Sign in to follow this  
Joseph Hermsen

game figures

So how much of an issue are broken figures with this game?  I have seen a lot of posts on the Geek saying that this is a problem.  This might influence my buying until a second printing unless FFG has a good solution to fragile bits. Comments from early buyers?

I've heard of a lot of people having broken ones. I thought I read somewhere that FFG said it was one particular batch that had issues. My set was all unbroken although one that was on the horse was separated at the torso where it clearly went together. Just needs one drop of Krazy Glue and it should be fine. Only other issue was my box bottom had one split corner. I read one other person having that as well. FFG is typically very good at replacing broken/missing pieces. 

Well who is going to get online to complain about their pieces not being broken?

I will go ahead and say that my miniatures arrived in excellent condition.  None of them are broken, and the bending was very mild (just usual stuff, horses leaning a bit and weapons bent.)  The worst one for me is the witch king.  His arm is held way up in a dramatic pose... but his sword is all droopy :P

Old Dwarf said:

I just got ME Delivered from CoolStuff in Fla-Gothmog was busted up but everyone else was ok.I noticed Customer Service & FFG thakes care of such things fast.

OD

Uh-oh.  Does not bode well for my coolstuff order arriving Thursday...

IMO the fig problem is due to 3/4 of the game box taken by the insert,which the boards & tiles rest on.This leaves a 4th of the box as a canyon where the cards & figs are placed.The card decks take yo 75% of that canyon & the figs are all together in a small plastic bag.

The division between the cards & figs is just a thin cardboard  flap,so whenever the box would be turned the card decks move against the flap & thus push against the plastic bag of figs (You have a lot of card decks),the resulting pressure squeezes the figs against the box & causes things to snap.

The plastic bag in my game had many puncture marks where the figs had been pushed with enough force to pierce the bag.The odd thing is that there is all that unutalized room under the insert,they could have put the bags of figs there.In anycase if the figs had just been given something more than just all being jamed together (they are really packed in) in the bag it would probably save FFG all the replacement request.

The figs are really nice but they do have a lot of delicate places,especially weapons that are easily snapped off.

OD

Titeman said:

Old Dwarf said:

I just got ME Delivered from CoolStuff in Fla-Gothmog was busted up but everyone else was ok.I noticed Customer Service & FFG thakes care of such things fast.

OD

Uh-oh.  Does not bode well for my coolstuff order arriving Thursday...

So how did your figs fare?

OD

I've just posted a letter to FFG re: missing Gtohmog figure. They seem to be on the case so wait and see. All other figures are fine; great game so hope to report a positive response from FFG.

When I posted them about poor Gothmog I got an ackowledgement it would be tended to after everyone was back from GenCon & that they expected a little wait until the message backlog was cleared up.

OD

Well my fellow brothers of the broken/missing figs-Looks like FFG is telling us to go the store we purchased the game to ask for our replacementsorpresa.gif.Looks like the the FFG Customer service armor just got a major ding.Basically we're being told "Deal With It" it's your problem..

So lets see I have to ask an On-Line Store a 1000 miles away to take the time  & send me Gothmog & eat the shipping & packing because FFG screwed up & by the way the replacement figs are 6 weeks awaypartido_risa.gif .

Somehow cutting customers who have shelled out good money (or even bad money) loose to jump through hoops doesn't strike me as Customers Service.Shamesad.gif.

OD

OK as I can't edit the previous post let me back up here.I contacted my place of purchase(CoolStuff) and got a nice reply they don't have a time frame for replacements but they would add my name to the list of customers needing replacements.So I'll consider the matter closed.

I trust all places of purchase will be as agreeable as CoolStuff.

OD