Sign in to follow this  
Sora_Yagami

Kingdom Key...

Is seen a lot in Valor aggro decks these days. thoughts?  Is kingdom key worth it in Valor decks? if yes why? if no then what could take it's spot.

Valor control/aggro is well, just that.  A deck that focuses around Valor form to deal lots of hp very quickly. Kingdom Key seems out of place in my mind.
I think some good options would be Olympia if your meta is heavy aggro, Chesire Cat if you need help against WR, the new Alice more dark cards. 

yes kingdom key is worth it because if you lose a challenge you lose your valor for and go back to a lvl 1. and if your opponent is anything but a level one thats extra hp damage if you win a challenge as the level 1. so if you lose valor and your opponent has any form out whether it be wisdom or  a valor of their own then kingdom key hits for 3 hp each challenge. definitly worth a slot in your deck..

The more I think about it, the more I say it doesn't.

If your challenging against a Valor Form holding a suped up Olympia and Oblivion, that's 18...on it's own!  Not counting friends...good luck matching that with your measly 5 with the KK equipped...even with a Sephy in play ya got 5 more to go to win...and even then I'll take a few HP of damage to make you waste extra resources...just means you'll have less and less to beat me again later.

So I'm gonna come right out and say it.

The Kingdom Key is Lame in a Valor Sora deck...maybe even lame period.

Darkwing Duck said:

yes kingdom key is worth it because if you lose a challenge you lose your valor for and go back to a lvl 1. and if your opponent is anything but a level one thats extra hp damage if you win a challenge as the level 1. so if you lose valor and your opponent has any form out whether it be wisdom or  a valor of their own then kingdom key hits for 3 hp each challenge. definitly worth a slot in your deck..

Thank you for the second grade explaination of Kingdom Key, you really contributed something new to this discussion.  I am well aware of what the card does and what it can potentially do but that doesn't make it good in Valor decks.  If I'm playing valor control and I'm not in valor form, I'm probably losing.  When I lose valor form and I have kingdom key and Oblivion equipped, the correct play is to keep oblivion, not kingdom key.  and when I'm in Valor form, the card is trash.  What makes kingdom key good in a deck built around Valor form? 

WayToTheDawn said:

The more I think about it, the more I say it doesn't.

If your challenging against a Valor Form holding a suped up Olympia and Oblivion, that's 18...on it's own!  Not counting friends...good luck matching that with your measly 5 with the KK equipped...even with a Sephy in play ya got 5 more to go to win...and even then I'll take a few HP of damage to make you waste extra resources...just means you'll have less and less to beat me again later.

So I'm gonna come right out and say it.

The Kingdom Key is Lame in a Valor Sora deck...maybe even lame period.

Isn't there a lv 0 Timeless river Sora coming later in the game? Maybe it will be good with him. (I could have sworn that I seen one on ebay at one point.)

Sora_Yagami said:

Darkwing Duck said:

Thank you for the second grade explaination of Kingdom Key, you really contributed something new to this discussion.  I am well aware of what the card does and what it can potentially do but that doesn't make it good in Valor decks.  If I'm playing valor control and I'm not in valor form, I'm probably losing.  When I lose valor form and I have kingdom key and Oblivion equipped, the correct play is to keep oblivion, not kingdom key.  and when I'm in Valor form, the card is trash.  What makes kingdom key good in a deck built around Valor form? 

im actually in the 3rd grade thank you very much.. i guess thats how you get your jolly's talking smack on the forums for a childrens card game.

Darkwing Duck said:

im actually in the 3rd grade thank you very much.. i guess thats how you get your jolly's talking smack on the forums for a childrens card game.

Yugioh Abridged jokes come flooding into my mind...

"I'm gonna show you who's a real man by beating you in a children's card game!"

See, this is why I explain stuff out to the nth degree.  Sure, most of the regulars already know about the intricate details behind the cards, but if any noobies try to read this stuff they'll become lost in like a second UNLESS at least one person spells it out.

Granted.. you could always just spell it out once and just sticky it.

Sluppie said:

Granted.. you could always just spell it out once and just sticky it.

This would require them to have Mods that actually DO something on these forums...

...oh to have my own Mod powers back...*cries*

Darkwing Duck said:

Sora_Yagami said:

Darkwing Duck said:

I guess trying to create legitimate discussion and argue with someone on these forums is talking smack.  learn to take some criticism. 

