Sign in to follow this  
Hybrid

!!Spoilers!! Twilight Horror

I hope that I'm not stepping on any toes (future articles) by spoiling some 'Twilight Horror' cards! preocupado.gif

I'll leave it to others to spoil more. Enjoy!

Hastur Event

Cost 1    Sweet Dreams...

Madness

Play only if it is Night.

Action: Until the end of the phase, T icons do

not protect characters from insanity.

But what frightens the frighteners?

Yogsothoth Event

Cost 2     Twilight Gate

Action: Choose a non-Ancient One character

card attached to one of your domains as a resource.

Put that card into play under your control. If that character

is still in play at the end of the phase, attach it to any

of your domains as a resource.

Neutral Character

Cost    Furtive Zoog

A

Skill 2      Zoog. Creature.

If it is Day, Furtive Zoog gains I.

If it is Night, Furtive Zoog gains T.

Response: After you drain a domain to which Furtive Zoog is attached

as a resourse, unattach Furtive Zoog from that domain and put it into play.

Just a warning: despite what's written in its textbox, Twilight Gate CAN be used to put into play Ancient One characters, it just need them to not have the Zoog resource symbol:

(LCG FAQ 1.0, pag. 10)

A card attached to a domain as a
resource does not have a text box, unless
the card has a Zoog resource symbol

Without textbox, of whom subtypes are part, no (non-Zoog resource symbol) card can be an Ancient One.

And thanks for the spoilers.

I like both hastur events, they look very promising!

And shub's cannibal, suicide-black like creature :)

I'm also dissapinted, that we have only one gug in this AP... I really wish there were more (keep in mind  - slavering gugu do not have subtype gug :(... maybe we will see errata to this card?? )

May the Day / Night mechanic be good to us. That's my hope. Eight cards are night / day dependent. Zoogs and Dreamers are introduced. Bokrug gets some Ib love. Two night cards, two day cards, all neutrals. The classic mythos dynamic that affects all play is nice. The 120 Dreamlands cards could be enough to flesh it all out. The humans all cost 3. Night Shift - only sweeping events get through to Agency and friends...at night. Twila triggers stories, which is huge...at night...for MU. Gry is beefy...while day.  Flood Lights look strong in this meta for 1 cost . Two Hastur Madness is great in itself by taking both slots. Yog's appropriate resourced character recursion Event is for real. Zoogs, speaking of resource recursion pop up for free with 2 skill and investigate, with day night bennies.

Carioz said:

Just a warning: despite what's written in its textbox, Twilight Gate CAN be used to put into play Ancient One characters, it just need them to not have the Zoog resource symbol:

(LCG FAQ 1.0, pag. 10)

A card attached to a domain as a
resource does not have a text box, unless
the card has a Zoog resource symbol

Without textbox, of whom subtypes are part, no (non-Zoog resource symbol) card can be an Ancient One.

And thanks for the spoilers.

If a card specificialy mention that you ought to do something or forbid something, you must follow the card instead of following the rules. GOlden Rules. And this one specificially mention that you can't. In case you try to put a character in play, but this one appears to be an ancient one, it wont works and you return to previous statu quo ante !

Not really: can you use Yig on a blanked Y'golonac? Yes, then you could use this.

But I have enquired Nate and it looks like the card will end in the nex faq.

Nate wrote:

"For Twilight Gate to resolve, the targeting restriction must be met. This will probably warrant an FAQ entry explaining that playing Twilight Gate allows for a subtype check on the resource card you are attempting to target with its effect. "

Twilight Gate can't distiguish between resources,or card effect overides game rules, is the argument. While all valid, this is not a case of intended versus actual actions. It's more of an intended action versus Twilight Gate taking up a deck and hand slot, draining two resources, and playing a card that does absolutely nothing. Nate's ruling and casual good will play should suffice until faq 1.1.

Amante said:

It's obviously going to be errataed, so don't be a ****** and play it as letting you summon Ancient Ones. :P

And that's exactly why I posted the an "official ruling" (Nate answer to my mail to him on it) on it, so it can be played right.

Seeesh, do people good and get called douchebag... angel.gif