northern Rhovanion with drakes and hopefully even a dragon (final boss fight), player cards could be dwarves (though they would have to be special or something), Mirkwood and Dale, and a cycle set in the southeast, Harad, Rhun, etc. 

I like the idea that this thread may give extra inspiration to ffg (not that i think they need it) just in case they wonder if content may dry up. This thread does prove there are plenty plenty ideas still to go at for some time. :)

Speaking of FFG, have you ever seen the designers getting involved in the threads? I am new here and have no idea. 

I would love to know whether this discussion reaches them.

Besides the limited number of factions, I believe that even the most developed ones can get additional attention (i.e. dwarves). 

Speaking of FFG, have you ever seen the designers getting involved in the threads? I am new here and have no idea. 

I would love to know whether this discussion reaches them.

I don't believe that any designer has ever posted on the forums, but they have (I think) stated that they look at them.

Feonix has posted a few times I believe. He replied to a comment I made when the new errata came out.

This is correct and Caleb even mentioned in an interview that he does follow the boards and the decks in order to build against them. Since he is essentially our competition in this game that's a good thing. Imagine if the encounter deck wasn't competitive against the current player decks?

I don't want there to be the weird situations that I hear of in Warhammer: Conquest where a spaceship is attacking some guy on the ground. etc...

Acually, that's in Star Wars LCG. :)

Actually, that's in both of them.

Unless you count atmospheric aircraft (or aircraft able to be used both in space and on a planet), then I've yet to see one.

'Wild' Hobbits (that don't live in the Shire or Bree) Tolkien had a word for them, but I forgot, Elves of Lindon, Harbor Elves. 'Sub' dwarves (like silvan and Noldor): Erebor, Iron Hills, Blue Mountains. Is the whole of Rhûn evil? Aragorn once went there to hunt for cattle, didn't he?

I doubt we will ever see the dwarves split, we already have representatives of all Erebor, Iron Hills and Blue Mountains under the same trait - Dwarf. However, if there will ever be a second ediiton of LotR LCG, like there was for the game of thrones, I think the new Dwarven traits will be split this time, like elven ones.

I dont in any way want a second edition or reboot. Already invested a decent chunk of money on this wonderful product. I read somewhere they felt GOT had some early design issues that were hard to errata thus the reboot, wheras by the time of lotr they were more experienced, so id hope a new edition wont ever happen. (Though other ffg games have been rebooted at times eg descent).

I doubt id buy product for asecond edition but will certainly buy everything they release for this current version as long as they keep printing. 

I dont in any way want a second edition or reboot. Already invested a decent chunk of money on this wonderful product. I read somewhere they felt GOT had some early design issues that were hard to errata thus the reboot, wheras by the time of lotr they were more experienced, so id hope a new edition wont ever happen. (Though other ffg games have been rebooted at times eg descent).

I doubt id buy product for asecond edition but will certainly buy everything they release for this current version as long as they keep printing.

When I read that this was happening to GOT I immediatelly thought that the same is going to eventually happen for LOTR. It's in the whole FFG spirit to reboot franchises. However, it's way to early for something like this. And as you said, they are more experienced now and might possibly avoid such a reboot. For the moment enjoy the game!