Sora_Yagami said:

Darkwing Duck said:

Sora_Yagami said:

Darkwing Duck said:

I guess trying to create legitimate discussion and argue with someone on these forums is talking smack.  learn to take some criticism. 

theres criticism and then theres insults. you want to criticize in a non troll like manor feel free. (i dont think i know anyone who would read that and think oh hes just criticizing him maybe its just my new yorker sense of thinking) so if you want to insult, heres my email adress shoot me an email and ill send you my address so you can insult me to my face otherwise i dont care to hear it.

imadepoopypants@yahoo.com

Darkwing Duck said:

Sora_Yagami said:

Darkwing Duck said:

Sora_Yagami said:

Darkwing Duck said:

theres criticism and then theres insults. you want to criticize in a non troll like manor feel free. (i dont think i know anyone who would read that and think oh hes just criticizing him maybe its just my new yorker sense of thinking) so if you want to insult, heres my email adress shoot me an email and ill send you my address so you can insult me to my face otherwise i dont care to hear it.

Yes, because using the term "Second grade explanation" counts as good ol' fashioned trolling these days. I thought it was a rather constructive argument myself, and just because you don't like the manner of speech doesn't mean it's trolling.

Kids these days >_> Nobody knows what a good troll is anymore.

I agree with Troth and Sora here.

You have to admit you take things too personally sometimes...I believe it's what's launched us into many a flamewar with one another DW.  It's incredibly hard to have civil discussions about this card game anymore as we're all so touchy, I'll admit I am at times...but I'm gettin' better. My point is, ignore what you'd consider "insults" and continue the discussion, it's not that hard, not everyone is out to get you.

WayToTheDawn said:

You have to admit you take things too personally sometimes...I believe it's what's launched us into many a flamewar with one another DW.  It's incredibly hard to have civil discussions about this card game anymore as we're all so touchy, I'll admit I am at times...but I'm gettin' better. My point is, ignore what you'd consider "insults" and continue the discussion, it's not that hard, not everyone is out to get you.

But...I need flamewars to survive >:
I feed off the anguish of others...

Trothael said:

WayToTheDawn said:

Well...flamewars are still completely doable sir.

I'm speaking in terms of card discussion mainly.  Feel free to flame people for no reason, that's what Trolls do best right?

WayToTheDawn said:

Trothael said:

WayToTheDawn said:

Well...flamewars are still completely doable sir.

I'm speaking in terms of card discussion mainly.  Feel free to flame people for no reason, that's what Trolls do best right?

That's what unprofessional trolls do. A professional troll can start a flame war without insulting anyone.

Trothael said:

Darkwing Duck said:

Sora_Yagami said:

Darkwing Duck said:

Sora_Yagami said:

Darkwing Duck said:

Yes, because using the term "Second grade explanation" counts as good ol' fashioned trolling these days. I thought it was a rather constructive argument myself, and just because you don't like the manner of speech doesn't mean it's trolling.

Don't be sad.  Isn't that the point?  To make people think you're NOT trolling?

Sluppie said:

Trothael said:

Darkwing Duck said:

Sora_Yagami said:

Darkwing Duck said:

Sora_Yagami said:

Darkwing Duck said:

Don't be sad.  Isn't that the point?  To make people think you're NOT trolling?

Refer to signature.

WayToTheDawn said:

i take things said to me over the internet very personally because these are things that would never be said to my face so the littlest poke at me while one is behind their computer in the somfort of their own home bothers me. so now i will no longer give any of you the oppurtunity of being cowards towards me on these forums again so im going to remove myself from the situation so you guys can find someone else to "gang up" on with you little KH "gang"...

Darkwing Duck said:

WayToTheDawn said:

i take things said to me over the internet very personally because these are things that would never be said to my face so the littlest poke at me while one is behind their computer in the somfort of their own home bothers me. so now i will no longer give any of you the oppurtunity of being cowards towards me on these forums again so im going to remove myself from the situation so you guys can find someone else to "gang up" on with you little KH "gang"...

No, I'd probably say that to your face, I don't see how it was insulting at all but to each his own.  If you don't like it, then don't post. people are free to say whatever it is they want as long as it doesn't violate the terms of use on the site.

Darkwing Duck said:

WayToTheDawn said:

Everyone says this, but I never hesitate to say whatever I think to someone's face.  In fact, if it's over the internet I'd probably add a little BS to it.